Author Topic: Carson Fabricated West Point Story  (Read 9836 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Carson Fabricated West Point Story
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2015, 10:11:18 pm »
We'll have to agree to disagree on this Bigun.  The View has gone after Carly -CNN has gone after Trump - this is not race-based.  It's PARTY based. 

I've heard so many on the left say that our antagonism against Obama is simply because he is a black man in the White House.  It's ridiculous when we say it too. 

Carson can stop this by saying he was mistaken, but I heard him on Hannity and he doubled down that Politico was lying.  If what he say is true, I expect him to file a lawsuit against them - but I'd bet that doesn't happen.  I just don't think he has the political instincts to beat them at their own game. 

Nice guy though.

I didn't get to hear him on Hannity; but if he has publicly stated that Politico is lying I will take him at his word and I admit I was wrong.  As for this being racist, I tend to agree with you.  They've gone after Trump and Carly.  They both have effectively fired back, I thought Carly did very well on her interview with the View and she got some great exposure.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:11:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2015, 10:16:49 pm »
I didn't get to hear him on Hannity; but if he has publicly stated that Politico is lying I will take him at his word and I admit I was wrong.  As for this being racist, I tend to agree with you.  They've gone after Trump and Carly.  They both have effectively fired back, I thought Carly did very well on her interview with the View and she got some great exposure.

It is RACIST in it's entirity whether or not you or anyone else can see it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2015, 10:17:56 pm »
Well, well, well............ Political has apparently backed off their LIE about Ben Carson.

Too late, of course, but perhaps the fact that the media has tried to smear him with a complete falsehood will actually end up helping him with voters who care about TRUTH.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2015, 10:19:01 pm »
It is RACIST in it's entirity whether or not you or anyone else can see it.

Absolutely!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2015, 10:20:37 pm »
Well, well, well............ Political has apparently backed off their LIE about Ben Carson.

Too late, of course, but perhaps the fact that the media has tried to smear him with a complete falsehood will actually end up helping him with voters who care about TRUTH.

Politico Changes Headline On Carson Story, Pretends It Didn’t

Politico has already begun to backtrack its explosive story accusing Ben Carson of lying about an acceptance to West Point, deleting its claim that Carson had confessed to “fabricating” his admission.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/06/politico-changes-headline-on-carson-story-pretends-it-didnt/?print=1

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2015, 10:26:53 pm »

They WILL try again! They HAVE to get it done!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2015, 10:27:58 pm »

Politico has already begun to backtrack its explosive story accusing Ben Carson of lying about an acceptance to West Point, deleting its claim that Carson had confessed to “fabricating” his admission.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/06/politico-changes-headline-on-carson-story-pretends-it-didnt/?print=1

Thank heavens for the DailyCaller.

(My fingers automatically type "political" when I mean to type "Politico"...... sorry about that!)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:47:43 pm by musiclady »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2015, 11:11:55 pm »
I'm a bit more interested in the report in the WSJ that Ben Carson Backs White House's TPP Trade Deal.

I'd like to see more information on this.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2015, 11:15:17 pm »
I'm glad to hear they've backed down from the fabrication statement, I never believed he lied.  I'm glad to see him fighting them back on it.  Still don't want to see him as the nominee, but I don't want it to be because of a lie. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2015, 11:16:56 pm »
I'm a bit more interested in the report in the WSJ that Ben Carson Backs White House's TPP Trade Deal.

There are much more important things to discuss than that!  /s

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2015, 11:17:35 pm »

If only this campaign was about the issues!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2015, 11:55:07 pm »

When it first published its story Friday morning, the Virginia-based blog aggressively declared that Carson had admitted to telling a big lie about his past....

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/06/politico-changes-headline-on-carson-story-pretends-it-didnt/#ixzz3ql6ccOjj

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2015, 12:05:21 am »
If only this campaign was about the issues!
Let see

Cruz: Votes for fast tracking TPP. Now says he is against it.

Carson: I was against TPP but now that we see the final product, there are things in here we can work with.

Trump: Our trade deals are a disaster, wait until I am President and I will negotiate real good trade deals.

That about sums it all up

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2015, 12:07:36 am »

I will say I am glad ALL our candidates, except Kaisch, are fighting back against the Media. Kaisch things they are doing a "great job"

Online libertybele

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2015, 12:54:20 am »
Let see

Cruz: Votes for fast tracking TPP. Now says he is against it.

Carson: I was against TPP but now that we see the final product, there are things in here we can work with.

Trump: Our trade deals are a disaster, wait until I am President and I will negotiate real good trade deals.

That about sums it all up

You are forgetting the fact that Cruz voted based on the lie(s) that McConnell told him and in fact he addressed the Senate on the issue of McConnell's lies.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2015, 12:57:21 am »
You are forgetting the fact that Cruz voted based on the lie(s) that McConnell told him and in fact he addressed the Senate on the issue of McConnell's lies.

One thing we know about Ted Cruz is that he's never wrong.  Even when he's wrong, he's never wrong and he'll blame somebody else for his mistakes.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2015, 01:01:52 am »
One thing we know about Ted Cruz is that he's never wrong.  Even when he's wrong, he's never wrong and he'll blame somebody else for his mistakes.

No, I don't know that of Cruz, nor do I know of him blaming someone else.  You are entitled to your opinion of course, but Mitch McConnell would be the last person I'd side with. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2015, 01:05:10 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2015, 01:05:45 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rush-limbaugh-politico-article-ben-carson/2015/11/06/id/701002/
Rush Limbaugh: Politico's Carson West Point Story an 'Electronic Lynching'
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2015, 02:20:47 am »
I can live with Rubio as nominee easier than Carson - but I fear that Rubio has some skeletons in his closet, perhaps financial - that the establishment will help to make "go away" in exchange for him doing their bidding. 

Not only does the Establishment offer extremely competitive rates for closet skeleton removal, but we also currently offer the highest yield for your immortal soul, as well as 2 for the price of 1 legislative co-sponsors, and full dental.  plus the Establishment day care center has a 30 ft bouncy castle.

If you are a representative interested in selling out your constituents, just say "Priebus" three times into a mirror, and an Establishment representative will arrive in seconds. :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2015, 02:24:02 am »
No, I don't know that of Cruz, nor do I know of him blaming someone else.  You are entitled to your opinion of course, but Mitch McConnell would be the last person I'd side with.

No. Ted Cruz is the last person I'd side with.  He called McConnell a liar (in those words).  He blamed his fellow Senators for the 2013 shutdown which HE authored!!! 

No wonder he has few friends in the Senate.  He can't work with other people.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2015, 02:28:11 am »
No. Ted Cruz is the last person I'd side with.  He called McConnell a liar (in those words).  He blamed his fellow Senators for the 2013 shutdown which HE authored!!! 

No wonder he has few friends in the Senate.  He can't work with other people.

McConnell is a liar, apparently you like McConnell...I now see the bigger picture here.  You are entitled to your opinion.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2015, 02:36:42 am »
I wasn't a big Ben supporter before this.  Now, I may be.
Same here.  Isn't it funny how the drive-by-media is clueless to what motivates Republicans and conservatives?  NPR was still perplexed this morning as to why the GOP is angry about the CNBC debate.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2015, 02:40:28 am »
Not only does the Establishment offer extremely competitive rates for closet skeleton removal, but we also currently offer the highest yield for your immortal soul, as well as 2 for the price of 1 legislative co-sponsors, and full dental.  plus the Establishment day care center has a 30 ft bouncy castle.

If you are a representative interested in selling out your constituents, just say "Priebus" three times into a mirror, and an Establishment representative will arrive in seconds. :smokin:

Exactly as I thought!   888blackhat

(Didn't know about the bouncy castle though.)

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2015, 02:51:11 am »
Dr. Carson held his own nicely in the presser. I watched 20 minutes, and it impressed me.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln