Author Topic: Paul Ryan: 'I Don't Think Planned Parenthood Should Get One Red Cent From the Taxpayer'  (Read 788 times)

rangerrebew

Paul Ryan: 'I Don't Think Planned Parenthood Should Get One Red Cent From the Taxpayer'

(CNSNews.com) - "We are moving on Planned Parenthood on multiple fronts," House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) told a news conference on Wednesday. But he refused to "pre-determine the outcome" of negotiations on the omnibus appropriations bill that must pass by the time Congress adjourns in December.

A reporter asked Ryan, "How realistic do you think it is that Planned Parenthood could be defunded in the omnibus, and will you make any kind of commitment that the goverenment won't shut it down?"

"I'm not going to pre-determine the outcome of negotiations that have not even taken place yet," Ryan responded.

"I don't think Planned Parenthood should get one red cent from the taxpayer. That's been my position for a long time, even before I saw these gruesome vidoes. That's point number one.

"Point number two -- we also have a reconciliation process under way, and we have defunded Planned Parenthood through the reconciliation process, which is our best chance and opportunity of actually getting a bill on the president's desk.

"So we are moving on Planned Parenthood on multiple fronts -- not to mention the fact that we have a select committee, through the Commerce Committee, that is being assembled to look into these issues."

Reconciliation allows for fast-track consideration of legislation affecting mandatory or direct spending programs, and only a simple majority is required to pass such bills in the Senate.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/speaker-ryan-we-are-moving-planned-parenthood-multiple-fronts

Offline GourmetDan

Not too long ago...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline MBB1984

Yes, I am anxiously waiting the lighting speed that Ryan will move on defunding Planned Parenthood.  OJ Simpson will catch the "real killer" first.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yes, I am anxiously waiting the lighting speed that Ryan will move on defunding Planned Parenthood.  OJ Simpson will catch the "real killer" first.
I have the previous 2 posters on ignore, because I have found that they have nothing of substance to offer me intellectually.  That is not going to hurt their feelings, I am sure.

I frequently disagree with your sporadic posts, but I've honestly seen enough to know you have a depth of intellect worth considering your view point.  So I ask, sincerely, why do you find it necessary to beat on the Speaker for saying the right stuff in his first week?

It is a question I don't need answered, but I'd urge you to ask it of yourself.

It is not shocking that I am the only one, so far, saying God Bless Paul Ryan.  Abortion is a tragedy and I credit Speaker Ryan for being outspoken on the issue when he represents a moderate district.

Offline GourmetDan

I have the previous 2 posters on ignore, because I have found that they have nothing of substance to offer me intellectually.

Consider, if you will... an intellect whose 'substantive' contribution to the board consists of identifying posters it has placed on ignore...

Then try to imagine what you could offer such an intellect... and you will find... that you have crossed over into...

The Twilight Zone...                 :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan