Author Topic: Trump just issued MASSIVE THREAT to news media  (Read 8686 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump just issued MASSIVE THREAT to news media
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2016, 05:09:55 pm »
http://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fairness+doctrine

The Fairness Doctrine was a policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, that required the holders of broadcast licenses both to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the Commission's view—honest, equitable, and balanced.

Ever since the success of Conservative Talk Radio and FOXNEWS, the Dems and LEFT...but, I repeat myself...have been trying to have equal time...because they cannot compete in the free market.   Nobody gives a damn about Progressive ideas when they have to fill 3 hours of programming every day.

Bringing up the Fairness DOctrine is another deflection. It has nothing to do with Trump threatening to use the power of the federal government to intimidate the media.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2016, 05:11:34 pm »
Bringing up the Fairness DOctrine is another deflection. It has nothing to do with Trump threatening to use the power of the federal government to intimidate the media.

Only brought it up as an example of how Conservatives have dealt with overt attempts to silence or degrade/mock the opposition...recently.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2016, 05:12:45 pm »
Thank you for the kind words, Luis.   Have been a charter member of your FAN CLUB for years, too!

Not taking Trump seriously right now because I'm aware of his strategy now.  Right now, he's merely compiling voters from the populace.

He's also putting certain media figures on notice...better have facts to support your claims when they are peddled as news and not opinion.

So you admit he's lying to you and to his "poorly educated" voters.

He's counting on suckers for his votes.

It's not just facts Trump wants to target. It's opinions which oppose him.  Do you not see that as dangerous?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2016, 05:16:46 pm »
So you admit he's lying to you and to his "poorly educated" voters.

He's counting on suckers for his votes.

It's not just facts Trump wants to target. It's opinions which oppose him.  Do you not see that as dangerous?

I simply don't see where your 'fear' is justified.   

And based upon your posting history on all things "Trump"...I hope you can see why I don't share your POV here. 

All politicians lie.  You cannot be all things to all people.

Trump is merely treating the American voter like you and I would a 'light stick".

....snap it...shake it like hell until the light comes on!"   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2016, 05:18:28 pm »
I simply don't see where your 'fear' is justified.   

And based upon your posting history on all things "Trump"...I hope you can see why I don't share your POV here. 

All politicians lie.  You cannot be all things to all people.

Trump is merely treating the American voter like you and I would a 'light stick".

....snap it...shake it like hell until the light comes on!"   :laugh:

You have a very low opinion of the American voter.

So do I, more and more.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2016, 05:25:06 pm »
"Those who won our independence by revolution were not cowards. They did not fear political change. They did not exalt order at the cost of liberty. To courageous, self-reliant men, with confidence in the power of free and fearless reasoning applied through the processes of popular government, no danger flowing from speech can be deemed clear and present, unless the incidence of the evil apprehended is so imminent that it may befall before there is opportunity for full discussion. If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence." - Louis Brandeis,  Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2016, 05:39:06 pm »
MAC...was referring to the time when a 'young' President Obama tried to lock FOXNEWS out of the White House press corp...or refused to take any questions from them.

Their actions today in dealing with FOXNEWS are nothing like they were back early in his 1st term.

I'm confident that Trump will put the fear of God into the slimey bass turds.  That's all I expect and hope for.   Hit them in their pocketbooks.

My test for a politician is "What would I say if the other side said or did it?"  When a president can, with the blessings of those on his side, put the fear of God into the press, it should put the fear of God into all of us.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2016, 06:19:46 pm »
. . . I’m gonna open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.

I couldn't help but note the phrasing he used: "purposely negative and horrible and false articles." Note the priority placed upon the merely
"purposely negative." As if he has designs upon federalising libel laws first to quash mere criticism.

We know this isn't the first time an actual or would-be president sought to use the laws, if not the apparatus of government, to quash criticism,
so in that regard Mr. Trump is hardly unique. But this is one of the most flagrant proclamations of such intent I can remember in a lifetime of
watching the nation's largest organised crime family (by which I do not mean the Mafia!) . . . and a further exposure of The Donald as
a constitutional pygmy.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2016, 12:43:40 am »
Careful, DC will threaten violence if you compare Trump to Hitler.  And our Mod will remove the post.

I see him like Benito  Mussolini. Also kinda like Vladimir Putin 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2016, 12:45:44 am »
Careful, DC will threaten violence if you compare Trump to Hitler.  And our Mod will remove the post.

I know enough about NavyCanDo to overlook the references, and still have enormous respect for him.

You, OTOH.....   :nono:   have some serious work to do to get 'there'.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:46:55 am by DCPatriot »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2016, 12:56:47 am »
I know enough about NavyCanDo to overlook the references, and still have enormous respect for him.

You, OTOH.....   :nono:   have some serious work to do to get 'there'.

DC, I agree with you completely.  This kind of stuff is pure crap!  I'm no fan of Trump (surprise!) but comparing him with heinous murderers of past history doesn't belong on a site like this.  And you are owed an apology.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2016, 01:00:47 am »

Damn right they will
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2016, 01:01:12 am »
DC, I agree with you completely.  This kind of stuff is pure crap!  I'm no fan of Trump (surprise!) but comparing him with heinous murderers of past history doesn't belong on a site like this.  And you are owed an apology.

Trump's basic ideological base is fascist. Corporativism, applying corporate solutions to government is fzcism and how Mussolini governed.

That's not suggesting that Trump will be a homicidal maniac.

Just a nascent Facist.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:01:56 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2016, 01:28:02 am »

Thanks so much MAC.  Your post means a lot and is the reason I will sleep peacefully tonight.   :beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2016, 01:36:41 am »
So about NavyCanDo's post, then.  Why is it still up?

I don't think it's the same as posting photos of Trump and Hitler side by side
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2016, 01:37:09 am »
So about NavyCanDo's post, then.  Why is it still up?

Maybe because I called him a "fascist", and did not say he was comparable to Hitler. My post was a warning, against going down a very dangerous path that was taken by Hitler.

By the way, As president, Trump wouldn’t have the legal authority to do any thing with libel laws as they are controlled by the States, not the Federal government. He may not be Hitler but when it comes to Executive powers he sure is  ignorant, or how Trump would spell it in a tweet - "ingnat".
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2016, 01:38:41 am »
Libertybele!   Sorry if it seems I ignored you....but I'm fighting a multiple front battle here until my 'team' finishes brunch.   :laugh: 

You have done a helluva good job, here DC.  Thanks!!   :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2016, 01:43:43 am »
You have done a helluva good job, here DC.  Thanks!!   :beer:

Thanks so much Right_in_Virginia.   My pleasure.   :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2016, 01:45:06 am »
You have a very low opinion of the American voter.

So do I, more and more.

Hang in there, buddy!  This too, shall pass.   :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2016, 01:48:36 am »
Hang in there, buddy!  This too, shall pass.   :beer:

Really? It will only pass when Trump passes from the scene.

If he doesn't, well, it goes on.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2016, 01:49:32 am »
Thanks so much MAC.  Your post means a lot and is the reason I will sleep peacefully tonight.   :beer:

:patriot:

Offline Mod1

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2016, 01:58:57 am »
What is so hard for some of you to understand?  Stick to the ISSUES, not a discussion of Members here. 

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:26:08 am by Mod1 »