Author Topic: Death to Capitalism? Visitors to Marx’s Grave Balk at Fee  (Read 597 times)

Offline Paladin

Death to Capitalism? Visitors to Marx’s Grave Balk at Fee
« on: October 26, 2015, 05:26:46 am »
There is surely something ironic in this story. Of course I am most uneasy posting a thread that isn't connected in some way with Trump, Trump, Trump, but seriously, there are other matters out there.

"HIGHGATE CEMETERY, LONDON—On a summer visit to the grave of Karl Marx, Ben Gliniecki found that he would have to pay £4, or about $6, to pay respects to the man who sounded the death knell for private property.

Mr. Gliniecki, a Marxist, said no.

Personally, I think it is disgusting,” the 24-year-old political activist said. “There are no depths of irony, or bad taste, to which capitalists won’t sink if they think they can make money out of it.”

The charity that looks after this cemetery has long taken swipe at a different irony: Karl Marx’s decision to buy a burial plot in a private London graveyard over the then state-provided alternatives. They say their cover fee subsidizes the upkeep of a cemetery where 170,000 other people rest."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/death-to-capitalism-visitors-to-marxs-grave-balk-at-fee-1445818914

Nice to know his rotten corpse is serving some useful purpose in any case.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline PzLdr

Re: Death to Capitalism? Visitors to Marx’s Grave Balk at Fee
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 02:38:37 pm »
Pay it in urine.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee