Author Topic: Dick Morris: No Way Carson Can Become President  (Read 2061 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dick Morris: No Way Carson Can Become President
« on: November 11, 2015, 01:32:35 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=701610

Newsmax
Dick Morris: No Way Carson Can Become President
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:57 AM

By: Todd Beamon

Ben Carson's dismal performance in Tuesday's fourth Republican debate proved that the retired pediatric neurosurgeon is in "no way" a presidential candidate, political strategist Dick Morris told NewsmaxTV.

"The big question that hangs over me as I saw this debate is what the hell is holding Ben Carson up?" Morris told host J.D. Hayworth on the "NewsmaxTV Debate Special" in an interview. "You look at this guy and there's no way that he's a presidential candidate."

"There isn't the power there," Morris continued. "There isn't the strength there. When he talks about national defense, it's like he's painting by numbers.

"He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about with the economy or about national defense — and why should he?" Morris asked. "It's not his field, and I just can't for the life of me understand it."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Dick Morris: No Way Carson Can Become President
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 01:37:14 pm »
Always tell who the Clintonites are afraid of based on who Morris is attacking. Remember Morris is Bill Clinton's guy who pretends to be "Republican"

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 02:16:14 pm »
I think Carson gave a dismal performance last night, especially considering that all eyes were on him after the previous week's controversies surrounding him.  Yes, many of them were petty and some outright deceptive - but you would think he would be trying extra hard to polish his credibility.  I found most of his answers to be vague and he seemed to be stalling with meaningless talk to try to run the clock out.  He was completely out of his league. 

If his poll numbers don't start reflecting that and coming down - something's not right.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 02:18:35 pm »
Always tell who the Clintonites are afraid of based on who Morris is attacking. Remember Morris is Bill Clinton's guy who pretends to be "Republican"

And his record on predictions is, to say the least, dismal!  Dr. Carson should wear this as a badge of honor!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 02:20:36 pm »

What on earth would make you think ANYBODY is afraid of Ben Carson?  He doesn't know what he's talking about half the time, makes statements he has to walk back, and is, frankly, just strange in some of his beliefs. 

Anybody who supports him after the last couple of weeks is as ignorant politically as Carson.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 02:34:40 pm »
Looking at it realistically, our society is so pop culture, image driven, he has a point. On many things, Carson has been good as an adult voice on many issues, but in our country, that doesn't win. I'm not saying this is good, but I think we will start to see more populist, outrageous personalities and crazy promises become popular. People will cheer behind flags of anti this or free that and not stop to think rationally.

Citizens want brash, they want WWE.

I don't say this with a smile on my face either.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 02:40:07 pm »
Looking at it realistically, our society is so pop culture, image driven, he has a point. On many things, Carson has been good as an adult voice on many issues, but in our country, that doesn't win. I'm not saying this is good, but I think we will start to see more populist, outrageous personalities and crazy promises become popular. People will cheer behind flags of anti this or free that and not stop to think rationally.

Sounds like you're getting ready to explain away a Donald Trump presidency.

....and I say this with a smile on my face!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 03:03:29 pm »
Carson is a nice guy, but that alone doesn't qualify him to jump from being a respected surgeon to being in the highest office of the land.  He just doesn't have the breadth of knowledge on political issues that can spell life or death for us.  In more peaceful times, maybe. 

His performance at last night's debate reminded me of myself - back when I was in school and had not studied my assignment - trying to avoid making eye contact with the teacher and hoping she would call on someone else.  He wasn't jumping in, he was hiding behind the podium and hoping no one would call on him. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 03:12:48 pm »
I think Carson gave a dismal performance last night, especially considering that all eyes were on him after the previous week's controversies surrounding him.  Yes, many of them were petty and some outright deceptive - but you would think he would be trying extra hard to polish his credibility.  I found most of his answers to be vague and he seemed to be stalling with meaningless talk to try to run the clock out.  He was completely out of his league. 

If his poll numbers don't start reflecting that and coming down - something's not right.

Since Trump's numbers haven't come down after all the boneheaded and mean things he's said, I doubt that Carson's numbers will come down because his 'credibility' isn't 'polished' in your view.

IOW, something's not right about this whole Primary.  Trump has no business being on top in a real world.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 03:14:14 pm »

Jesse Ventura comes to mind.  Trump has a similar appeal.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 03:16:34 pm »
Since Trump's numbers haven't come down after all the boneheaded and mean things he's said, I doubt that Carson's numbers will come down because his 'credibility' isn't 'polished' in your view.

IOW, something's not right about this whole Primary.  Trump has no business being on top in a real world.

I think Abaraxas is right:  GOP voters seem to want WWE and right now they're favoring the guy who hits his opponents over the head with a table.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 03:18:07 pm »
I think Abaraxas is right:  GOP voters seem to want WWE and right now they're favoring the guy who hits his opponents over the head with a table.

A similar situation existed in MN when Jesse Ventura won.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 03:24:27 pm »
What on earth would make you think ANYBODY is afraid of Ben Carson?  He doesn't know what he's talking about half the time, makes statements he has to walk back, and is, frankly, just strange in some of his beliefs. 

Anybody who supports him after the last couple of weeks is as ignorant politically as Carson.

The facts of the polls Carson vrs Clinton show your opinions are the ones that are "politically ignorant".

When are "Conservatives" going to learn their feelings are not facts? It absurd to make an  argument based on stating your opinion as a fact. Sorry you dislike Dr Carson. it also completely irrational to scream a personal attack at someone because you don't like what they have to say

When you can make a rational, rather then emotional, case for your position. Try again.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 03:28:15 pm »
Jesse Ventura comes to mind.  Trump has a similar appeal.

Actually as someone who lived in MN then that is not the case. 

He pulled a Clinton. Told the voters what they wanted to hear right up to Election day than did what he wanted once in office.

Ventura ran to the right of both the GOP and the Democrat candidates.  He won on a solidly Conservative platform of tax reduction. Of course, being a life long Democrat, Ventura promptly forgot all that once he was elected.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »

Actually what is wrong here is we have the mindset that we MUST choose from the stable of "approved" candidates. Problem is the "approved" candidates for 30 years have gone to DC and done everything to create the mess we are currently in as a nation. We are on the verge of losing our nation culturally, demographically and economically.

Lowest labor market participation rate since 1978. Political Class-Learn to live with it, this is the new normal.

MO College hysterics: Political Class-We have to learn to be more culturally sensitive to the thugs and professional whiners

Repeated illegal alien violent offenders released back into society. Political Class-we need Amnesty because we cannot do anything about the illegals.

The American people seem to have woken up to the fact that doing the same thing again is NOT going to do anything to address the corrupt, defiant incompetence of the DC Media/Political/Business machine.

The American people are looking for someone who demonstrates the backbone, and skills, to go to DC and say "This, this and this is nonsense. We aren't going to do any more of this no matter how loud the Donor class screams".

It not the voters fault that the political class has so soiled their nest for the last 30 years that the American people have finally stopped trusting any of them to do anything.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »
Actually as someone who lived in MN then that is not the case. 

He pulled a Clinton. Told the voters what they wanted to hear right up to Election day than did what he wanted once in office.

Ventura ran to the right of both the GOP and the Democrat candidates.  He won on a solidly Conservative platform of tax reduction. Of course, being a life long Democrat, Ventura promptly forgot all that once he was elected.

You don't think Trump is telling voters what they want to hear?  And he is also a Democrat, who is appealing by presenting a faux conservatism just like Ventura did.

So I still think the parallel holds.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 03:41:52 pm »
The facts of the polls Carson vrs Clinton show your opinions are the ones that are "politically ignorant".

When are "Conservatives" going to learn their feelings are not facts? It absurd to make an  argument based on stating your opinion as a fact. Sorry you dislike Dr Carson. it also completely irrational to scream a personal attack at someone because you don't like what they have to say

When you can make a rational, rather then emotional, case for your position. Try again.

OK.  Here's a rational argument, bub:  Carson is not qualified to be president. He's ignorant on policy issues and wants us to support him cuz he was a great neurosurgeon and a calm guy.  Guiliani was leading in the polls 8 years ago and cratered once the primaries started.

I don't dislike Carson.  I just don't want him in the Oval Office.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 04:16:17 pm »
Sounds like you're getting ready to explain away a Donald Trump presidency.

....and I say this with a smile on my face!     :laugh:

I've been commenting on the pop culture mentality of our society long before this election cycle. Feel free to check. :)

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »
OK.  Here's a rational argument, bub:  Carson is not qualified to be president. He's ignorant on policy issues and wants us to support him cuz he was a great neurosurgeon and a calm guy.  Guiliani was leading in the polls 8 years ago and cratered once the primaries started.

I don't dislike Carson.  I just don't want him in the Oval Office.

Well I think that the opinion that the way to fix a corrupt, incompetent political establishment in DC is to repeated the same process we have followed for the last 30 years and send yet anther DC insider to "Fix it" is nonsense.

Labor Participation rates at lowest left since 1978: DC Political Class-Learn to live with it, this is the new normal.

Trillions in new spending and Debt: DC Political Class-we have to get something done, this is just the process you people are just too ignronat to  understand how this works

Violent criminal illegals being released again and again in our cities. DC Political Class well they only way to solve this is with Amnesty.

Taxpayer funds going to Planet Parenthood to preform grotesque human tissue harvesting. DC Political Class: It's only $50 million nothing to be concerned about.

Billions of dollars in corrupt pay outs to Political donors in the name of "Green Energy" or "Aiding the Syrian opposition". DC Political Class-move along here, nothing to see

I could go on and on and on but the list of corruption and incompetence from DC is endless.

Given the record of failure and incompetence from DC for the last 30 years, "more of the same" is not a rational option

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 05:00:50 pm »
You don't think Trump is telling voters what they want to hear?  And he is also a Democrat, who is appealing by presenting a faux conservatism just like Ventura did.

So I still think the parallel holds.

I merely wanted to point out Ventura did not run a "populist" campaign. He ran a "fiscal conservative tax-cutter" campaign. He was actually pretty far to the right of both the GOP and the Dem candidate in his campaign.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 11:45:40 pm »

goopo

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 11:54:30 pm »
Well I think that the opinion that the way to fix a corrupt, incompetent political establishment in DC is to repeated the same process we have followed for the last 30 years and send yet anther DC insider to "Fix it" is nonsense.

Labor Participation rates at lowest left since 1978: DC Political Class-Learn to live with it, this is the new normal.

Trillions in new spending and Debt: DC Political Class-we have to get something done, this is just the process you people are just too ignronat to  understand how this works

Violent criminal illegals being released again and again in our cities. DC Political Class well they only way to solve this is with Amnesty.

Taxpayer funds going to Planet Parenthood to preform grotesque human tissue harvesting. DC Political Class: It's only $50 million nothing to be concerned about.

Billions of dollars in corrupt pay outs to Political donors in the name of "Green Energy" or "Aiding the Syrian opposition". DC Political Class-move along here, nothing to see

I could go on and on and on but the list of corruption and incompetence from DC is endless.

Given the record of failure and incompetence from DC for the last 30 years, "more of the same" is not a rational option

You may be right.  I think much of what you say is overstated, but, even if it's right, the president is not going to be able to change the "DC political class" by himself. 

Carson is not promising to go after corruption. Hell, he can't even decide if he favors the minimum wage or not. Ben Carson is a deer-in-the-headlights.  He has no idea what he's gotten himself into and has no natural constituency (like Trump). 

You are seeing in Trump and Carson what you want to see.  They are not saviors and they can't get jack done without Congress and even a Republican Congress is not going to go along with some of the dopey nonsense they're talking about.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 12:00:21 am »

I swear he does remind one of Chauncey Gardner (Peter Sellers) in Being There

A maddening monotone accompanied by a hint of a smirk.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 12:30:39 am »
82 days (I think) until we get some REAL poll numbers from the State of Iowa.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 12:58:37 am »
I think it is fairly clear that Ben Carson is going to be the choice of the evangelicals.  I think that decision has pretty much been made, and I don't think it will change based on a mediocre debate performance.  It means Carson will do well in Iowa, but not as well in NH, unless he can make inroads into some other constituencies. 

I haven't seen anything from Carson that would cause me much alarm in terms of whether he would govern in a way that is consistent with my views.  I have seen much in the way of policy from from Bush, Kasich and Trump that pretty much guarantees I won't be voting for any of them.

Right now I am still supporting Paul with Carson my second choice and Cruz my third.  I didn't see anything last night to fundamentally change that, although Cruz was elevated a bit and Carson de-elevated a bit based on their debate performances.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:00:07 am by massadvj »