Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino Calls Cops ‘Murderers’ At Anti-Police Rally  (Read 846 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/25/quentin-tarantino-calls-cops-murderers-at-anti-police-rally/?print=1

Quentin Tarantino Calls Cops ‘Murderers’ At Anti-Police Rally

Posted By Kaitlan Collins On 8:05 PM 10/25/2015 In | No Comments

Quentin Tarantino fired up an anti-cop rally in New York when he called police “murderers,” and now the local police union is calling for a boycott of all his films.

“When I see murders, I do not stand by,” Tarantino told the crowd in Washington Square Park Saturday. “I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers.”

“I’m a human being with a conscience. And if you believe there’s murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I’m here to say I’m on the side of the murdered.”

Tarantino, whose films are often criticized for excessive violence and racist language, attended the rally days after a New York policeman was shot in the head while chasing down a gunman in the street, which Tarantino called “unfortunate timing.”

The president of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association issued a statement criticizing the director’s comments and calling for a boycott of all his films.

“New Yorkers need to send a message to this purveyor of degeneracy that he has no business coming to our city to peddle his slanderous ‘Cop Fiction,'” Patrick Lynch said.

“It’s time for a boycott of Quentin Tarantino’s films.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Quentin Tarantino Calls Cops ‘Murderers’ At Anti-Police Rally
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 02:59:02 am »
My God!  I'm speechless!  The hypocrisy.....

**nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 03:16:20 am »
What else would one expect from Quentin Tarantino?  I wouldn't be surprised if he's also privately telling cops to "give it" to the low-life scum.  After all, shouldn't life be imitating his art?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 11:58:29 am »
Tarantino, whose films are often criticized for excessive violence and racist language, attended the rally days after a New York policeman was shot in the head while chasing down a gunman in the street, which Tarantino called “unfortunate timing.”
Yes, so sorry that happened to you, Quent.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 05:00:45 pm »
October 26, 2015
Police union calls for boycott of Quentin Tarantino films after actor addresses anti-cop rally
By Rick Moran

Quentin Tarantino, a Hollywood director noted for his ultra-violent crime movies, addressed a rally in New York city over the weekend and, in an epic rant, called the police "murderers" - just days after a NY city cop was killed in the line of duty.

“When I see murders, I do not stand by . . . I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers,” the “Pulp Fiction” auteur blathered to a cheering rally-goers.

As he spoke, Tarantino held up a blown-up photograph of Justin Smith, an Oklahoma man killed in police custody in 1999 after spitting on cops.

His words came just four days after the Tuesday-night murder of NYPD Officer Randolph Holder, the brave cop who was shot in the forehead while pursuing a gunman on foot through the streets of East Harlem.

The police union failed to appreciate the drama of Tarantino's appearance and immediately called for a boycott of his films:

Patrick Lynch, president of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, lashed out against the “Reservoir Dogs” auteur Sunday.

“It’s no surprise that someone who makes a living glorifying crime and violence is a cop-hater, too,” Lynch said in a statement.

“The police officers that Quentin Tarantino calls ‘murderers’ aren’t living in one of his depraved big-screen fantasies — they’re risking and sometimes sacrificing their lives to protect communities from real crime and mayhem.

“New Yorkers need to send a message to this purveyor of degeneracy that he has no business coming to our city to peddle his slanderous ‘Cop Fiction.’ ”

Tarantino acknowledged Saturday that the timing of the rally was “unfortunate.” But he said people had already traveled to be a part of the gathering.

Relatives of Police Officer Randolph Holder, who was killed in East Harlem Tuesday night, were far from appeased.

“I think it’s very disrespectful,” his cousin Shauntel Abrams, 27, said of the protest as she and other relatives gathered at the Church of the Nazarene in Far Rockaway ahead of Holder’s funeral Wednesday.

“Everyone forgets that behind the uniform is a person.”

The timing of his rant was "unfortunate" but the show must go on because a crowd showed up? Unreal.

There has been some pushback from activists who claim that their anti-police movement is being blamed for cop killings across the country. They fail to see the irony of complaining about pro-police demonstrators blaming the entire movement for the actions of a few while they criticize entire police departments for the actions of one or two cops.

Nobody ever accused these supporters of attacks on police with having any brains.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/10/police_union_calls_for_boycott_of_quentin_tarantino_films_after_actor_addresses_anticop_rally.html#ixzz3ph6UazG4
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

Quentin Tarantino Backlash Continues Among Police Groups
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 09:36:01 am »
Quentin Tarantino Backlash Continues Among Police Groups

By CHRISTINE HAUSEROCT. 29, 2015

Philadelphia and Los Angeles police groups have said they will join New York City officers in a call to boycott the work of the film director Quentin Tarantino after remarks he made last weekend at a protest against police brutality.

Mr. Tarantino, an Academy Award-winning filmmaker known for a bloody crime oeuvre that includes “Reservoir Dogs,” “Pulp Fiction” and the “Kill Bill” movies, joined demonstrators in New York City on Saturday in a protest organized by RiseUpOctober. The rally called for justice for people killed by the police in shootings across the United States. In a statement on Thursday, RiseUpOctober criticized the backlash against Mr. Tarantino.

“I’m a human being with a conscience,” Mr. Tarantino, who flew in from California for the rally, was quoted by The Associated Press. “And if you believe there’s murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I’m here to say I’m on the side of the murdered.”

After Mr. Tarantino appeared at the protest, the president of the New York City Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, Patrick J. Lynch, called for a boycott of his films, saying in a statement that Mr. Tarantino was a “cop-hater” and someone who makes a living “glorifying crime and violence.”

William J. Bratton, the New York City police commissioner, also criticized Mr. Tarantino.

“Shame on him, particularly at this time when we are grieving the murder of a New York City police officer,” Mr. Bratton said on Monday during an interview with John Gambling on WNYM-AM. “There are no words to describe the contempt I have for him and his comments at this particular time.”

Back in Mr. Tarantino’s home base, the union representing Los Angeles police officers joined in the next day, supporting a boycott.

“We fully support constructive dialogue about how police interact with citizens,” said Craig Lally, president of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, in a statement on Tuesday. “But there is no place for inflammatory rhetoric that makes police officers even bigger targets than we already are.”

He said Mr. Tarantino “took irresponsibility to a new and completely unacceptable level this past weekend by referring to police as murderers during an anti-police march in New York. He made this statement just four days after a New York police officer was gunned down in the line of duty.

“And questioning everything we do threatens public safety by discouraging officers from putting themselves in positions where their legitimate actions could be falsely portrayed as thuggery.”

Mr. Lally was referring to the New York police officer Randolph Holder, who was shot to death while chasing a suspect in East Harlem four days before the antipolice protest. Officer Holder’s funeral was Wednesday.

On the day of the funeral, the president of the Philadelphia police union, John McNesby, said the board of directors voted to join the boycott, saying Mr. Tarantino was “antipolice.”

“Mr. Tarantino has made a good living through his films, projecting into society at large violence and respect for criminals; he it turns out also hates cops,” he said.

The RiseUpOctober statement said these were all efforts to intimidate protesters.

“It is aimed at sending a message, not just to Tarantino, but to anyone whose voice carries great weight in society,” said Carl Dix, one of the group’s organizers. “If you speak out, we will come after you, threaten your livelihood and attempt to scare you back into silence.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/30/us/quentin-tarantino-backlash-continues-among-police-groups.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:36:51 am by rangerrebew »