Author Topic: Carson Fabricated West Point Story  (Read 9927 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Carson Fabricated West Point Story
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2015, 01:02:35 am »
Media Double Standard: Ben Carson Is a Liar But Barack Obama Isn’t a Kenyan

Jim Hoft Nov 6th, 2015 6:49 pm 106 Comments

How’s this for a media double standard?

Barack Obama was either born in Kenya or he lied about it for years.
Breitbart.com published a 1991 booklet by Barack Obama’s literary agent today that says Obama was “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”

Here’s a screengrab from the booklet:

The liberal media later blamed the publisher, not Obama for giving the publisher the information.

But that same liberal media is calling neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson a liar for his stories of struggling as a child in inner city Detroit.
What a bunch of hypocritical trash!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/media-double-standard-ben-carson-is-a-liar-but-barack-obama-isnt-a-kenyan/

Yes the media displayed gross double standards in this case.  However, looking at the bigger picture and as I have stated many times before, we really know nothing about Ben Carson other than he is a neurosurgeon and he's written a few books.  That's it.  Other than that we have to go by what he tells us.  So ... who exactly is his voting base?  With absolutely no qualifications to be president, and having to assume everything he says is true,  how is he polling so high?  I for one am very skeptical.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2015, 06:09:49 am »
There is no way he can mask his body language or his tone sufficiently to experience a rebound.  Won't happen.

Look who knows so much.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbE8E1ez97M

Lando, you are a smart guy, a patient guy, and a man not prone to flights of fancy. Please, remember where we stood 4 years ago.

McCain was dead around this point in 2007.  So much so that border patriot Tom Tancredo dropped out and declared victory.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-12-19-tancredo_N.htm
"When I feared that the issue would not be championed by any of the top candidates I threw my hat in the ring," Tancredo said in a statement on his website. "It was the only way I could be certain that the candidates would be forced to take a stand."

"Just last week Newsweek declared that 'anti-immigrant zealot (that would be me) had already won. Now even Dems dance to his no mas salsa tune,' " Tancredo's statement said.

As we recall President Obama was cow towed into solving illegal immigration and Congressman Tancredo was vindicated.

Oh wait...that did not happen...maybe it will happen this time.  I could be wrong.  I thought Trump would self destruct by now.

I look to the past to perceive the future.  The issues that played out in 2007 were vastly different when the economy tanked in the summer of 2008.   I agree Jeb Bush looks like he is on life support, but so did McCain at this point.

You and I both hope Jeb's campaign is dead.  I have resigned myself to the fact that he will be the nominee.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2015, 06:25:56 am »
yet GOP voters actually vote on principle and not because of the name.
I know, right.  Like they did for Romney in 2012, McCain in 2008, Bush in 2000, Dole in 1996, and Bush in 1992.  Devastating argument, Carling.  Principles motivate GOP primary voters to vote for principled men like McCain, Bush, and Dole.

very insightful.

If the sarcasism of this post is harshing your buzz, feel free to put me on ignore.  Political forums should be a safe place from dissenting opinion.  After all, you selflessly put your opinion out there...why should you have to listen to others criticize it?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2015, 02:17:08 pm »
However, looking at the bigger picture and as I have stated many times before, we really know nothing about Ben Carson other than he is a neurosurgeon and he's written a few books. 

One weird thing I've noticed about him is how he holds his hands high and folded when he walks.

It's like he is constantly emphasizing his hands... as though 'Gifted Hands' are all that is needed...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2015, 02:38:36 pm »
One weird thing I've noticed about him is how he holds his hands high and folded when he walks.

It's like he is constantly emphasizing his hands... as though 'Gifted Hands' are all that is needed...

Odd, I noticed that recently with another doctor (my wife's uncle) and started seeing it with other doctors too, specifically surgeons.  I may have to ask one but I think it is just habit from holding them up for hours on end every day in surgery. (you see many photos of surgeons in the OR, they aren't holding their hands down at their side like other people but always up, like they need to be aware of where they are at all time).  Carson compared to some other surgeon portraits. (nothing is 100% but it seems to be more common of a pose among surgeons than anyone else I can find)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:39:44 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2015, 03:47:08 pm »

Lots of Surgeons do that. Habit from having to make sure they do not accidentally contaminated their hands after scrubbing

Online libertybele

« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2015, 03:59:22 pm »
As for Carson's mannerisms, the way he speaks, the tic that he seems to have, the way he carries himself ,etc. don't bother me in the least.  What bothers me is he has NO qualifications to be president.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2015, 05:22:04 pm »
As for Carson's mannerisms, the way he speaks, the tic that he seems to have, the way he carries himself ,etc. don't bother me in the least.  What bothers me is he has NO qualifications to be president. 

:thumbsup3:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2015, 06:06:31 pm »

"Highly qualified" experienced politicians have been in charge of things in Washington for several generations and we are $19 trillion in debt, with a shrinking middle class, $65 trillion in unfunded liabilities, and existentially threatened by several entities around the world.

I think it is time we at least considered a citizen president, and citizen politicians, for all of the reasons enumerated by the founders.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »
"Highly qualified" experienced politicians have been in charge of things in Washington for several generations and we are $19 trillion in debt, with a shrinking middle class, $65 trillion in unfunded liabilities, and existentially threatened by several entities around the world.

I think it is time we at least considered a citizen president, and citizen politicians, for all of the reasons enumerated by the founders.

I absolutely concur. 

Time will tell if Carson is the right citizen president, but after the mess that 'real' politicians have made of things, it IS time to consider another option.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2015, 07:25:30 pm »

I am not saying not to consider a "citizen" as president; we have a couple who I feel are better qualified than Carson.  This country has way too much at stake to just arbitrarily elect someone strictly based on what he states and assume it to be true.  Yes, "highly qualified" experienced politicians have been in charge of things and shame on us for not reviewing their voting records and voting them out instead of keeping them in because of what they promised or keep telling us or simply because of party affiliation.  We have "career" politicians who are nothing but corrupt such as Bush, Reid, Pelosi, McConnell, McCain, and Clinton just to name a few and then we have elected officials in Congress who are actually doing their jobs and listening to their constituents.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2015, 08:01:39 pm »

Good points. Too many of this year's crop are ambitious lifelong politicians, period. Cruz, Rubio, Santorum and others, for example. Outside their political aspirations, they have nothing to point to for lifetime interests, accomplishments, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2015, 09:45:47 pm »
Good points. Too many of this year's crop are ambitious lifelong politicians, period. Cruz, Rubio, Santorum and others, for example. Outside their political aspirations, they have nothing to point to for lifetime interests, accomplishments, etc.

Cruz is a "lifelong politician"?  Since when?

Offline Carling

« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2015, 09:59:46 pm »
I know, right.  Like they did for Romney in 2012, McCain in 2008, Bush in 2000, Dole in 1996, and Bush in 1992.  Devastating argument, Carling.  Principles motivate GOP primary voters to vote for principled men like McCain, Bush, and Dole.

very insightful.

If the sarcasism of this post is harshing your buzz, feel free to put me on ignore.  Political forums should be a safe place from dissenting opinion.  After all, you selflessly put your opinion out there...why should you have to listen to others criticize it?

Setting aside your unnecessary and childish words, I'll clarify my post.

I was talking about the current climate within the GOP voting base as opposed to how who the Dems are supporting.  I'm sure you've noticed this, but Jeb Bush is languishing in the single digits for GOP voters, while HRC is a shoe-in for the Dem nomination.  Two complete outsiders have nearly 50% of the GOP vote at this point, and Jeb is firing people.

The odd part is watching people like you still think this is 2000, or 2004 (which we darn near lost, and did lose the popular vote), 2008 (loser establishment candidate) or 2012 (loser establishment candidate), when many GOP voters, including myself, still believed that the GOP would do as they promised.  Instead, we get MConnell and Boehner allowing Obama to run right over them, and myself, along with millions of other GOP voters, are sick and tired of it.  You are seeing this frustration in every national GOP poll.

I have no idea who I support right now, but I do know who I don't support, and his last name is Bush.  That said, if by some miracle he wins the nomination, I will support and campaign for him simply to keep a psychopath out of the White House.

Times have changed within the GOP, and it's as if some of you are either denying reality, or are so upset by it that you resort to snark and sarcasm without asking me to clarify my post and engage in conversation.

Have a great day!   :beer:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:07:52 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online libertybele

« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2015, 10:07:07 pm »

For someone who has a forum name of "truth seeker", nothing could be further from the truth.  Cruz lifetime interest has always been the Constitution (which he memorized the provisions of) and his accomplishments are many.  It's really quite  easy to research someone like Cruz these days and I would encourage you to read his book "A Time For Truth".  You don't have to buy it, it's available at the local library.  Do some research, listen to his speeches, check out what he says vs. what he's done or how he's voted, read his book and then try to tell me that he doesn't have any lifetime interests or accomplishments.

There are qualities I like about Rubio and I voted for him but I have been very disappointed in how he has voted.

I was a supporter of Santorum's in the last election election and was disappointed when he didn't get the nomination.  I often have wondered if he would have found out earlier then he did that he actually won the Iowa caucus in 2012 if he would have continued on.

Cruz and Rubio are relatively young and Santorum hasn't turned 60 yet -- much more than I can say for the DEMS.

Certainly Trump, Fiorina or Carson aren't lifelong politicians.  Trump is a lifelong businessman, Fiorina is an ex-CEO and Carson is a retired neurosurgeon.  If either of them get the nomination, I'll gladly pull the lever for them.  I don't see Carson being able to beat Hillary at her game and Trump is a maybe.  Fiorina out of the three I think stands the best chance against her. 

You mentioned Cruz, Rubio and Santorum.  I am confident that any of the three could beat Hillary.

« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2015, 06:51:02 am »
Setting aside your unnecessary and childish words, I'll clarify my post.

I was talking about the current climate within the GOP voting base as opposed to how who the Dems are supporting. 
yet GOP voters actually vote on principle and not because of the name.

I am skeptical of the anti-establishment movement, because I have heard grumbling about the Establishment for many years, but I have yet to see any anti-establishment candidates win election with the exception of Congressman Dave Brat.  In 2014 all the establishment Senators won re-election.  You're looking at media polls and drawing the conclusion that Trump or Carson will win the primaries.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I apologize for the unnecessary and childish words.

« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2015, 01:28:14 pm »

Would that "citizen president" need to exhibit an understanding of and an ability to engage the international community both in the arena of existential threats and the global economy?  Do we or do we not need to repair and rebuild both after Obama?   If so, in today's world, is another novice the best idea? 

If we are hoping to control and reverse the debt, that will need to come from our Congress.  And it is there where "citizen politicians" play a key role.  But they won't see the light of day or have a meaningful voice until we seriously debate term limits.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2015, 02:19:04 pm »
Would that "citizen president" need to exhibit an understanding of and an ability to engage the international community both in the arena of existential threats and the global economy?  Do we or do we not need to repair and rebuild both after Obama?   If so, in today's world, is another novice the best idea? 

All very good questions.  Maybe we should ponder them a bit before we reject Ben Carson out of hand.

We have reason to believe the "smartest guys in the room" career foreign policy experts at CIA and elsewhere around the world fed ISIS, thinking they could manipulate the jihadis to take on Syria and Iran.  Before that Rumsfeld, Cheney and others with impeccable foreign policy credentials  spent $3 trillion to set up a client state for Iran.  Could a citizen president do worse?

Maybe we need someone in the oval office who will ask the simple questions that an average taxpayer would ask.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:19:55 pm by massadvj »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2015, 02:31:30 pm »
I am skeptical of the anti-establishment movement, because I have heard grumbling about the Establishment for many years, but I have yet to see any anti-establishment candidates win election with the exception of Congressman Dave Brat.  In 2014 all the establishment Senators won re-election.  You're looking at media polls and drawing the conclusion that Trump or Carson will win the primaries.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I apologize for the unnecessary and childish words.

Well, actually, Onceler, Cruz was an outsider candidate when he ran for Senate, and against all odds he won.

Online libertybele

« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2015, 02:43:11 pm »
All very good questions.  Maybe we should ponder them a bit before we reject Ben Carson out of hand.

We have reason to believe the "smartest guys in the room" career foreign policy experts at CIA and elsewhere around the world fed ISIS, thinking they could manipulate the jihadis to take on Syria and Iran.  Before that Rumsfeld, Cheney and others with impeccable foreign policy credentials  spent $3 trillion to set up a client state for Iran.  Could a citizen president do worse?

Maybe we need someone in the oval office who will ask the simple questions that an average taxpayer would ask.

All very valid points.  At this stage of the game, with the mass corruption in our government and with what his happening around the globe I feel there is too much at stake and perhaps we don't have time to hope and see that Carson has the capabilities to be president. Would Carson be able to withstand the corruption that already exists in government?  What would Carson as president do under pressure from Putin, ISIS, China, N. Korea, etc?? What about the economy?  What about Obamacare?  What about the 2nd Amendment (which he has waivered on).  I just don't see his extreme lack of experience as a good thing at this point in time in our country.

« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2015, 03:49:53 pm »

While I would appreciate a better sense of what Carson would do on the global defense and economic stages, right now I'm simply looking for him to demonstrate he has the wherewithal to maneuver through the minefields he will find both nationally (Congress) and internationally.  I have not seen that talent.  I have seen the opposite from him.

Yes.  And I can't help but wonder why you're trying so hard to shore up a blank slate with zero international experience.    :pondering:

This is important.  And, that's why every four years politicians do it.   ^-^

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2015, 03:55:23 pm »
"Lack of Experience"

Hmm so we should expect people who have partaken in the DC machine to go to DC an clear it out?

No, the DC Machine is going to need to be utterly shocked out of its complacent smugness and defiant arrogant corrupt incompetence. It is going to take an electoral earthquake to accomplish anything real in DC. Look, even NOW they are business telling us only "one of them" can win. That no outsider can possibly win.

Real change in DC will require a significant electoral victory by an outsider candidate. Your average politician's goal is to find a parade and put themselves at the front of it. We saw that with the Tea Party. Once they proved they could win GOP politicians fell all over themselves to go to their events.

Voters have to speak LOUDLY in 2016 or they can expect to see more of the corrupt same from the DC Media/Political/Business machine. It is going to take a leader with backbone and integrity who is willing to fight the Establishment.

Trump, Carson and to an extent, Cruz are the only possibility of change. Everyone else is just another business as usual drone of the DC Machine.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2015, 04:00:41 pm »
While I would appreciate a better sense of what Carson would do on the global defense and economic stages, right now I'm simply looking for him to demonstrate he has the wherewithal to maneuver through the minefields he will find both nationally (Congress) and internationally.  I have not seen that talent.  I have seen the opposite from him.

Yes.  And I can't help but wonder why you're trying so hard to shore up a blank slate with zero international experience.    :pondering:

This is important.  And, that's why every four years politicians do it.   ^-^

I curious why you think "global experience" is more important then value, integrity and a backbone? Curious why you think any President is not going to be surrounded by some of the best experts in the world to advise him on global issues?

Who is going to listen to the experts? The Politicians with his campaign agenda and his stated policy positions or a leader use to building effective management teams to handle the minutia he cannot?

Based on our experience for the last 30 years, your "professional politicians" listen to their political advisers, not the issue experts, when making these "global decisions". Their every decision si made NOT on what is best, but on what is the BEST political decision.

You seem to think we need to send a Manager to DC. No we been sending managers to DD for the last 30 years. it time we send a LEADER to DC. Someone who will say "this, this and this is utter nonsense. We not doing it anymore"

Offline aligncare

« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2015, 04:03:52 pm »

Real change in DC ...

Trump, Carson and to an extent, Cruz are the only possibility of change. Everyone else is just another business as usual drone of the DC Machine.

Of those three, I'm beginning to pin my hopes on Cruz and Trump, maybe on the same ticket. It's early, but I think it's beginning to take shape.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2015, 04:24:02 pm »
Where I want Cruz is the next Supreme Court Justice. Man with his rleative youth, intellect and backbone can be counted on to relentlessly defend the Constitution for decades to come.