Author Topic: Donald Trump reaches new level of absurdity on media criticism  (Read 6518 times)

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: Donald Trump reaches new level of absurdity on media criticism
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 01:54:11 am »

/snicker

Boy are you off base.  None of us wants to suppress THE DONALD, we just want the rest of you to actually listen to him, actually think through the consequences of what he says, consider carefully what he's said in the past, and then draw conclusions.  What we get so tired of is the uncritical, unquestioning hero-worship from people like you.

Wow.  Not only can he draw pictures, he can now read our minds.
There must be a demand somewhere for such talent.  Myst--did you know Ocean is telepathic?  Treasure of treasures

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 01:55:02 am »
Wow.  Not only can he draw pictures, he can now read our minds.
There must be a demand somewhere for such talent.  Myst--did you know Ocean is telepathic?  Treasure of treasures

Wow.  Personal attacks.  Just to descend to your childish level:  you're a closed book to me - no mind to read.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 01:58:04 am »
So basically you have absolutely no idea what he would be able to accomplish.

Actually, yes. It is written here. Article 2
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 01:58:10 am »

/snicker

Boy are you off base.  None of us wants to suppress THE DONALD, we just want the rest of you to actually listen to him, actually think through the consequences of what he says, consider carefully what he's said in the past, and then draw conclusions.  What we get so tired of is the uncritical, unquestioning hero-worship from people like you.

I support Rubio, and I don't mind the criticisms..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 02:00:06 am »
More anti-Trump bilge.

First off any Republican, any, who doesn't pay attention as to how the members of the MSM are portraying him is not playing with a full deck. Trump does and complains mightily when he feels he's been slighted. That's about the only way to get even close to a fair shake from that quarter. Hillary has had rallies which were sparsely attended and the same MSM has hidden that fact. Trump had a well attended event and it was portrayed as just the opposite.

Look at this quote: "Cuomo was successful in exposing the top-tier Republican candidate as a desperate and petty man whose narcissism is only intensifying as the 2016 primary balloting approaches." You seriously think you are going to get anything near the truth out of this obvious hit piece?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Heck, I remember an event with Hillary (a parade or something) and she made the press stay "corralled" with a rope around them as they marched with her.  I saw a picture of it and they looked ridiculous!  But, nary a complaint from the press about that.  You are correct Paladin, any Republican candidate that lets them get away with treating them any differently deserves the crap coverage they're going to get. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 03:24:07 am »
ML, I do think in this case you should have qualified this "I'm not sure why anyone should be 'disappointed' with clear, logical thought and high standards..." with the word "usually" clear, etc.

The issue isn't Trump in any case. It's how the MSM misrepresents him or any Republican. And again the word "slighted" was MY word, not Trump's, so why bring it up again? Would you be happier if I had instead chosen different words like, "unfairly attacked", "misrepresented", or some such? Please bear in mind that in all cases it is MY choice of words you are arguing with, not Trump's.

I am not a Trump supporter but I admire the guy for his outspokenness whether it be on illegal immigration or media bias. At least he fights back. How I wish all Repubs would.

Of course we agree that the MSM is unfair to Republicans  (which Trump really isn't), but the one who is whining here is the guy who gets the most publicity from them.    Whining is immature behavior.  My point to you is that you were admitting that he was a whiner while you were defending him.

If  you want to admire someone for his outspokenness on media bias, go with Cruz.  He does it and still sounds like an adult.

The thing that you might be ignoring is that this is a PATTERN of behavior with Trump.  He is thin-skinned and unable to take any form of criticism.

I didn't think this about him before.  I had no preconception of him in that regard.  But I have OBSERVED his bad behavior repeatedly.

IOW, what I am saying here and now is both logical and clear. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 03:27:08 am »
Hey, guys, here's a new member for your club.

"Democrat says Trump can’t host SNL because she doesn’t think the first amendment applies to him anymore"

"Loretta Sanchez has been in Congress for almost 20 years and is a poster child for term limits, not because or careerist corruption, but because the American people shouldn’t be allowed to elect someone who is so stupid wield so much power ad infinitum.

She has her tyranny all in a bunch over Donald Trump hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend.

It’s hard to believe a member of the United States Congress did not said this even a liberal one…but she said it.

“I believe in free speech and the First Amendment, you’re correct from that standpoint,

And then she goes on to demostrate how stupid she thinks we all are…

except for you’re not allowed to go into an auditorium and yell, ‘Fire, fire, fire!’,” Representative Loretta Sanchez     (D., Calif) told CNN’s Brooke Baldwin. “And in the same way, I believe it’s up to SNL to understand that when they put Donald Trump in front of people and he says these type of derogatory comments, that has a direct relationship to what is happening out in everyday lives of Latinos.” -"

http://americanirony.us/democrat-says-trump-cant-host-snl-because-she-doesnt-think-the-first-amendment-applies-to-him-anymore/#sthash.bhIU0nJh.dpbs

What in heaven's name are you talking about??  You are including all of us in the same category as a leftist nutcase like Sanchez?

That's a really low blow, Paladin.   **nononono*
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:42:53 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Paladin

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 03:46:09 am »
How low are you going to go with the personal attacks before you quit?

I am quitting as of now. My first point was the MSM treatment of Republicans, my second the sometimes irrational animus of the anti-Trump choir on here. It has no connection with "personal attacks" on you or anyone else; but you interpret it quite differently, so there is no point in pursuing this.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 04:03:26 am »
I am quitting as of now. My first point was the MSM treatment of Republicans, my second the sometimes irrational animus of the anti-Trump choir on here. It has no connection with "personal attacks" on you or anyone else; but you interpret it quite differently, so there is no point in pursuing this.

So you won't defend why you compared rational people on this forum to a raving lunatic leftist, Sanchez?  Or why you said she belonged in our 'club?'

Please help me interpret what you said in any other way than an attack.

I'm seriously open to finding out what connection you think Sanchez has with anything that's been said on this forum by anyone.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 07:33:14 am »
You anti-Trump obsessives are obsessed.

Paladin, you are obsessed with anti-Trump obsessives.  Let us hate him in peace.  Seriously,  if we were "unfairly attacking" Kasich would you care at all?  I doubt it.  You defend Trump at each turn.  Why deny he's your guy?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 12:20:09 pm »
How true but the Trump haters on here are so blinded that their judgement is gone. Good luck but not going to change the thought process in regard to Trump. Notice they do not and will not compare their candidate to Trump in terms of policy, fixes or ideas. Guess they are happy with the country tha way it is.  :thud:

Well, for quite awhile I did see some good that Trump has brought to the GOP.  Those attributes are quickly diminishing.  There is a way to maturely and tactfully criticize others provided that those criticisms are substantiated with the facts and warranted.  Trump who is applying for the job of President of this country, especially since he is the frontrunner should be heavily critiqued.  His attack on other Republican candidates such as comments about their looks, etc., is very immature, and quite frankly inappropriate behavior of a president.  I think we should all want more and expect more.  After all, the next president we seat will either make or break this country.

I understand his dissatisfaction with a very biased MSM, but again, there is a way to tactfully put them in their place.  Trump is beginning to act like he's in a junior-high school yard with the role of bully.

As for his policies; I'm not sold on the fact that he will not act on his own.  With the behavior he continues to display, Trump will do what he wants and sidestep Congress just as our current Marxist is doing.  I'm not so sure that his policies are well though out and not just his opinion.

Again, our next president will either make or break this country.  We cannot afford to have a junior-high school bully in office.

You may peg me as a "Trump" hater, but I have given him for a very long time the benefit of the doubt.  I can no longer do that.   He is applying for the job of president and his resume isn't starting to stack up to some of the other candidates.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:21:44 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2015, 12:59:02 pm »
Pretty much where 'belle is. I don't hate Trump, he's not worth the effort.

However, if he were a kid of mine, he'd have been hauled into the woodshed several times by now - and behavior I don't tolerate from my kids is not something I'll excuse or condone in someone wanting to be CinC.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2015, 02:49:12 pm »

I know you said you were 'quitting,' but I'm still waiting to find out why you think it's OK to compare people on this forum who don't think Donald Trump has the maturity to be President to a raving leftist lunatic, and belong in the same 'club.'

Please explain how I have misinterpreted what you said about a large group of rational people on this forum, Paladin.

We've been told that we're not allowed to criticize people who like Trump.  Why do feel like you have the right to compare those of us who don't with a certifiable leftist nutcase?

btw, when I'm in a choir, it's to sing music.  I'm not in any "choir" here.  And I'm not even close to being irrational.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2015, 02:51:59 pm »

However, if he were a kid of mine, he'd have been hauled into the woodshed several times by now - and behavior I don't tolerate from my kids is not something I'll excuse or condone in someone wanting to be CinC.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2015, 03:00:10 pm »
A Republican candidate can't go wrong attacking the media.  The attacks excite the base and the candidate gets more free media coverage.  Brilliant move by Trump.

Offline Relic

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2015, 03:00:38 pm »
Trump is a man-boy, obsessed with "crowds" and "polls" and applause and who goes along with the bullshit he dishes out.

Adulation is for 20-something hotshots, not 70 year old billionaires.  He's got Obama's disease:  obsessive narcissism.

Trump's ego is Newt Gingrich's ego on steroids. I think Newt is more politically astute than Trump, but they both have the ability to defend themselves against the media, and they both are seriously flawed.

I enjoy what Trump is doing to the campaign, forcing the direction and attacking the media. But the show will grow old, and sadly, I agree, Trump seems to have a case of Obama-like narcissism.

The problem for me is, with the current cast of characters, I don't see one that I really like. I'm for anybody but Hillary, but I was for anybody but Obama, and you see where that got me.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2015, 09:44:45 pm »
With your own words, you have described a child.  Adults don't "complain mightily" when they "feel they've been slighted."

Why is pointing the childish petulance of Donald Trump "bilge"

Why doesn't it matter to you that you're supporting someone for the most important office in the world who hasn't yet grown up?

I just don't get where the attraction and knee-jerk defense of immaturity come from......   **nononono*

What does your candidate have to say or opine?

Offline Longiron

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2015, 09:46:18 pm »

What makes your candlidate worth it?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 09:57:14 pm »

What does your candidate have to say or opine?

I've explained multiple times that I have not yet decided on a candidate.  (I never have this early in the Primary..... not in the 50 years I've been engaged in politics).

I'm looking at everyone and making an objective decision.

I'm not emotionally invested in anyone like you are.  That's perhaps why I see things more clearly.

I'm not in love.   ^-^

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 10:00:56 pm »
What makes your candlidate worth it?

My candidate is Ted Cruz! I am personally aquainted with him and know what kind of man he is and that he has never once lied to me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 11:16:19 pm »
Trump's ego is Newt Gingrich's ego on steroids.

I've seen posts like this for weeks now.  I'm a little surprised that folks think anyone running for the office of the President of the United States doesn't have a sizable ego.

I've tried, but I'm just not seeing a problem with the size of Trump's ego.  I just don't get the fuss.  :shrug:

That's all.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2015, 11:28:19 pm »
I've seen posts like this for weeks now.  I'm a little surprised that folks think anyone running for the office of the President of the United States doesn't have a sizable ego.

I've tried, but I'm just not seeing a problem with the size of Trump's ego.  I just don't get the fuss.  :shrug:

That's all.

You likely don't think Obama, like Trump, is an obsessive narcissist either.  It's one thing to have an ego and quite another to wave it in our faces. 

Some people love that he's nasty to all his competition, but that doesn't go over with most voters.  His criticisms are petty and silly.  He exaggerates his accomplishments and his knowledge, but you probably love the swagger. 

I think he looks ridiculous in his goofy red cap and his constant referral to himself in all his speeches is so Obama-like.

At some point, I can only hope that his sycophants will come to their senses and stop sucking face with this charlatan.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2015, 12:38:27 am »
You likely don't think Obama, like Trump, is an obsessive narcissist either. 

Come on Sink.  Do you realize you're now arguing by throwing Jello on the wall and hoping something sticks?   

It's one thing to have an ego and quite another to wave it in our faces. 

So.. you don't mind his ego.  You're offended by his style.  Big whoop.

His criticisms are petty and silly.

So sue him for copyright infringement---you might feel better.

I think he looks ridiculous in his goofy red cap

Wow.  Trump is really living rent-free in your head.   :laugh:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2015, 03:42:29 pm »
My candidate is Ted Cruz! I am personally aquainted with him and know what kind of man he is and that he has never once lied to me.

Cruz would make a great president. IMO so would TRUMP and can live with Carson. Congrats to you at least you have a pair to support a candidate even though you don't like TRUMP. Most on here that don't like TRUMP  just BASH and never take a stand on who they support or what their person would do different than TRUMP. He is a Big Mouth, Crony capitalist, Complains about the media, Whiner if does not get his way. You know all the important stuff.  :patriot:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2015, 03:46:28 pm »
Cruz would make a great president. IMO so would TRUMP and can live with Carson. Congrats to you at least you have a pair to support a candidate even though you don't like TRUMP. Most on here that don't like TRUMP  just BASH and never take a stand on who they support or what their person would do different than TRUMP. He is a Big Mouth, Crony capitalist, Complains about the media, Whiner if does not get his way. You know all the important stuff.  :patriot:

The Primary is a time to give serious thought to candidates and weigh their pros and cons, son.

Not having latched on to one of them and mindlessly bash everyone who doesn't love him like you do, isn't a negative.

It's a sign of THOUGHT.

(How about that 'important stuff' like Trump is a Democrat??  No biggie, eh?)