Author Topic: State Can’t Verify Clinton Email Claim Made At Benghazi Hearing  (Read 515 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/10/23/state-cant-verify-clinton-email-claim-made-at-benghazi-hearing/

2:05 pm ET
Oct 23, 2015
State Can’t Verify Clinton Email Claim Made At Benghazi Hearing

By Byron Tau

The State Department said it can’t confirm one of the assertions Hillary Clinton made at Thursday’s House Benghazi Committee hearing from her tenure as Secretary of State.

One of the sticking points in Mrs. Clinton’s testimony in front of the Benghazi panel was her claim that 90% to 95% of her work emails were automatically preserved in the State Department’s system.

Late in Mrs. Clinton’s marathon, 11-hour long appearance on Capitol Hill, she told the panel’s Republican chairman that “90 to 95% of my work related emails were in the State’s system, if they wanted to see them, they would certainly have been able to do so.”

But State Department spokesman Mark Toner on Friday said the figure is something her campaign is using and referred questions to them for “the rationale or the background behind it.”

“I’m not aware that we have given that figure,” he said at a press briefing. “I’m not in a position right now to confirm that.”

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: State Can’t Verify Clinton Email Claim Made At Benghazi Hearing
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 10:55:22 pm »
Of course they can't.