Author Topic: As Speaker, Ryan to sleep in DC office  (Read 510 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As Speaker, Ryan to sleep in DC office
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:20:16 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/258777-as-speaker-ryan-to-sleep-in-dc-office

November 01, 2015, 09:35 am
As Speaker, Ryan to sleep in DC office

By Scott Wong

Speaker Paul Ryan may now be second in line to the presidency, but he’ll still continue sleeping in his office on Capitol Hill.

“I just work here. I don’t live here,” the Wisconsin Republican said Sunday in an interview on CNN’s State of the Union.” “I’m just a normal guy.”

When CNN’s Dana Bash told Ryan, normal guys don’t sleep in their offices, Ryan went further, explaining his daily routine when he’s in Washington.

“So I live in Janesville, Wisconsin. I commute back and forth every week. I just work here. I don’t live here,” he said. “So i get up very early in the morning. I work out. I work til about 11:30 at night. I go to bed and I do the same thing the next day.

“It actually makes me more efficient,” Ryan added. “I can actually get more work done by sleeping on a cot in my office, and I’m going to keep doing it.”

As Speaker, Ryan will be entitled to quite a bit more real estate in the Capitol. But a Ryan spokesman said the Speaker will continue spending nights in his congressional office in the Longworth House Office Building, not in the Speaker's office in the Capitol.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: As Speaker, Ryan to sleep in DC office
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 09:04:03 pm »
But will he carry his own luggage?   :pondering: