Author Topic: Ted Cruz gets Heritage Foundation ‘endorsement’  (Read 725 times)

Offline Paladin

Ted Cruz gets Heritage Foundation ‘endorsement’
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:52:29 pm »
"According to a new a report from the Heritage Foundation, Sen. Ted Cruz is just about the ideal presidential candidate.

Heritage Action, the political arm of perhaps the most respected think tank in the conservative movement, which is now run by former South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, had almost nothing but praise for Mr. Cruz in its first ever presidential policy scorecard.

One of the report’s most stirring salutes involves Mr. Cruz’s regular campaign promise to actually do what he says, instead of getting distracted by the many trappings and sellouts of Washington, D.C.

Put another way, he won’t lie to you and is known for, um, having a pair.

“Like many other candidates, Senator Cruz has articulated a firm commitment to lim­ited government principles,” reads the report. “He stands out from the field for his willingness to use all available leverage to fight for those princi­ples, even when the battle is uphill.”

That resoluteness is one of the primary reasons why I endorsed Mr. Cruz for president this summer, and why others have embraced him with similar confidence across the country to make him one of the best-funded and best-organized candidates in the field."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/10/steve-deace-cruz-gets-heritage-foundation-endorsem/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline libertybele

Re: Ted Cruz gets Heritage Foundation ‘endorsement’
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 09:03:21 pm »
 :amen:  Cruz is just about the ideal candidate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 01:58:18 am »
:amen:  Cruz is just about the ideal candidate.

Like I said on another thread, I think Cruz is the one candidate the Trump supporters and Trump haters can finally agree on. Not the first choice for many of us one-year out, but I can see reason he could unify the base and we could rally around him. Since the last debate I have been warming up to him a bit. One thing about him I find remarkable, and Glenn Beck pointed it out, is he has not a photographic memory, but an oratory memory. He can retain and recite with clarity what he hears - like in the last debate when he slammed CNBC repeating the stupid questions they asked other candidates. Beck knows Cruz real well and had private time with him, and knows first hand these extraordinary skills he has.  Beck pointed out he is not without fault either - one of them being he can be a bit dry and robotic when giving speeches and needs to loosen up to better connect with people. My observation, is he sounds a lot like Mr. Haney from Green Acres. I think this can be all taken care of with a good  public speaking coach, which many politicians hire. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 02:09:59 am »
Nope. Rubio is my choice.

Ted Cruz would get killed in a general election.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

I tend to disagree for the simple fact that he is not considered part of the establishment and Rubio is.  Trump and Carson's numbers are as high as they are because they are not part of the establishment.   Once Rubio's record on immigration comes out and the fact that he voted for Kerry as Secretary of State and for the Iran nuke deal he won't make it as the nominee anyways. which is unfortunate because to an extent I actually like Rubio.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 01:36:19 pm »
Like I said on another thread, I think Cruz is the one candidate the Trump supporters and Trump haters can finally agree on. Not the first choice for many of us one-year out, but I can see reason he could unify the base and we could rally around him. Since the last debate I have been warming up to him a bit. One thing about him I find remarkable, and Glenn Beck pointed it out, is he has not a photographic memory, but an oratory memory. He can retain and recite with clarity what he hears - like in the last debate when he slammed CNBC repeating the stupid questions they asked other candidates. Beck knows Cruz real well and had private time with him, and knows first hand these extraordinary skills he has.  Beck pointed out he is not without fault either - one of them being he can be a bit dry and robotic when giving speeches and needs to loosen up to better connect with people. My observation, is he sounds a lot like Mr. Haney from Green Acres. I think this can be all taken care of with a good  public speaking coach, which many politicians hire.

Those "robotic" debating skills have been entrenched in him. While attending Princeton he won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 02:32:56 pm »
Rubio, for TPP and killing this country and if that does not work no borders will do it and amnesty. Never created a job in his life and cannot even manage his personal finances, except the 80K boat and he wants to manage the country's money. What is their NOT to like? **nononono*
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:33:43 pm by Longiron »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 02:39:35 pm »

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

Who's gonna kill him Sink?  You?

:happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 03:11:43 pm »

Agreed.  No one on the east coast that suffered as a result of Superstorm Sandy would vote for Cruz.  He is disliked by a broad range of people who live elsewhere too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 05:12:14 pm »
Agreed.  No one on the east coast that suffered as a result of Superstorm Sandy would vote for Cruz.  He is disliked by a broad range of people who live elsewhere too.

I live in Florida and have been through several hurricane disasters; monies are definitely not always readily available and those who were insured by select insurance carriers found themselves without aid or reimbursement for years.  Believe it or not, things have improved as we experienced each disaster.  I don't know how it is in the east but those in certain areas are required to not only carry homeowner's insurance but hurricane insurance and flood insurance (now FEMA).  Even at that it takes awhile for assistance to go through especially when a disaster is widespread or the damage is significant.

From my understanding the bill for aid for Sandy was full of inappropriate and unnecessary funding that had nothing to do with funding directly for Sandy.  It is unfortunate that people are misled and misinformed as to what actually happens with bills and how some of these bills are literally hundreds if not thousands of pages long and in a lot of cases funds asked for within a bill have nothing to do with the cause.  It is equally as sad that one party tends to create a bill that is objectionable so to blame the other party when in reality they should be focused on appropriating a bill that is specific to the cause (its called politics).

There obviously were some ridiculous things in the bill as eight amendments were added to the bill including prohibiting dead people and anyone with "serious delinquent tax debts" from receiving  any of the federal emergency funds. The bill passed the Senate, but ultimately the House has the power of the purse.  Even though there were 180 representatives who voted no -- eventually the bill did pass.