Author Topic: Wikileaks to post CIA chief’s hacked emails  (Read 568 times)

Offline flowers

Wikileaks to post CIA chief’s hacked emails
« on: October 21, 2015, 04:50:16 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/257597-wikileaks-plans-to-post-cia-chiefs-hacked-emails

Wikileaks is promising to post the contents of CIA Director John Brennan's email account.

The anti-secrecy organization announced on Wednesday that it would put the contents of his inbox on the Internet.

ANNOUNCE: We have obtained the contents of CIA Chief John Brennan's email account and will be releasing it shortly.
    — WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) October 21, 2015

ADVERTISEMENT
The announcement follows the government’s admission that it was investigating reports that a high schooler had broken into Brennan’s personal AOL email account along with the personal account of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson.

According to reports, none of the documents obtained in the apparent hack contained classified information.

Offline Relic

Re: Wikileaks to post CIA chief’s hacked emails
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 04:54:30 pm »
There was a time I would have thought this to be a terrible, dangerous thing.
There was also a time I believed the US government cared about it's citizens.

Release the emails. Every last one of them.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 05:01:07 pm »
Then I will hold you, Relic, personally responsible for every agent or asset exposed or killed.

Fair enough?

Stop believing wikileaks is some concerned citizen shit. They're funded nigh on 100% by the damned Russians.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 05:05:44 pm »
According to reports, none of the documents obtained in the apparent hack contained classified information.

Apparently Brennan didn't keep all of his work-related emails on a private server.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 05:12:57 pm »
Then I will hold you, Relic, personally responsible for every agent or asset exposed or killed.

Fair enough?

Stop believing wikileaks is some concerned citizen shit. They're funded nigh on 100% by the damned Russians.
I kinda agree with Relic. After the hil email, how many un=exposed assets are left? How do we know this acct wasn't hacked because of Hil email? How do we know this all isnt going on so when bam shuts down the net for security reasons?  I don' trust any of them anymore. How do we know it isn't a plan to get assets killed. The assets fighting for Assad or Christians?

Yes I know......today I have many tinfoil hats at my side. Two with shinny side out and one with shinny side in!

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:27:53 pm »

Fair enough?

There is no personal accountability. Hillary likely identified more than a few agents with her home brew server, and she's going to be president.

My son-in-law is about to be deployed, again, to be a target. What is he fighting? He practically has to have a notarized confession before engaging the "enemy"? The people for which he's serving as a target are likely to be protected by Obama/Democrats in the near future. Meanwhile, they're shipping tens of thousands of infidel hating muslims to America.

Yes, I'm bitter. If I were in the CIA, I'd get out.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 05:30:20 pm »
I kinda agree with Relic. After the hil email, how many un=exposed assets are left? How do we know this acct wasn't hacked because of Hil email? How do we know this all isnt going on so when bam shuts down the net for security reasons?  I don' trust any of them anymore. How do we know it isn't a plan to get assets killed. The assets fighting for Assad or Christians?

Yes I know......today I have many tinfoil hats at my side. Two with shinny side out and one with shinny side in!

I had to put my ear flaps down today too!

:smokin:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 05:32:24 pm »
It's all aimed at destroying assets and agents - there is zero other use for wikileaks.

Yes, before you'd have hackers trying it on with public figures, departments etc - they've done that as long as computers with remote access have existed. Now the hackers have an outlet to "prove" their exploits.

Yet you NEVER see hacked Chinese or Russian docs on wikileaks, do you ....

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 05:35:31 pm »
It's all aimed at destroying assets and agents - there is zero other use for wikileaks.

Yes, before you'd have hackers trying it on with public figures, departments etc - they've done that as long as computers with remote access have existed. Now the hackers have an outlet to "prove" their exploits.

Yet you NEVER see hacked Chinese or Russian docs on wikileaks, do you ....

Ok, so what you're saying is not only is the US government filled with corruption and bad intent, but it's incompetent as well.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 05:36:16 pm »
 :silly:

Thank you! I needed that today.

And sorry about the slightly snippy first response - it's been a rough day.  :beer:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:37:58 pm by EC »

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 05:41:31 pm »
:silly:

Thank you! I needed that today.

And sorry about the slightly snippy first response - it's been a rough day.  :beer:

No harm, no foul.  :beer:

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 05:49:48 pm »

Destroying American assests and agents.  Putin and Obama in on it????????  What has obama done that hasn't helped Putin or destroy this country? :tinfoil:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 06:10:31 pm »
Destroying American assests and agents.  Putin and Obama in on it????????  What has obama done that hasn't helped Putin or destroy this country? :tinfoil:

Even two years ago I'd have said no, the Worm wasn't in on it, he was just being played using his stupidity, arrogance and fundamental cowardice as levers.

Now?  :shrug:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wikileaks Publishes CIA Director John Brennan Emails
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 10:18:48 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=697384

Newsmax
Wikileaks Publishes CIA Director John Brennan Emails
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 04:03 PM

By: By KEN DILANIAN

The WikiLeaks organization posted material Wednesday from what appears to be CIA Director John Brennan's personal email account, including a draft security clearance application containing personal information.

The material presumably was taken in a compromise of Brennan's email account by a hacker who told The New York Post he is a high school student protesting American foreign policy. The hacker claimed he posed as a Verizon employee and tricked another employee into revealing Brennan's personal information.

Brennan was seeking a security clearance while applying for a job as White House counterterrorism adviser. It was not immediately clear whether any national security information was compromised in the release of the clearance application, which includes his wife's Social Security number and the names of people Brennan worked with over a long prior career at the CIA.

The documents all date from before 2009, when Brennan joined the White House staff; before that, he was working in the private sector. Aside from the partially completed clearance application, none of the documents appears to be sensitive.

In a section of his security clearance application covering foreign contacts, Brennan writes that in August 2007: "I have had lunch twice and dinner once with Alan Lovell, a U.K. colleague with whom I worked closely during the last three years of my government career. Alan is currently posted at the U.K. Embassy in Washington."

Brennan's "government career" to that point consisted of decades at the CIA. It's not clear what Lovell's role was at the British Embassy. The State Department in 2009 listed Lovell as a "counselor" in the British Embassy. His LinkedIn profile currently lists him as working at the British Ministry of Defense.

The documents include a partially written position paper on the future of intelligence, a memo on Iran, a paper from a Republican lawmaker on CIA interrogations and a summary of a contract dispute between the CIA and Brennan's private company, the Analysis Corporation, which had filed a formal protest after losing a contract dealing with terrorist watch lists.

In a post-election memo, purportedly written to Obama, Brennan laid out a pragmatic roadmap on dealings with Iran. His suggestions are similar to the carrot-and-stick approach the administration would eventually use in nudging Tehran toward joining negotiations over slowing the momentum of its growing nuclear reactor program.

"The United States has no choice but to find ways to coexist — and to come to terms — with whatever government holds power in Tehran," Brennan said in the three-page memo. He added that Iran would have to "come to terms" with the U.S. and that "Tehran's ability to advance its political and economic interests rests on a non-hostile relationship with the United States and the West."

In the memo, Brennan advised Obama to "tone down" rhetoric with Iran, and swiped at former President George W. Bush for his "gratuitous" labeling of Iran as part of a worldwide "axis of evil." Brennan also said the U.S. should establish a direct dialogue with Tehran and "seek realistic, measurable steps." Although he didn't specifically call for the regime of financial sanctions that the Obama administration, along with Europe, Russia and China, pushed against Iran, Brennan told the president-elect to "hold out meaningful carrots as well as sticks."

A 2008 letter from then-Sen. Kit Bond to colleagues describes Bond's proposal to curb CIA interrogation techniques in a less restrictive way than requiring the agency to adhere to the Army field manual, which was what Obama ultimately did.

A related document appears to be legislation reflecting Bond's proposal, which would have prohibited the agency from engaging in interrogation techniques prohibited by the Army field manual, rather than restricting it to only those techniques allowed by the manual.

But there is no way to know why Brennan had the letter or what his views on it were. He has defended brutal CIA interrogations as having produced good intelligence while supporting Obama's decision to ban them.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 01:46:08 am »
flowers wrote above:
[[ I kinda agree with Relic ]]

I agree with Relic too, to loud applause.

There have been reports that Brennan is a muslim convert. If so, he has no business being in the CIA and I consider him a liability to The West.

Anything that can be done to discredit or damage him is fine with me.

Take that, EC !