Author Topic: Cruz: Kerry ‘utterly unfit’ for office, following Israel comments  (Read 1794 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/257111-cruz-kerry-utterly-unfit-for-office-following-israel-comments

By Julian Hattem - 10/16/15 07:20 AM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz wants Secretary of State John Kerry to step down if he does not disavow comments claiming Israelis have some responsibility for the recent rash of violence in their country.

Kerry and his top advisors “have proven themselves utterly unfit for the positions they hold,” the Texas Republican and presidential candidate said in a statement on Thursday evening.

Cruz has previously called for Kerry to resign for prior comments on Israel, but now is also warning that his top spokesman John Kirby should prepare to step down as well.

“Mr. Kirby should immediately retract his offensive assertion that Israel is ‘guilty of acts of terror’ or resign,” Cruz said “and Sec. Kerry should immediately disavow these remarks or resign.”

Cruz’s rebuke comes in response to the State Department’s claim this week that Israeli Jewish citizens and leaders bear some responsibility amid an explosive uptick in violence this month.

On Tuesday, Kerry said that the Obama administration condemned “terrorist” stabbings of “innocent Israelis” just as equally as “settler violence” committed by Israelis against Palestinians.

On Wednesday, Kirby called the stabbing of a four Arab men by a 17-year-old Israeli in the southern city of Dimona an “act of terrorism.” The stabbing was believed to be a revenge attack following a string of clashes and incidents targeting Israelis.

“I would say certainly individuals on both sides of this divide are — have proven capable of and in our view guilty of acts of terror,” Kirby said.

During the past month, eight Israelis have been killed in attacks across the country, much of them stabbings. Meanwhile, 31 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces and stone-throwers, including 14 alleged attackers. The rash of violence has shocked observers and led to fears about a third Intifada, or uprising.

The Obama administration has repeatedly called stabbings of Israeli Jews acts of terror. 

Cruz has long been a critic of Kerry and the Obama administration’s position towards Israel.

“The Obama A\administration is the most hostile we have seen towards the nation of Israel in our nation’s history,” he said on Thursday. “In the last few days, this obsessive antagonism has been on full display.”

“There is no moral equivalence here between the savagery of the Palestinian terrorists and the innocent Israelis they are trying to murder.”

Cruz first called for Kerry to resign last year, after Kerry warned that Israel could turn into an “apartheid state” if it continued on its present course.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Cruz: Kerry ‘utterly unfit’ for office, following Israel comments
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 01:40:01 pm »
John F'n Kerry is unfit to be our local dog catcher!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 02:50:16 pm »
Hate to disagree with CRUZ BUT Kerry was unfit for the office before the comments? :silly:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:10:21 pm »
The only thing Kerry is fit for is a trip to the glue factory.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:34:54 pm »
Cruz has previously called for Kerry to resign for prior comments on Israel, but now is also warning that his top spokesman John Kirby should prepare to step down as well.

I am SO weary of this kind of sh**t--from politicians---of all stripes. 

Senator--If you don't like what an official says, argue the merits of the comment with facts.  Calls for resignations because you disagree with someone is not only childish, it's about as un-American as an American "leader" can get.   And as a Conservative American, your call for resignations for statements you don't like is an embarrassment.

Pull it together Cruz.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 01:43:55 am »
I am SO weary of this kind of sh**t--from politicians---of all stripes. 

Senator--If you don't like what an official says, argue the merits of the comment with facts.  Calls for resignations because you disagree with someone is not only childish, it's about as un-American as an American "leader" can get.   And as a Conservative American, your call for resignations for statements you don't like is an embarrassment.

Pull it together Cruz.

????? The person who is UN-AMERICAN is azzhole Kerry! Cruz does have the facts.  As a Senator he has every right to stick up for our allies especially why they are the ones being attacked and our "elected" officials are calling terrorists.  He has every right and in fact his duty to call out someone who is in "authority" when what they are doing IS NOT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THIS COUNTRY nor it's allies.  In case you haven't noticed things are pretty dire over in the Middle East; thanks to Barrack HUSSEIN Obama and John A-hole Kerry.  Cruz absolutely has it together!  If only we had more Congressmen like Cruz, this country wouldn't be in the rough shape that it is; nor would we have the turmoil over in the Middle East and certainly, we would be throwing our support towards Israel as we should and not disregarding them in such a despicable way.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 02:36:00 am »
?????  As a Senator he has every right to stick up for our allies especially why they are the ones being attacked and our "elected" officials are calling terrorists.  He has every right and in fact his duty to call out someone who is in "authority" when what they are doing IS NOT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THIS COUNTRY nor it's allies. 

I do not disagree with you on this.

Each elected official has the right, the duty, to debate foreign policy decisions he/she disagrees with---to debate vigorously in the arena of ideas and then win at the ballot box to implement a change in direction.

Calling for the resignation of a diplomat serving with the approval of the US Senate because you don't agree with a decision or a statement is hyperbole and counterproductive.  We should debate the virtue of our objectives; not personalities.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 02:44:58 am »
I do not disagree with you on this.

Each elected official has the right, the duty, to debate foreign policy decisions he/she disagrees with---to debate vigorously in the arena of ideas and then win at the ballot box to implement a change in direction.

Calling for the resignation of a diplomat serving with the approval of the US Senate because you don't agree with a decision or a statement is hyperbole and counterproductive.  We should debate the virtue of our objectives; not personalities.

Why am I not surprised that you're kissing Kerry's ass?  You are such a transparent anti-Israel sycophant.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 02:56:37 am »
Why am I not surprised that you're kissing Kerry's ass?  You are such a transparent anti-Israel sycophant.

Sink...please try and stop your knee from jerking long enough to recognize that this isn't about Israel or even Kerry.  It's about a principle--a standard; the likes of which differentiates us from the average banana republic.  We don't call for the resignations of politicians and call them "unfit" because we disagree with them.   What's next, prison?

You may not believe this, or I suspect even want it, but someday we may actually have a Republican SOS again.  I will hold those who oppose his or her politics to the same standard I defined above.  Debate objectives, not personalities. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 03:01:03 am »
Sink...please try and stop your knee from jerking long enough to recognize that this isn't about Israel or even Kerry.  It's about a principle--a standard; the likes of which differentiates us from the average banana republic.  We don't call for the resignations of politicians and call them "unfit" because we disagree with them.   What's next, prison?

You may not believe this, or I suspect even want it, but someday we may actually have a Republican SOS again.  I will hold those who oppose his or her politics to the same standard I defined above.  Debate objectives, not personalities.

LOL!  Knee jerk? 

You seem to always be on the opposite side of anything that upholds the defense of Israel.  A Republican SOS would never take the position Kerry has taken.  And you know that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 03:11:54 am »

You seem to always be on the opposite side of anything that upholds the defense of Israel. 

:silly:  :silly:  :silly: 

A Republican SOS would never take the position Kerry has taken.  And you know that.

Yes, of course I do.  And I will hold anyone disagreeing with his or her politics to the same principle defined above.  Debate the objectives; not the personality.

Have you a problem with this?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 03:36:19 am »
One of the things I like about Cruz is his unabashed support for Israel, and I too think Kerry is unfit to be SOS...that being said Cruz calling for Kerry to step down shows Cruz is weak.  Much like Obama's ineffective line in the sand for Assad.

If Cruz didn't have a penchant for grandstanding he could have said Kerry should disavow Kirby's statement, while behind the scenes he could be working with his colleagues to mount pressure to force him out.  Unfortunately Cruz is not a team player, other Senators don't like him and the media and rats know this.  Cruz can demand the removal of the letters "G" and "V" from the English language.  It would carry the same weight.