Author Topic: Target closing 13 stores nationwide citing falling profits  (Read 677 times)

rangerrebew

Target closing 13 stores nationwide citing falling profits
« on: November 04, 2015, 03:45:28 pm »
Target closing 13 stores nationwide citing falling profits
Wed, Nov 4, 2015
0 Comments

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Target plans to close 13 stores nationwide, including one in New Ulm and two others in Milwaukee and Superior, Wisconsin.

The Minneapolis-based retailer says a decision to close a store usually follows several years of decreasing profitability. The retail giant plans to close the stores on Jan. 30, 2016.

Target was hurt by a massive credit-card breach before Christmas 2013 that sent shoppers temporarily fleeing. The company also botched a major expansion into Canada and pulled the plug on that earlier this year.

Layoffs in 2015 included 2,500 jobs, or about one-fifth of the workers in the company’s corporate offices in Minneapolis and Brooklyn Park.

http://www.srnnews.com/target-closing-13-stores-nationwide-citing-falling-profits/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:46:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Target closing 13 stores nationwide citing falling profits
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 03:46:26 pm »
They could close every single one and I wouldn't notice!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 03:47:27 pm »
You don't think, per chance, people stopped going to Target because of their unisex restroom policy, do you? :shrug:  I have.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 03:47:42 pm »
13 is not a lot of closings for a company their size. They have almost 2000 regular stores, 230 super stores, and 1500 pharmacies.