Author Topic: Trump: 'I will be a great unifier'  (Read 433 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Trump: 'I will be a great unifier'
« on: October 25, 2015, 08:48:23 pm »
Jeremy Diamond
CNN
October 25, 2015

Donald Trump believes he would "absolutely" be a force for bipartisanship, but in an interview this weekend neither Republicans nor Democrats escaped a barrage of attacks from the GOP presidential candidate ...

And he lamented the House Select Committee on Benghazi's questioning of Clinton, a hearing he called "very partisan" that "hurts both parties" and "hurts the country."

"The level of hatred between Republicans and Democrats was unbelievable. The level of -- I've never seen anything like it," Trump said. "I'm going to unify. This country is totally divided. Barack Obama has divided this country unbelievably. And it's all, it's all hatred, what can I tell you. I've never seen anything like it...I've gotten along with Democrats and I've gotten along with Republicans. And I said, that's a good thing."

Tapper asked Trump if his presidency would result in an era of bipartisanship.

"I absolutely think so," he said, adding, "I will be a great unifier for our country." ...
More

Trump discussed several items with Jake Tapper. There are video clips.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Trump: Hatred between Dems, GOP at Benghazi hearing ‘unbelievable’
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:52:36 pm »
Trump: Hatred between Dems, GOP at Benghazi hearing ‘unbelievable’

Bradford Richardson
The Hill
October 25, 2015

Donald Trump said in an interview broadcast Sunday that the Benghazi committee's hearing featuring former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was “very partisan,” adding that the “hatred” displayed was “unbelievable ...

Trump said the partisanship “hurts both parties” and “hurts the country” because it prevents the government from accomplishing anything.

The GOP front-runner painted himself as a “great unifier.” ...

He said his past support of Democrats shows that he’s above partisan politics ...
More

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump: 'I will be a great unifier'
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:05:00 pm »
Trump missed the mark on this one completely.  It wasn't about partisan politics.  It was about discovering the truth; holding the Secretary of State and others accountable for four dead Americans and the criminal activity involved.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 11:55:46 pm »
It was and it should be.

Then Cummings the guard chihuahua started yipping and some, like idiots, responded in kind.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 12:06:16 am »
Trump would certainly unify Congress in a way it hasn't been unified in eight years.

It would be him against a unified Democrat-Republican Congress.  He has no constituency in Congress except maybe some of the crybaby caucus.  His immigration plan wouldn't even be taken up nor would his ridiculous tax plan.

Hell, Trump needs to think about unifying REPUBLICANS.  Some, like me, will never support him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 01:04:30 am »
Trump would certainly unify Congress in a way it hasn't been unified in eight years.

It would be him against a unified Democrat-Republican Congress.  He has no constituency in Congress except maybe some of the crybaby caucus.  His immigration plan wouldn't even be taken up nor would his ridiculous tax plan.

Hell, Trump needs to think about unifying REPUBLICANS.  Some, like me, will never support him.

Agreed in the fact that we already have a unified Democrat-Republican Congress -- McConnell, our so-called Republican leader in the Senate sides with the DEMS and Boehner our so-called Republican leader in the House sides with the DEMS. 

That's what needs to change.  I believe Trump has the ability to "unify" "We the People" who have already started to send a resounding message that we don't want the Washington establishment aka Washington cartel!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 02:08:52 am »
This much from Trump -- or from any politician -- is mere blather.

There aren't going to be any more "unifying" political figures in America.

Certainly not from the left. Their intent is to divide, and eventually conquer.

And anyone from the right promising that is not to be trusted, because the left itself must never be trusted.

... Only vanquished.