Author Topic: George Will: 'Unhinged' O'Reilly was 'Loser of the Week'  (Read 1124 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George Will: 'Unhinged' O'Reilly was 'Loser of the Week'
« on: November 09, 2015, 03:14:23 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=701246

Newsmax
George Will: 'Unhinged' O'Reilly was 'Loser of the Week'
Monday, November 9, 2015 08:40 AM

By: Greg Richter

Conservative columnist George Will didn't save all his vitriol for Fox News host Bill O'Reilly for his guest appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor" Friday. He previewed it earlier on Fox News Channel's "Special Report" where he declared O'Reilly his "Loser of the Week."

Will, who is a Fox News contributor, first taped the heated showdown for O'Reilly's program, then appeared live on "Special Report" as a panelist.

Friday's panelists are typically asked at the end of the show to pick a winner and loser for the week.

Will picked Rep. Kevin Brady of Texas as his winner for being picked Ways and Means Committee chairman.

"The 'Loser of the Week' is Bill O'Reilly of Fox News, whose book called 'Killing Reagan' is being eviscerated by real historians and by almost everyone who worked and knew Ronald Reagan," Will said. "Viewers might want to see his response to my criticism on a segment we taped for his show tonight that is so unhinged as to be highly amusing."

Host Bret Baier erupted in laughter, saying "So that goes to prove how much autonomy is given to panelists on the winners and losers."

The Will-O'Reilly feud began with a column written by Will in which he questioned the claim of O'Reilly's book that the 1981 assassination attempt caused Reagan problems that began a decline in his mental health.

O'Reilly responded, calling Will a "hack" and challenging him to come on his show. Will did just that on Friday, where O'Reilly accused him of breaking a promise to someone at Fox New to give him a heads up on the column.

Will said the "promise" was a misunderstanding.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: George Will: 'Unhinged' O'Reilly was 'Loser of the Week'
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:34:12 pm »
I was channel surfing, and happened to catch some of the Will-O'Reilly segment. O'Reilly did come across as unhinged, it was amusing. I almost expected O'Reilly to stop and say: "**** it, we'll do it live!"

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 03:50:10 pm »
I was channel surfing, and happened to catch some of the Will-O'Reilly segment. O'Reilly did come across as unhinged, it was amusing. I almost expected O'Reilly to stop and say: "**** it, we'll do it live!"

I agree.  I heard the Special Report segment on XM Radio and made it a point to watch O'Reilly as a result.  This ain't over, not with the O'Reilly ego. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 04:02:35 pm »
I didn't understand the whole segment, including why it was even on the show at all. That was a private exchange that should have been done in office or by phone call. I have no interest in the least about why George didn't call o'Reilly. The entire interview, my only thought was, who cares about this?  This is a personal matter between two specific people. Nothing more than that.

It was like watching a hysterical wife yelling at her husband for not calling to say he would be late for dinner.

Will, wrote a review critical of Bill's book and Bill O'Reilly totally lost his mind over it.

He, as we found out is as fragile and thin skinned as those that he criticizes.

Changed view of Bill O'Reilly, especially in terms of class and decorum.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 04:04:57 pm »
You are falling for it, people. Newsmen as the news story. 

Politicians, newsmen. Reality TV lives on. Next week it will be open profanity, on the air live.

Just to get top ratings. And people fall for it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 04:12:17 pm »
You are falling for it, people. Newsmen as the news story. 

Politicians, newsmen. Reality TV lives on. Next week it will be open profanity, on the air live.

Just to get top ratings. And people fall for it.

You're absolutely right.
I don't watch Fox much anymore, it was just by chance I caught this. Fox tends coarsen everything it touches.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 04:48:19 pm »
One interesting fact I picked up up in this was how many times Bill O'Reilly said 'we' and 'our' when referring to the books.

When we write our books. ..

Made me wonder if Bill's books are all ghost written with only his name on them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 05:23:42 pm »
One interesting fact I picked up up in this was how many times Bill O'Reilly said 'we' and 'our' when referring to the books.

When we write our books. ..

Made me wonder if Bill's books are all ghost written with only his name on them.
Yep...noticed that too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 05:43:19 pm »
I watched it and fell out on the floor laughing wihen the King of hacks actually called someone else a hack!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 06:04:34 pm »
I didn't understand the whole segment, including why it was even on the show at all. That was a private exchange that should have been done in office or by phone call. I have no interest in the least about why George didn't call o'Reilly. The entire interview, my only thought was, who cares about this?  This is a personal matter between two specific people. Nothing more than that.

It was like watching a hysterical wife yelling at her husband for not calling to say he would be late for dinner.

Will, wrote a review critical of Bill's book and Bill O'Reilly totally lost his mind over it.

He, as we found out is as fragile and thin skinned as those that he criticizes.

Changed view of Bill O'Reilly, especially in terms of class and decorum.

One sure way to get on, or mentioned on, the "O'Reilly Factor" is to mention O'Reilly in connection with ANY subject. He's the most thin skinned guy this side of Barry. And to throw weed killer on the cottage industry of his books is guaranteed to make Vesuvius in 79 A.D seem like a lark fart.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee