Author Topic: Donald Trump reaches new level of absurdity on media criticism  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Longiron

Re: Donald Trump reaches new level of absurdity on media criticism
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2015, 03:48:30 pm »
I've explained multiple times that I have not yet decided on a candidate.  (I never have this early in the Primary..... not in the 50 years I've been engaged in politics).

I'm looking at everyone and making an objective decision.

I'm not emotionally invested in anyone like you are.  That's perhaps why I see things more clearly.

I'm not in love.   ^-^

BUT you do luv to complain that TRUMP is not the candidate. You have a favorite but not the courage to support anyone, bitching seems to be your only vent. If you support someone that requires an opinion that can be discussed BUT bitching for no reason is more fun? Keep knocking yourself out? :whistle:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2015, 03:50:16 pm »
Cruz would make a great president. IMO so would TRUMP and can live with Carson. Congrats to you at least you have a pair to support a candidate even though you don't like TRUMP. Most on here that don't like TRUMP  just BASH and never take a stand on who they support or what their person would do different than TRUMP. He is a Big Mouth, Crony capitalist, Complains about the media, Whiner if does not get his way. You know all the important stuff.  :patriot:

Unlike some here I try to confine my Trump bashing to TRUMP threads but bash him I do and for, If I dare say it myself, VERY good reasons!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2015, 03:56:02 pm »
The Primary is a time to give serious thought to candidates and weigh their pros and cons, son.

Not having latched on to one of them and mindlessly bash everyone who doesn't love him like you do, isn't a negative.

It's a sign of THOUGHT.

(How about that 'important stuff' like Trump is a Democrat??  No biggie, eh?)

Only thought you give is complaining about TRUMP and bitching of why he would be a bad candidate. See you are safe from and debate if you choose not to support anyone just complain. TRUMP is not a Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian or any other label. He is an AMERICAN and has touched a nerve with all the above and that is why he will be the next POTUS. Being NOT owned by anyone is appealing to most people but I do not expect you to understand that little issue. However, you might want to give that some thought? :patriot:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2015, 04:05:23 pm »
I have no "chosen" candidate as yet.  My sense about Trump is if he makes a disastrous gaffe, he will try to take as many other candidates with him as possible.  It is just in his wiring.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:05:53 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2015, 04:10:03 pm »
Only thought you give is complaining about TRUMP and bitching of why he would be a bad candidate. See you are safe from and debate if you choose not to support anyone just complain. TRUMP is not a Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian or any other label. He is an AMERICAN and has touched a nerve with all the above and that is why he will be the next POTUS. Being NOT owned by anyone is appealing to most people but I do not expect you to understand that little issue. However, you might want to give that some thought? :patriot:

Is that why he only has the support of a quarter of the Republican primary voters and the highest negatives?  Because he's such a principled American?

Once again, you are using your Trump-crazed imagination to pretend you know what thoughts I've given to Trump.

You are hopelessly in love (you don't even understand that the "rump" in Trump is not capitalized), and that's not an intelligent place to be in the primary season.

btw, I have agreed with a handful of things Trump has said, but he is absolutely at the bottom of the list for me, because he is not only a Democrat, but a Progressive Democrat.

I vote for Conservatives.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2015, 04:10:15 pm »
Unlike some here I try to confine my Trump bashing to TRUMP threads but bash him I do and for, If I dare say it myself, VERY good reasons!

Agreed.  And an effort is made to make it a discussion rather than a poke in the eye.  The emotional investment on both sides of Trump is very, very high.  Me?  I think he is a dangerous candidate because of his disruption potential.  If his campaign goes into a tailspin, he won't go quietly.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2015, 04:12:34 pm »
BUT you do luv to complain that TRUMP is not the candidate. You have a favorite but not the courage to support anyone, bitching seems to be your only vent. If you support someone that requires an opinion that can be discussed BUT bitching for no reason is more fun? Keep knocking yourself out? :whistle:

I've never said this to anyone on this forum, but are you off your meds?

What you're saying is absolutely nuts.  And the polar opposite of the truth.

But clearly, you don't care what the truth is.  It will ruin this little TOS game that you're playing here.

I left TOS because I hated behavior just like yours.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Longiron

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2015, 04:13:23 pm »
I have no "chosen" candidate as yet.  My sense about Trump is if he makes a disastrous gaffe, he will try to take as many other candidates with him as possible.  It is just in his wiring.

If TRUMP makes a disastrous gaffe whom would he hurt other than himself and how? Carson just made a deal killing gaffe with the support of the Trans Atlantic deal and will not effect anyone one but him unless someone else supports it?

Offline Longiron

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2015, 04:17:44 pm »
I've never said this to anyone on this forum, but are you off your meds?

What you're saying is absolutely nuts.  And the polar opposite of the truth.

But clearly, you don't care what the truth is.  It will ruin this little TOS game that you're playing here.

I left TOS because I hated behavior just like yours.

More name calling and bitching with no position other than you like to complain. Keep it safe ML and take no position on anything and as I indicated to you before "YOU cannot handle the TRUTH", Just complain about it!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2015, 04:23:15 pm »
More name calling and bitching with no position other than you like to complain. Keep it safe ML and take no position on anything and as I indicated to you before "YOU cannot handle the TRUTH", Just complain about it!

I really HATE to burst your bubble but saying that one likes 4 or 5 of the candidates still in the field and would rather wait and watch for a while before I have to settle on one IS taking a position.  Maybe not a position you like but a position never-the-less.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2015, 04:25:38 pm »

More name calling?? LOL!  You've been personally attacking me without cause for days because of your crush on Trump.

I'm just responding to your attacks with humor to get you to stop lying about me.

I guess it didn't work........ you'll apparently keep lying until your last breath.   It doesn't reflect well on your candidate, boy....

buh bye

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2015, 04:27:02 pm »
I really HATE to burst your bubble but saying that one likes 4 or 5 of the candidates still in the field and would rather wait and watch for a while before I have to settle on one IS taking a position.  Maybe not a position you like but a position never-the-less.

Oh, no, Bigun........ if I don't take HIS position, I'm just 'bitching.'

It's deja vu TOS.   **nononono*

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2015, 04:31:40 pm »

Trump will not be the next POTUS.  Hillary trounces him in every poll.  Hispanics and blacks despise him as do a huge number of women. 

Rubio's my guy so far.  He behaves like a grown up and refuses to engage in Trump-like antics.  Basic human decency is my bottom-line requirement in a presidential candidate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2015, 04:35:57 pm »
If TRUMP makes a disastrous gaffe whom would he hurt other than himself and how? Carson just made a deal killing gaffe with the support of the Trans Atlantic deal and will not effect anyone one but him unless someone else supports it?

How is supporting TPP a "deal killing gaffe"?  Most Republicans support it; only goofballs like Trump and Rand Paul have a problem with more free trade.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2015, 04:36:35 pm »
A "wait and see" or "let it develop" position is quite reasonable at this point in the cycle. I also reserve the right to like, dislike or change my mind regarding any candidate.  For any reason. I don't like Trump. I can change my mind.

Sorry for the "bitching".
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2015, 04:38:59 pm »
Trump will not be the next POTUS.  Hillary trounces him in every poll.  Hispanics and blacks despise him as do a huge number of women. 

Rubio's my guy so far.  He behaves like a grown up and refuses to engage in Trump-like antics.  Basic human decency is my bottom-line requirement in a presidential candidate.

Agreed.  All of it.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2015, 04:43:59 pm »
A "wait and see" or "let it develop" position is quite reasonable at this point in the cycle. I also reserve the right to like, dislike or change my mind regarding any candidate.  For any reason. I don't like Trump. I can change my mind.

Sorry for the "bitching".

A 'wait and see' position is probably the most rational at this point if one examines the history of primaries.  Being emotionally invested in only one candidate is probably not the wisest, though having made a choice as to a favorite at this point is also obviously fine.

The front runners at this point in an election cycle rarely even make it to the end, so no conclusions can be drawn by who is up front at this point in time.

The problem here is not that this fellow has selected (by emotion, or whatever) his candidate.  It's that he's trying to bludgeon those who disagree with him, and shame us with personal attacks.

It is neither civil nor honest.

I have 3 or 4 possible choices, and that has narrowed since summer based on policy positions and quality of campaigning.

One of the few candidates who has never been on my list is Trump, and that is because he exhibited early on not only characteristics that are unbecoming of the Leader of the Free World, but more importantly a past that is filled with Progressive positions that a conservative should never tolerate.

I'm not going to be beaten nor shamed into supporting a liberal.  I'm just not......

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2015, 04:47:29 pm »
A 'wait and see' position is probably the most rational at this point if one examines the history of primaries.  Being emotionally invested in only one candidate is probably not the wisest, though having made a choice as to a favorite at this point is also obviously fine.

The front runners at this point in an election cycle rarely even make it to the end, so no conclusions can be drawn by who is up front at this point in time.

The problem here is not that this fellow has selected (by emotion, or whatever) his candidate.  It's that he's trying to bludgeon those who disagree with him, and shame us with personal attacks.

It is neither civil nor honest.

I have 3 or 4 possible choices, and that has narrowed since summer based on policy positions and quality of campaigning.

One of the few candidates who has never been on my list is Trump, and that is because he exhibited early on not only characteristics that are unbecoming of the Leader of the Free World, but more importantly a past that is filled with Progressive positions that a conservative should never tolerate.

I'm not going to be beaten nor shamed into supporting a liberal.  I'm just not......

Hopefully there are enough out here like you! Donald Trump is a stalking horse for Hillary.  Nothing more or less than that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2015, 04:49:29 pm »
Hopefully there are enough out here like you! Donald Trump is a stalking horse for Hillary.  Nothing more or less than that!

I completely agree.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2015, 04:51:25 pm »
How is supporting TPP a "deal killing gaffe"?  Most Republicans support it; only goofballs like Trump and Rand Paul have a problem with more free trade.

My opinion is that Rand Paul doesn't support it because it's what he actually believes.  Trump is just pandering.

Offline Carling

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2015, 05:41:00 pm »
Thanks for confirming my thesis.  Trump is, essentially, a juvenile who is OBSESSED with how he is portrayed.  Who the hell else gets their panties in a wad over such nonsense?

You obviously think Trump-whining is a sign of maturity.  Like Obama, who is fixated on FOXNEWS and how he is covered there, Trump goes off on any reporter who doesn't kiss his ass.

Yes, the GOP candidates should sit back and be nice guys like McCain and Romney.

Check the transcript, Candy!
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »
I finally had to put musiclady on ignore.

She's making any Trump thread unreadable for me.  Hopefully once Trump drops out, she'll be back to herself, because I have no clue who the person posting is right now.  She's a different person.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2015, 06:01:23 pm »

She's making any Trump thread unreadable for me.  Hopefully once Trump drops out, she'll be back to herself, because I have no clue who the person posting is right now.  She's a different person.

I'm exactly the same person....... same common sense, same conservatism, same rational thought process.  Had Donald Trump run for the Republican nomination 10 or 20 years ago, I would have thought and said the same things about him.  I am now, and always have been 'myself.'

I'm sorry you've put me on ignore, Carling, but if you want to block out another perspective than your own, that's your choice.  Or is it that I've fought back against Longiron's personal attacks on me?  Who knows?

It's weird, but it's your choice.......

(And interesting that it is just me and not others with the same POV.  This whole situation is strange).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:22:03 pm by musiclady »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2015, 06:06:17 pm »

She's making any Trump thread unreadable for me. 

Hang in and please keep posting.  Otherwise she'll be posting to and arguing with herself, and that won't be pretty.  LOL!   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »
Hang in and please keep posting.  Otherwise she'll be posting to and arguing with herself, and that won't be pretty.  LOL!   :laugh:

Funny that my positions are in the majority here.  I don't lack for company in the common sense department.

In fact, I find my views in the company of some of the brightest and best here.