Author Topic: Obama Administration Bans All Pork Products From Prison Menus  (Read 1141 times)

rangerrebew

Obama Administration Bans All Pork Products From Prison Menus
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:13:40 am »

Obama Administration Bans All Pork Products From Prison Menus

(CNSNews.com) - The federal Bureau of Prisons, a subdivision of President Barack Obama's Justice Department, has banished all pork products from the menus in all federal prisons, according to a report in the Washington Post [1].

The government says it made the decision to do this because a survey showed that inmates do not like eating pork products.

The Council on American-Islamic relations said “we welcome” the move by the government to deny pork to prisoners, but warned that it might spark “Islamophobia.”

Here are excerpts from the report by the Post [1]:

“The nation’s pork producers are in an uproar after the federal government abruptly removed bacon, pork chops, pork links, ham and all other pig products from the national menu for 206,000 federal inmates.

“The ban started with the new fiscal year last week.

“The Bureau of Prisons, which is responsible for running 122 federal penitentiaries and feeding their inmates three meals a day, said the decision was based on a survey of prisoners’ food preferences:

“They just don’t like the taste of pork….

“The National Pork Producers Council isn’t buying it. 'I find it hard to believe that a survey would have found a majority of any population saying, ‘No thanks, I don’t want any bacon,'” said Dave Warner, a spokesman for the Washington-based trade association, which represents the nation’s hog farmers.

CAIR told the Post [1] that banning pork in federal prisons would accommodate Muslim prisoners:

“’In general we welcome the change because it’s facilitating the accommodation of Muslim inmates,’ said Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the country’s largest Muslim civil rights advocacy group. “We hope it’s not an indication of an increasing number of Muslims in the prison system.’”

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/federal-government-bans-pork-prison-menus

rangerrebew

Re: Obama Administration Bans All Pork Products From Prison Menus
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 10:20:49 am »
Odd, isn't it, that the government has never been, and still isn't, concerned about the religious prohibition on pork for the Jewish religion.  No hypocrisy there. :whistle: I suppose now we'll also see pork banned from military meals and schools.

Offline raml

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:37:35 am »
Obama is a Muslim always was and always will be anyone who doesn't think he is must be blind. I'll lay odds no prisoners were polled unless they were Muslim.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 01:08:40 pm »
The government says it made the decision to do this because a survey showed that inmates do not like eating pork products.
More accurately, prisoners of a certain urban demographic who happen to convert to Islam while incarcerated decide they do not like eating pork products and thus demanded different cuisine, even if they were brought up on grandma's home-cooked hamhocks and greens.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Godzilla

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 02:03:52 pm »
They could avoid the whole issue by just offering two entree choices for meals, with one being non-pork.  That's how most cafeterias operate.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 02:06:43 pm »
Obama is a Muslim always was and always will be anyone who doesn't think he is must be blind. I'll lay odds no prisoners were polled unless they were Muslim.

Maybe Obama is Muslim, and maybe he isn't. But I do know one thing, he and his bride, Drusilla, eat barbecued pork ribs. I'd bet my kidneys on it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 05:00:30 pm »
Once again he is supposed to be Christian, yet this again sides with muzzies.  Yes Jews as well, but we know he isn't doing it for them.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 01:03:53 am »
muslim is, as muslim does...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 01:12:11 am »
Odd, isn't it, that the government has never been, and still isn't, concerned about the religious prohibition on pork for the Jewish religion.  No hypocrisy there. :whistle: I suppose now we'll also see pork banned from military meals and schools.

There likely aren't many Jews in federal prison.  Muslims, on the other hand, well, there must be quite a few........

Who the hell cares?  I'd turn all these prisoners into vegans, if I had my druthers.  Make them long for a piece of fried chicken on the day they get out............
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.