Author Topic: Gowdy: Clinton's answers not accurate  (Read 674 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gowdy: Clinton's answers not accurate
« on: October 25, 2015, 06:04:03 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/258039-gowdy-clinton-not-cooperative-in-hearing

Gowdy: Clinton's answers not accurate

By Bradford Richardson - 10/25/15 11:59 AM EDT

House Select Committee on Benghazi Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) says former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not “cooperative” during last Thursday’s 11-hour interview before the panel.

Gowdy said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that Clinton answered the all of the questions without complaint, but added that she did not give complete or entirely truthful answers.

“She answered the questions, and I would note I don’t think I ever cut her off. She was given ample opportunity, so she answered the questions, yeah, if that’s your definition of cooperative,” Gowdy said.

“I’ve always also injected an element of wholeness and completeness and also truthfulness in the definition of cooperative,” he added.

“Did she cooperate in answering the question? Yes. Was it an accurate answer? No.”

Gowdy also said the former first lady wanted her testimony to be open to the public.

“I didn’t send a subpoena to secretary Clinton, it was a voluntary interview, and she wanted it to be in public,” Gowdy said. “I wrote a letter several months ago giving her an option, and she chose public, and that’s well within her right.”

The South Carolina lawmaker said private hearings closed off from the media often feature much less political grandstanding than public ones.

“I can just tell you that of the 50-some-odd interviews that we have done thus far, the vast majority of them have been private, and you don’t see the bickering among the members of Congress in private interviews, you don’t see any of that,” he said.

He said future interviews investigating the 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, will be held privately.

“I can just tell you, in the private interviews, there is never any of what you saw Thursday. It is one hour on the Republican side, one hour on the Democrat side, which is why you’re going to see the next two dozen interviews done privately,” he said.

“The private ones always produce better results.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Gowdy: Clinton's answers not accurate
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 06:05:57 pm »
“Did she cooperate in answering the question? Yes. Was it an accurate answer? No.”

Extremely disappointed in you Gowdy...if you knew she was lying why didn't you call her on it....btw she did swear under oath she was telling the truth but you won't do anything about that either.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:41:32 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=698921

Newsmax
Gowdy: Benghazi Interviews Will Be in Private After Grandstanding Over Clinton
Sunday, October 25, 2015 12:40 PM

By: Greg Richter

The upcoming interviews by the Benghazi Select Committee will be held in private following the daylong televised testimony by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the committee's chairman, Rep. Trey Gowdy, said Sunday.

"I can just tell you of the 50-some-odd interviews we have done thus far, the vast majority have been private and you don't see the bickering among the members of congress in private interviews," Gowdy told "Meet the Press"  host Chuck Todd. "The private ones produce better results."

Clinton herself requested the public interview, Gowdy said, which was her right.

"I can just tell you in the private interviews there is never any of what you saw Thursday," he said. "It is one hour on the Republican side, one hour on the Democrat side which is why you're going to see the next two dozen interviews done privately."
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 01:01:12 am »
Extremely disappointed in you Gowdy...if you knew she was lying why didn't you call her on it....btw she did swear under oath she was telling the truth but you won't do anything about that either.

He did.  Except that he didn't come out and call her a liar, which is exactly what the media and Democrats were hoping he'd do.

Jim Jordan showed her inconsistencies too.  The problem with this committee is that it has been written off by most of the public.

Any accountability for Hillary will have to come out of the FBI investigation of emails.  And that's a  long shot.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.