Author Topic: Rachel Dolezal finally admits she was born white  (Read 412 times)

rangerrebew

Rachel Dolezal finally admits she was born white
« on: November 03, 2015, 01:57:24 pm »

Rachel Dolezal finally admits she was born white

By Caitlyn Abber, Women's Health

November 2, 2015 | 6:35pm
Originally Published By:
Women's Health

You thought she had disappeared from the public sphere, but nope, Rachel Dolezal is still very much here.

The civil-rights activist, who shot to infamy earlier this year after she was caught on video denying the fact that she is a white person pretending to be a black person, made what turned out to be a noteworthy appearance on Fox’s The Real earlier today. All of the panelists—who included Tamar Braxton, Loni Love, Jeannie Mai, and Tamera Mowry Housley—asked Dolezal pointed questions about her experience with cultural appropriation, race, racism, and the criminal justice system.

When asked if she felt like she had deceived anyone, Dolezal replied that, no, she certainly didn’t. “Don’t we all have the right to be exactly who we are?” she asked the audience.

Later in the interview, she tried to push her cultural interpretation of race. “I think that sometimes how we feel is more powerful than how we’re born,” she said. “And blackness can be defined as philosophical, cultural, biological. You know, it’s a lot of different things to a lot of different people.”

During the interview, Dolezal also said that she was treated just as unfairly as black women and that police mark “black” on her traffic tickets.

However, after being told that her statements straight-up confuse people, Dolezal finally came through, saying, “I acknowledge that I was biologically born white to white parents.” In response, the audience got on their feet and started cheering. “But I identify as black,” Dolezal continued, at which point the audience quickly sat down, shaking their heads (okay, so that part isn’t on camera—but we’re guessing that’s exactly what happened).

http://nypost.com/2015/11/02/rachel-dolezal-finally-admits-she-was-born-white/
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:58:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Rachel Dolezal finally admits she was born white
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 01:59:12 pm »
So Racial Holdall isn't done with her 15 minutes of fame. Quelle surprise.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 02:03:49 pm »
So Racial Holdall isn't done with her 15 minutes of fame. Quelle surprise.

When you find something that's working for ya'.... The media loves man-bites-dog stories.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 02:04:28 pm »
Loni Love is a  funny and sassy black comedienne, and she wasn't buying what Rachel was selling:
“As Dick Gregory says, ‘White is not a race it’s a state of mind,’ and nothing about whiteness describes me,” Dolezal noted.

“Okay, let me tell you something,” Love says.” I’m black. I can’t be you. I can’t reverse myself. Let me tell you, Rachel, if the police stop me…you can throw that off and show that little light, nice, fine hair up under [Loni gesturing to her hair]. You might get away. I may not, I may not even make it in the jail. So it’s a difference.”
Video and more at The Grio
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org