Author Topic: “Terrible” Trump and a Debate That Made America Grate Again...Ron Fournier  (Read 610 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/92356/terrible-trump-debate-that-made-america-grate-again

“Terrible” Trump and a Debate That Made America Grate Again

Front-runner is rude, dismissive, and vague—and it may not matter.

November 10, 2015

Don­ald Trump was a con­des­cend­ing, nar­row-minded brag­gart who dis­missed the gov­ernor of Ohio like a bil­lion­aire to a bum: “I don’t have to hear from this man.” In oth­er words, the fourth GOP pres­id­en­tial de­bate was as en­light­en­ing as the first three.

Eight Re­pub­lic­an can­did­ates squared off in Wis­con­sin for a de­bate tele­vised by Fox Busi­ness Net­work, which, along with its co­spon­sors at The Wall Street Journ­al, kept ques­tions tame and tilted to­ward the eco­nomy.

The is­sue that sparked the fiercest ex­change: im­mig­ra­tion.

“It was a ter­rif­ic thing that that happened,” Trump said of a fed­er­al ap­peals court rul­ing on Monday that up­held a lower court’s de­cision against Pres­id­ent Obama’s ex­ec­ut­ive or­ders eas­ing de­port­a­tion threats on mil­lions of il­leg­al im­mig­rants.

Trump re­it­er­ated his vague prom­ise to de­port them all. “We’re a coun­try of laws. We either have a coun­try or we don’t have a coun­try. They’re go­ing to have to go out,” the GOP front-run­ner said, “and hope­fully they get back.”

John Kasich, a pop­u­lar Ohio gov­ernor who helped bal­ance the fed­er­al budget as a con­gress­man in the 1990s, re­minded GOP voters that Ron­ald Re­agan eased im­mig­ra­tion laws. He also called out Trump for pan­der­ing. “Think about the fam­il­ies. Think about the chil­dren,” Kasich said, adding that de­port­ing 11 mil­lion people is un­feas­ible. “It’s a silly ar­gu­ment. It’s not an adult ar­gu­ment. It makes no sense.”

Trump tried to com­pare his plan with Pres­id­ent Eis­en­hower’s ac­tions, a fal­la­cious ar­gu­ment that Kasich tried to counter. Trump wouldn’t let him. “You should let Jeb speak,” said the New York real es­tate mogul and real­ity TV star.

He was re­fer­ring to Jeb Bush, the broth­er and son of former pres­id­ents whose cam­paign is on the brink of col­lapse, des­pite a con­ser­vat­ive re­cord as the gov­ernor of Flor­ida and a com­mon-sense ap­proach to im­mig­ra­tion that might slow the si­phon­ing of His­pan­ic voters from the GOP.

Bush was slow to pick up the cue—a bad habit of his—and Kasich tried to counter Trump again.

“I built a com­pany worth bil­lions and bil­lions of dol­lars,” said Trump, who has ad­mit­ted to ex­ag­ger­at­ing his busi­ness suc­cesses. “I don’t have to hear from this man.”

Fi­nally, Bush spoke up. “Thank you, Don­ald, for let­ting me speak at the de­bate.” The audi­ence laughed at the sar­casm, if not at Trump. “What a gen­er­ous man you are.”

Bush then spoke the truth about Trump’s im­mig­ra­tion rhet­or­ic. “It’s just not pos­sible and it’s not em­bra­cing Amer­ic­an val­ues and it would tear fam­il­ies apart,” he said, “and even hav­ing this con­ver­sa­tion sends a power­ful sig­nal: They’re do­ing high fives in the Clin­ton cam­paign when they’re hear­ing this.”

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
What a load of biased crap.  I guess he thought Kasich won the debate.

:bsflag:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

I think Trump's 'performance' (that's what they all are) was third from the bottom.  The only ones who were worse were Kasich and Bush.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GAJohnnie

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/92356/terrible-trump-debate-that-made-america-grate-again

“Terrible” Trump and a Debate That Made America Grate Again

Front-runner is rude, dismissive, and vague—and it may not matter.

November 10, 2015

Don­ald Trump was a con­des­cend­ing, nar­row-minded brag­gart who dis­missed the gov­ernor of Ohio like a bil­lion­aire to a bum: “I don’t have to hear from this man.” In oth­er words, the fourth GOP pres­id­en­tial de­bate was as en­light­en­ing as the first three.

Eight Re­pub­lic­an can­did­ates squared off in Wis­con­sin for a de­bate tele­vised by Fox Busi­ness Net­work, which, along with its co­spon­sors at The Wall Street Journ­al, kept ques­tions tame and tilted to­ward the eco­nomy.

The is­sue that sparked the fiercest ex­change: im­mig­ra­tion.

“It was a ter­rif­ic thing that that happened,” Trump said of a fed­er­al ap­peals court rul­ing on Monday that up­held a lower court’s de­cision against Pres­id­ent Obama’s ex­ec­ut­ive or­ders eas­ing de­port­a­tion threats on mil­lions of il­leg­al im­mig­rants.

Trump re­it­er­ated his vague prom­ise to de­port them all. “We’re a coun­try of laws. We either have a coun­try or we don’t have a coun­try. They’re go­ing to have to go out,” the GOP front-run­ner said, “and hope­fully they get back.”

John Kasich, a pop­u­lar Ohio gov­ernor who helped bal­ance the fed­er­al budget as a con­gress­man in the 1990s, re­minded GOP voters that Ron­ald Re­agan eased im­mig­ra­tion laws. He also called out Trump for pan­der­ing. “Think about the fam­il­ies. Think about the chil­dren,” Kasich said, adding that de­port­ing 11 mil­lion people is un­feas­ible. “It’s a silly ar­gu­ment. It’s not an adult ar­gu­ment. It makes no sense.”

Trump tried to com­pare his plan with Pres­id­ent Eis­en­hower’s ac­tions, a fal­la­cious ar­gu­ment that Kasich tried to counter. Trump wouldn’t let him. “You should let Jeb speak,” said the New York real es­tate mogul and real­ity TV star.

He was re­fer­ring to Jeb Bush, the broth­er and son of former pres­id­ents whose cam­paign is on the brink of col­lapse, des­pite a con­ser­vat­ive re­cord as the gov­ernor of Flor­ida and a com­mon-sense ap­proach to im­mig­ra­tion that might slow the si­phon­ing of His­pan­ic voters from the GOP.

Bush was slow to pick up the cue—a bad habit of his—and Kasich tried to counter Trump again.

“I built a com­pany worth bil­lions and bil­lions of dol­lars,” said Trump, who has ad­mit­ted to ex­ag­ger­at­ing his busi­ness suc­cesses. “I don’t have to hear from this man.”

Fi­nally, Bush spoke up. “Thank you, Don­ald, for let­ting me speak at the de­bate.” The audi­ence laughed at the sar­casm, if not at Trump. “What a gen­er­ous man you are.”

Bush then spoke the truth about Trump’s im­mig­ra­tion rhet­or­ic. “It’s just not pos­sible and it’s not em­bra­cing Amer­ic­an val­ues and it would tear fam­il­ies apart,” he said, “and even hav­ing this con­ver­sa­tion sends a power­ful sig­nal: They’re do­ing high fives in the Clin­ton cam­paign when they’re hear­ing this.”

continued

Media doesn't get it. These sort of petty childish tirades are why no one is listening to them any longer. Not a rational fact based argument just a long bile lace personal attack because the author doesn't like Trump.

Offline sinkspur

Media doesn't get it. These sort of petty childish tirades are why no one is listening to them any longer. Not a rational fact based argument just a long bile lace personal attack because the author doesn't like Trump.

You know, YOU are the one who's throwing petty tirades. Fournier QUOTES Trump and Bush and other candidates.  That's about as factual as you can get, actual words from candidates' mouths.  Yes, he throws in some commentary, but that's what he does.

Fournier thinks Trump's candidacy is a joke, as do I, as do most Americans.  You can find plenty of throne-sniffers for Trump over at Breitbart and the Laura Ingraham show.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

You know, YOU are the one who's throwing petty tirades. Fournier QUOTES Trump and Bush and other candidates.  That's about as factual as you can get, actual words from candidates' mouths.  Yes, he throws in some commentary, but that's what he does.

Fournier thinks Trump's candidacy is a joke, as do I, as do most Americans.  You can find plenty of throne-sniffers for Trump over at Breitbart and the Laura Ingraham show.

Please check your emotions. Your habit of posting personal attack at posters because you don't like the message adds nothing to the discussion

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"....no one is listening to them any longer?"  Try all time records for debate viewership.

Trump gives his audiences entertainment, with politics.

Fact: Americans generally do NOT like politics.

Fact: Americans crave entertainment.

Trump delivers. Elvis Presley might have been President, if he wanted it and worked at it.

Trump is working at it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yeah this is Ron Fournier, his own house probably slants to the left. This is the guy that if Jesus walked on water, he'd proclaim Jesus couldn't swim. He's got such thick Left colored lenses that politically he's legally blind.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

Please check your emotions. Your habit of posting personal attack at posters because you don't like the message adds nothing to the discussion

Check your sanctimony, pal.  If you think what I am doing is an "attack," you have no idea what an attack is.

Offline Politics4us

I thought it was Trump's best debate. I'm not just saying that, because he's my #2 choice. He made great points on immigration and foreign policy. He was the only person on that stage to praise the federal court that struck down Obama's executive order on illegal immigration. I thought Marco did better in the CNBC debate. Rand Paul did better this time, however he hurt himself with the military budget comment. Kasich and Bush hurt themselves, so their performance was irrelevant. I think that Bush should get rid of his glasses. He did about the same as the CNBC debate if you takeaway the Rubio back and fourth. Kasich didn't win any voters. Carson gave good answers, but he wasn't very exciting. Fiorina is kind of like Hillary in that she sounds phony. I would say Cruz came in #2.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:34:30 pm by Politics4us »

Offline Paladin

Ditto that, GAJohnnie. Such an angry, angry man and it permeates all his comments.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

Ditto that, GAJohnnie. Such an angry, angry man and it permeates all his comments.

Angry?  LOL!!  I'm the happiest guy on this forum.  You just have no idea................. :tongue2: