Author Topic: Islamic State schools ban math, music, philosophy, history, French and geography as incompatible with Islam  (Read 366 times)

rangerrebew

Islamic State schools ban math, music, philosophy, history, French and geography as incompatible with Islam

October 29, 2015 2:53 pm By Robert Spencer 65 Comments

They are following in the illustrious footsteps of the caliph Umar, who is supposed to have said when ordering the ancient, fabled library of Alexandria to be burned: “If the books agree with the Qur’an, they are superfluous. If they disagree with it, they are heretical.”

“One former elementary teacher from A-Raqqa tells of a colleague who earned 30 lashes for deviating from the Islamic State narrative. ‘He had drawn a map of Syria and written on it the names of neighboring states,’ said Abu Abdullah. ‘According to the Islamic State, there are no other states besides theirs,’ he said.” That’s an interesting illustration of how the Islamic State is attempting to overturn the order of the world. According to the UN and the elected heads of the various governments of the world, all states exist except the Islamic State: the UN is full of states covering almost all the world’s land mass, and the single largest territory whose government it does not accept as legitimate is that of the Islamic State. Meanwhile, the Islamic State says just the opposite: that all the governments of the UN, all that nattering hive of hatred and self-righteousness and post-modern Beyond-All-Thatness, is illegitimate, and only their state, even more hateful and even more self-righteous but not Beyond All That at all, is the true government for the world.

Whichever side wins, free people are in for a rough ride.

Islamic State curriculum

“Every child left behind in the Islamic State’s new elementary schools,” Syria Direct, October 27, 2015 (thanks to Jerk Chicken):

AMMAN: The Islamic State opened elementary schools in the eastern Deir e-Zor countryside on Monday, imposing strict regulations dictating what students wear, how teachers teach and to what grade girls are permitted to study, local teachers and opposition media reported.

Under penalty of fines or arrests, parents in the east Deir e-Zor town of Mayadin, for example, must send their children to IS-run schools in a “Pakistani style” uniform of long-sleeved shirts and trousers, reported the local media campaign Deir e-Zor is Being Slaughtered Silently on Monday.

Mayadin teachers are supposed to be paid a monthly wage of 35 IS dinars, made of silver, and girls are only taught to the fourth grade, according to the Deir e-Zor is Being Slaughtered Silently report.

“I’m not quite sure what 35 IS silver dinars will get you, but I’ll tell you nobody’s laid eyes on one of those coins as of yet,” Abu Mujahid a-Shami, the head of the Deir e-Zor is Being Slaughtered Silently Campaign told Syria Direct on Tuesday.

Classes are segregated by gender, beginning in the first grade, reported pro-opposition Step News Agency Monday.

One former elementary teacher from A-Raqqa tells of a colleague who earned 30 lashes for deviating from the Islamic State narrative. “He had drawn a map of Syria and written on it the names of neighboring states,” said Abu Abdullah. “According to the Islamic State, there are no other states besides theirs,” he said.

In early 2014, the Islamic State shut down schools in Deir e-Zor and A-Raqqa, including private schools, citing the corrupting influence of Baathist curricula.

Math, music, philosophy, history, French and geography were all banned.

The schools were reopened briefly, but quickly closed again for a redesign of the curricula. “The main reason given was that the education they were giving in Syrian governmental schools was incompatible with Islam and inspired apostasy,” said Abu Abdullah….

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/islamic-state-schools-ban-math-music-philosophy-history-french-and-geography-as-incompatible-with-islam
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:05:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
When mention is made of the "once-great civilizations of islam", I sense that someone is lyin' about things.

Regardless of its motivations, truly islamic nations all seem to devolve towards a cultural dark ages. From whence they sprang...

Offline mountaineer

“According to the Islamic State, there are no other states besides theirs,” he said.
Geez, what a bunch of morons.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Civilization is incompatible  with Islam according to these radicals!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
When mention is made of the "once-great civilizations of islam", I sense that someone is lyin' about things.

Regardless of its motivations, truly islamic nations all seem to devolve towards a cultural dark ages. From whence they sprang...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

At one time Islamic scholars were leading the way in math and science. They would be disgusted by what ISIS represents.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates