Author Topic: 'Merry Christmas,' Trump declares  (Read 9675 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: 'Merry Christmas,' Trump declares
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 04:57:54 pm »
Trump is talking about removing the stigma of political correctness.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for being here, RIV!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 04:58:13 pm »
If I may interject something. Just a reminder, Trump doesn't calculate his statements like we are used to getting from politicians. He just opens his mouth and speaks. Some people hate that; it's unnerving to them.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

- Mark Twain

Trump could have learnt a little something from Mr. Twain.  Unfortunately for him, he's removed all doubt.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 05:00:23 pm »
If I may interject something. Just a reminder, Trump doesn't calculate his statements like we are used to getting from politicians. He just opens his mouth and speaks. Some people hate that; it's unnerving to them.

Yeah..., apparently people like EVERY SINGLE POSTER in this thread...except Right-in-Virginia.

...and us.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 05:02:01 pm »

It's not that he is making uncalculated comments here, aligncare.  He is continuing to say he will force people to do what he wants.

If he claims he is 'guaranteeing' that people WILL say "Merry Christmas," he is absolutely no different from those who force us NOT to say it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 05:03:04 pm »
Yeah..., apparently people like EVERY SINGLE POSTER in this thread...except Right-in-Virginia.

...and us.

What's 'unnerving' is that he really thinks he can force people to do what he wants them to do.

He keeps proving that he's not all that different from Obama.  Just louder.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2015, 05:20:33 pm »
What's 'unnerving' is that he really thinks he can force people to do what he wants them to do.

He keeps proving that he's not all that different from Obama.  Just louder.

For somebody so 'literal'....please show us where he said he would FORCE people to say Merry Christmas?   :whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2015, 05:22:10 pm »
For somebody so 'literal'....please show us where he said he would FORCE people to say Merry Christmas?   :whistle:

Right here...

And I guarantee if I become president we're going to be saying 'Merry Christmas' at every store," Trump said. "The 'happy holiday,' you can leave that over in the corner."....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2015, 05:24:54 pm »
Right here...    And I guarantee if I become president we're going to be saying 'Merry Christmas' at every store," Trump said. "The 'happy holiday,' you can leave that over in the corner."....

LOL!   If that's your 'proof'.....have a nice day!    :whistle:

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2015, 05:28:04 pm »

Thank you for proving that your messianic belief is impervious to reality.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2015, 05:28:47 pm »

I know you have your rosy glasses on with everything this guy says, but the word "guarantee" for one who is even moderately objective, is problematic.

Of course if you choose to dismiss dozens of comments like this that he makes, telling us that when he is President he will make people do what he wants them to do, so be it.

I just don't want another dictator wannabe in the Oval Office............ even if he agrees with me on a number of things.

Eight years is quite enough of this kind of attitude.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 05:33:14 pm »

I just don't want another dictator wannabe in the Oval Office............ even if he agrees with me on a number of things.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 05:38:33 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2015, 05:39:39 pm »

By what?  Making it illegal for people to say something, or forcing them to say something else?

Seriously?  Really...seriously?  How do you come up with this stuff?  No one is talking about or expecting the use of force.    **nononono*

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:40:06 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »
I know you have your rosy glasses on with everything this guy says, but the word "guarantee" for one who is even moderately objective, is problematic.

Of course if you choose to dismiss dozens of comments like this that he makes, telling us that when he is President he will make people do what he wants them to do, so be it.

LOL!   Athletes "guarantee" victory all the time.

A little context...."When I become President, I GUARANTEE you [the mood of the country will take a 180 degree turn away from where it is today and...] people will be saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS" [everywhere].

You guyz are funny, yet pathetic, all the same.    :laugh:

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »
It's not that he is making uncalculated comments here, aligncare.  He is continuing to say he will force people to do what he wants.

If he claims he is 'guaranteeing' that people WILL say "Merry Christmas," he is absolutely no different from those who force us NOT to say it.

Words fail me.     **nononono*

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2015, 05:43:20 pm »
Words fail me.     **nononono*

"Pathetic" comes to mind.

If they had a brain....it would rattle!      :whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 05:43:58 pm »
Seriously?  Really...seriously?  How do you come up with this stuff?  No one is talking about or expecting the use of force.    **nononono*

How do you NOT come up with this stuff?

How is the man going to 'guarantee' that people say what he wants if he doesn't force them one way or another?

And if he isn't going to force them, then why does he say garbage like this?  Is it a bluff?  Is he lying?  Is he delusional?

There aren't all that many choices for those who excuse the words he actually says.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2015, 05:46:42 pm »

A little context...."When I become President, I GUARANTEE you [the mood of the country will take a 180 degree turn away from where it is today and...] people will be saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS" [everywhere].

Wait a minute, Mr. Hall Monitor.............. why are you allowed to call people who criticize Trump "pathetic" when you go around demanding that no one says anything bad about Trump supporters?

You have completely ignored the fact that he makes statements like this with regularity.

I believe he's delusional enough to think that he's going to be able to make people do what he wants if he becomes President.

As a conservative, that should unnerve you too.....

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 05:47:14 pm »

:beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 05:47:37 pm »

And again.............

Rules for thee, but not for me, eh?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2015, 05:49:30 pm »

I'm glad you found a friend to insult the rest of us with.

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2015, 05:50:43 pm »
How do you NOT come up with this stuff?

How is the man going to 'guarantee' that people say what he wants if he doesn't force them one way or another?

And if he isn't going to force them, then why does he say garbage like this?  Is it a bluff?  Is he lying?  Is he delusional?

There aren't all that many choices for those who excuse the words he actually says.   

Reductio ad absurdam. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2015, 05:51:06 pm »

And you equate an athlete "guaranteeing" a victory  with a Presidential candidate guaranteeing outcomes in the the nation's character.  THAT ' funny!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2015, 05:51:58 pm »

Yeah, right.  You're welcome to be as obtuse as you like, but when someone who wants to be president says that he will guarantee that something happens when he's president, you can be quite sure that the threat of force is there if he has his way.

Or have you simply chosen to ignore the last 8 years because they're inconsistent with your belief in the new messiah.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2015, 05:54:13 pm »
Reductio ad absurdam.

Yes.  That IS what you did.

Thanks for coming up with the appropriate phrase for the absurdity of your conclusion.    :patriot: