Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi..10am est  (Read 17582 times)

Offline flowers

The dems don’t ask questions they make speeches and turns it over to Hillary to thank them for their speech and then Hillary adds more speech.

Offline Paladin

Questioning now is Susan Brooks (R-IN) and I can't quite get a focus on what she's driving at.

Flowers stated, "The dems don’t ask questions they make speeches and turns it over to Hillary to thank them for their speech and then Hillary adds more speech." which is absolutely true. The Republicans seem to be floundering around a bit from subject to subject. I am desperately hoping there is some long range plan to all this.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

Liberal Dem Adam Smith (WA) now takes over questioning, poo poohs the inquiry as repetitive of earlier materials.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline flowers

James Woods ‏@RealJamesWoods 3m3 minutes ago

So basically Mrs Clinton finally got us to understand that Chris Stevens killed himself. #BengahziHearing
95 retweets 98 favorites

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 3m3 minutes ago

No Congressman Smith, this is not a prosecution but you and your cohorts sure do want to play defense team for Hillary. #BenghaziHearing
1 retweet 0 favorites
Amy Kremer Retweeted
Beferr ‏@MsnBeverly 9m9 minutes ago

@AmyKremer @ShannonSanford9 Even Hillary said, 'Ambassador Stevens knew the dangers...' So that okays abandoning them to those heathens?
View conversation
1 retweet 2 favorites
Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 9m9 minutes ago

US diplomats were trying 2 get xtra security frm other countries cuz their own country wldn't provide addl security??? #BenghaziHearing
4 retweets 1 favorite
Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 18m18 minutes ago

I want to know who gave the order to stand down. Also, where are Qaddafi's weapons now? #BenghaziHearing
1 retweet 0 favorites
Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 20m20 minutes ago

Is congresswoman Sanchez really blaming Ambassador Stevens? These ppl are shameless. #BenghaziHearing
14 retweets 9 favorites

Offline flowers

Offline Paladin

With more than a touch of irony Smith complains this committee investigation has cost $4.7 million dollars. Since when has any Dem cared about the cost of anything and he makes this observation to a woman who misplaced $6 billion while SoS.

Smith finally shut up, turned his time over Cummings, who in turn called upon Hillary to essentially make a speech about Benghazi...which she's doing.

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 5m5 minutes ago

Why do the Dems feel so inclined 2 defend Hillary at every whim? If she did nothing wrong, there is no need to defend her. #BenghaziHearing

Offline flowers

James Woods ‏@RealJamesWoods 29s29 seconds ago

How do the families of these murdered men restrain themselves? Listening to her blame Stevens for his own death is evil. #BenghaziHearing

Offline flowers

2:50 PM: In response to questions from
Rep. Susan Brooks (R-IN)
33%
, Clinton suggests Stevens was joking and praises his “great sense of humor” regarding emails about not security at the Benghazi compound and not knowing whether it would remain open. When Clinton references an email to which Stevens was responding, Brooks points out that Stevens was emailing about picking up a few things from a Brit fire sale and those things were actually barricades because we were not providing them what they needed to stay safe. Clinton then praises Stevens’s “entrepreneurial spirit.”

Offline Paladin

Mike Pompeo (R-KS) takes over questioning, Begins by sharply criticizing Dems over their obstructionism, especially speecifying Smith. Notes that despite claims they are not interested the truth. He was fairly tough on H first time around.

Offline flowers

Shannon Bream ‏@ShannonBream 3m3 minutes ago

Pompeo says Democrats have spent their time attacking the Committee instead of asking questions/looking for the truth

Offline flowers

I wonder if the notes she is getting is telling her when to cry? 

Offline flowers

3:10: In response to a softball question from Cummings, Clinton says she does not want anything she says or said about her to take away from the heroism of the diplomatic security officers and those who died in Benghazi. Clinton says “sometimes there are unintended consequences” even when we try to get it right. She says the attackers used diesel fuel to set the compound on fire and the safe room meant to shield diplomats from attack was “anything but safe,” pointing out that Stevens died from smoke inhalation.

3: 09:
Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA)
11%
doesn’t ask a question, instead helping Clinton run out the clock by saying the Benghazi investigation is a prosecution and not uncovering new facts. He says the Committee is not doing justice to the four Americans who died.

Offline Paladin

Pompeo points out H was responsible for assuring embassy safety. She's verbally wandering through the high weeds and is avoiding the security at Benghazi.

Offline Paladin

Pompeo points out correctly the SoS is personally responsible for embassy safety. He quotes legal documents which state it's so. She simply denies any such responsibility.

Pompeo yields time. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) takes up the defense of H.

Offline flowers

James Woods ‏@RealJamesWoods 1m1 minute ago

It boils down to this: if you like Valerie Jarrett as our current president, you'll just love Sidney Blumenthal. #BenghaziAnswers
16 retweets 14 favorites

Offline EdinVA

The only question I had was why we did not send help.
It was evidently a 6 or 8 hr battle and we did nothing... why are they not talking about that?

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 2m2 minutes ago

No 1 has mentioned POTUS & his whereabts during #Benghazi attacks. Isn't POTUS the only 1 who can give stand down order? #BenghaziHearing
0 retweets 1 favorite

Offline flowers

Well now we know she is really lying.....saying government always try to by the least expense things.

Offline flowers

3:21 PM: Clinton says Stevens did not even have her cell phone number, her fax number, her home address.
Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS)
79%
notes Blumenthal had her phone number, fax number, and home address.

When asked if all ARBs are created equal, Clinton responds by saying “they have all been led by distinguished Americans” and gets slammed by Pompeo for not answering simple “yes or no” questions.

Offline Paladin

H just claimed she was on the phone all that night trying to get Libyan authorities to send help. I find that interesting because so far as I know no one knows where she and Obama were that night. That can be proven or disproven empirically.

Offline flowers

Congress fault now.

Offline flowers

Is she getting fed the answers via a ear device? Is that why she is answering so slowly at times?

Offline flowers

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton speculated Wednesday that former Ambassador Chris Stevens must have been joking when he sent a question about security at the Benghazi consulate where he and three others later died.

During afternoon testimony,
Rep. Susan Brooks (R-IN)
33%
asked Clinton about an email dated Dec. 15, 2011 in which Stevens asked an official about security at the Benghazi compound, and whether the State Department had decided to close it.

Clinton responded: “Well, Congresswoman, one of the great attributes that Chris Stevens had was a really good sense of humor and I just see him smiling as he’s typing this because it’s clearly in response to the e-mail down below talking about picking up a few ‘fire sale items from the Brits.'”