Author Topic: Soldier’s Mom Told She Can’t Hang Blue Star Banner In Her Window…  (Read 712 times)

Offline famousdayandyear

Soldier’s Mom Told She Can’t Hang Blue Star Banner In Her Window…

Good grief.

Via Fox News:

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

That was a Pennsylvania military mom’s reaction to being told by her homeowners’ association that she would need written permission to hang a small Blue Star banner in her window.

Since World War II, Blue Star Mothers have traditionally hung the flag when they have a son or daughter serving the country.

Donna Morey, who lives in the Tarrington Village complex in Hatfield, told FOX 29 in Philadelphia that she hung the tribute banner in the bedroom window of Army Major Donald Morey, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Morey said the banner had been hanging for nearly a year when she was notified that it was not consistent with the complex’s rules on window treatments. The association reportedly wants all windows to look the same.

She said she was asked to write a letter in order to receive an exemption, but she called that “ridiculous,” and refused to do so.

The station reached out to the homeowners’ association, but did not receive a response.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/236625-soldiers-mom-told-she-cant-hang-blue-star-banner-in-her-window/

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: Soldier’s Mom Told She Can’t Hang Blue Star Banner In Her Window…
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 10:41:39 pm »
Blue star mother:  take them to court

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 10:56:45 pm »
A lousy excuse to take away recognition of the military by the left.

I agree.  Sue.

(btw, I wouldn't take our son's blue star banner down from our window during his deployments if you had threatened me with death).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 11:03:32 pm »
:beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 12:59:56 am »
Buy or lease in a coplex and sign indicating you have a copy of the rules and agree to observe same.

Not a legal leg to stand on. The best legal position is to apply for permission, which is probably what the rules call for.

The permission will probably be given, end of proplem.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln