Author Topic: Texas band students accused of racist fruit basket  (Read 867 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Texas band students accused of racist fruit basket
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:57:08 pm »
Apparently, when you buy fruit baskets at the store as a gift, you are required to go through each fruit in the basket and ask yourself if the fruit may be deemed racist by someone and remove that fruit. Better bet, just give the basket. Unless you think someone my find baskets racists. Best bet, no longer give gifts.

Seven members of a Texas high school marching band are being accused of racism and two of the band members say the trouble started over a fruit basket.

By halftime Friday night, the Atascocita High School band was focused on their performance. Nearly 140 members strong, roughly 30 of them seniors, seven are now in trouble.

"We didn't do anything wrong," said Carolina Andaverde.

Andaverde and her bandmate are heartbroken over what they face because of this gift. As a tradition, students exchange gifts with competing schools at varsity football games to encourage good sportsmanship. Last Friday, it was Summer Creek.

Included i this basket was a small watermelon, coconut, pineapple and watermelon gum. The district said it was racist....

...Humble ISD released the following statement:

School administrators conducted an investigation and, after considering the totality of the circumstances,
determined that the gift was inappropriate and lacked good sportsmanship. Atascocita High School will not tolerate racial insensitivity.

http://www.myeasttex.com/news/local-news/texas-band-students-accused-of-racist-fruit-basket

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Texas band students accused of racist fruit basket
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 12:02:56 am »
I'll take the pineapple.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 04:40:17 pm »
Coconuts have racial implications?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:52:27 pm »
Soon, it will be illegal to sell watermelons or fried chicken.

8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!