Author Topic: Carson: 'Close Family Member' He Tried to Stab Doesn't Want to Go Public  (Read 964 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben-carson-stabbed-family-member/2015/11/05/id/700839/
GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson revealed Thursday that the "friend" he tried to stab when he was 14 was actually a close relative, and he said that person does not want to reveal himself.

CNN spent most of Thursday playing segments of a report that found eight of Carson's childhood friends who said they never knew him to have bouts of anger as he has described. Only one said he had a vague memory of the story of the attempted stabbing, but thought it was just a story.

"Those claims are absolutely true," Carson said Thursday night of Fox News Channel's "The Kelly File." "This is simply an attempt to smear and to deflect the argument to something else."

Carson said he won't reveal the identities of any of the people he said he attacked before praying about his anger issues and leaving them behind.

"The person that I tried to stab, you know, I talked to today said would they want to be revealed? They were not anxious to be revealed," he said. "None of those people decided that they wanted to do this. And the media is ruthless. So I would say to the people of America, do you think I'm a pathological liar like CNN does, or do you think I'm an honest person?

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

The Carson story is either a total fabrication or, if true, even worse-trying to hit mother over the head with a hammer or stabbing friend!
jimgeraghty ‏@jimgeraghty 2h2 hours ago

Awaiting the attack ad targeting Carson: "Doesn't America deserve a president who we're absolutely certain stabbed someone?"
John Podhoretz ‏@jpodhoretz 3h3 hours ago Manhattan, NY

Trump: "How can you trust a guy who didn't stab someone?" Carson: "Did too!" Space aliens: "Yeah, let's find another planet to attack."

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: Carson: 'Close Family Member' He Tried to Stab Doesn't Want to Go Public
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 06:51:08 am »
What?  We need a service dog to navigate the post

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 07:16:53 am »
What?  We need a service dog to navigate the post

Sorry.  The story is all over the place and twitter is exploding on it.  I assumed others had already seen much of the hubbub.  Carson tells stories in his autobiography and several speeches about his troubled youth.  He says he tried to stab a friend and hit his mom on the head with a hammer among other violent acts.  CNN ( http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/politics/ben-carson-2016-childhood-violence/ ) says it is a made up story.  Trump says it is a made up story.

Carson was on the Kelly File today and says he won't reveal the names of the victims of his aggression.

you are now up to speed.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 12:49:24 pm »
I'm sure there is more to Carson and why I am skeptical of him.  However, how many youths have had troubled pasts and have overcome their obstacles and become decent people. 

If it is found that he actually did make up this story, it proves that he is not trustworthy.  If the story is true it makes the "Donald" look like an idiot.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.