Author Topic: Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton Lied Under Oath At Benghazi Committee Hearing [VIDEO]  (Read 354 times)

rangerrebew

Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton Lied Under Oath At Benghazi Committee Hearing [VIDEO]

Posted By Steve Guest On 10:33 AM 10/25/2015 In | No Comments

Trey Gowdy says Hillary Clinton did not provide an “accurate” answer during the Benghazi Committee hearing regarding the use of her private email server while she was Secretary of State.

Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press” with Chuck Todd Sunday, Gowdy said, “I gave her an opportunity to tell me where the 90 to 95 percent figure comes from. She’s wrong about that.” (RELATED: Oops: State Department ‘Not In A Position’ To Confirm Validity Of Hillary’s Email Testimony)

“I’ve always injected an element of wholeness and completeness,” Gowdy explained, “and also truthfulness in the definition of cooperative.”

“So did she cooperate in answering the question? Yes,” said Gowdy. “Was it accurate answer? No.”

Chuck Todd asked Gowdy if Clinton “was a cooperative witness” and Gowdy said, “She answered the questions, and I would note I don’t think I ever cut her off. She was given ample opportunity. So she answered the questions, yeah. If that’s your definition of cooperative, yes.”

Gowdy is not the first person to question Clinton’s statement that “90 to 95 percent” of her work related emails were already located on State Department servers before her use of a secret private email server was ever brought to light.

Last Thursday during the State Department press briefing, deputy spokesman Mark Toner refused to verify Clinton’s claim.

Toner was asked by a reporter, “Who at the State Department would’ve informed Clinton or her aides that 90 to 95 percent of her emails had been captured in State Department systems?”

Toner who was unable to substantiate that claim replied, “I’m not, frankly, in a position to do that right now. I would have to refer you, frankly, to her campaign team, which has used that figure previously, I think, and explained it in a fact sheet that they released. It was, frankly, her campaign staff that used it, the figure, so they can give you more information about the rationale or background behind it. I’m not aware that we have given that figure but, again, I’m not in a position right now to confirm that.”

Follow Steve on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/25/trey-gowdy-hillary-clinton-lied-under-oath-at-benghazi-committee-hearing-video/

Offline EdinVA

So, what are you going to do about it?
Nothing, except whine....