Author Topic: Chapel Hill police to ticket residents for good, lawful behavior  (Read 187 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Some of you may recall a thread I posted last month about police doing this same thing in Michigan. Apparently this obvious attempt to circumvent probable cause is catching on.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2015/10/chapel-hill-police-to-ticket-residents-for-good-lawful-behavior

Getting pulled aside by a police officer normally spells bad news, but Chapel Hill’s upcoming “good ticket” initiative might make it a good thing. “It’s a good opportunity to thank those for following the law,” Chapel Hill Police Lt. Celisa Lehew said. Lehew said good tickets are exactly what they sound like: a reward for residents who obey the law. Pedestrians using crosswalk signals, bicyclists following roadway signs and drivers obeying motor vehicle laws would all qualify for good tickets. The tickets would include a coupon and brief information on safety laws. Demetrius Williams, a Chapel Hill resident, said the initiative would benefit the community.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates