Author Topic: Render Unto Kasich: Ohio Gov. Offers Bibles to Critics of Obamacare Expansion..... Jon Gabriel, Ed.  (Read 287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://ricochet.com/render-unto-kasich-ohio-gov-offers-bibles-to-critics-of-obamacare-expansion/

:beer:   
Render Unto Kasich: Ohio Gov. Offers Bibles to Critics of Obamacare Expansion
Jon Gabriel, Ed. C
Jon Gabriel, Ed.
October 6, 2015

John Kasich claims to be a Republican. In fact, he launched his quixotic run for the presidency on the Republican ticket. Yet he continues to approach governance using the arguments of a random “Democratic Strategist” guest on MSNBC Weekend.

Speaking Tuesday morning at the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Governor Kasich swatted away complaints about his controversial Medicaid expansion in Ohio with one of his now-expected sermonettes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaMVXSGtj50

“Look at Medicaid expansion — do you know how many people are yelling at me? I go to events where people yell at me. You know what I tell em? I mean, God bless ‘em, I’m telling them a little bit better than this: There’s a book, it’s got a new part and an old part. They put it together. It’s a remarkable book. If you don’t have one, I’ll buy you one, and it talks about how we treat the poor.”

Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and, you know what… also give Caesar the things which are God’s.

While I appreciate the Governor’s offer of a free Bible, the copies I own say that I should help the needy. Nowhere does it claim I should subcontract my compassion to bureaucrats in some far-off imperial capital. Jesus didn’t demand social justice from the centurions, lobby Pontius Pilate to raise the minimum wage, or chain himself to a chariot shouting “Jewish Lives Matter.”

I’m a humble layman, but as best as I can figure, God wants me personally “to look after orphans and widows in their distress.” He asks my church corporately to “continue to remember the poor.” He asks Christians to “comfort those who are in any trouble.”

Frankly, it would be far easier if Jesus commanded his followers to vote for candidates who will complete this painstaking work for them. But He didn’t let us off that easy, Governor Kasich.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A perfect answer.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Politics4us

Typical politician. He's running just to counter Tea Party candidates. He knows he has no chance.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I’m a humble layman, but as best as I can figure, God wants me personally “to look after orphans and widows in their distress.”
That's a quote that always interested me.

Widows and orphans. Widows—women who lost their husbands. Orphans—children who lost their parents. In each case, it is not a financial shortfall. Oh, no. There are plenty of rich widows, and children of those who die may often receive a large inheritance. It is a HUMAN shortage. They are not poor, but lonely, in need of the kind of companionship or leadership that only another human can provide.

It is consistent with His commands for man and woman to be made for each other.

That is not to say to neglect the poor, but do not expect money to solve their problems.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia