Author Topic: Rep. Jim Jordan Says House Will Impeach Head of IRS  (Read 581 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Jim Jordan Says House Will Impeach Head of IRS
« on: October 07, 2015, 12:50:55 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/06/rep-jim-jordan-says-house-will-impeach-head-irs/

by Michael Patrick Leahy 6 Oct 2015
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH)says that the House of Representatives will impeach IRS Commissioner John Koskinen this session.

“It is something that has to be done,” the Washington Examiner reports Jordan, chair of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, told members of the Young Americans Foundation. “If we don’t hold some people accountable in the executive branch for the executive overreach we’ve seen in [the Obama] administration, then they’ll never get the message.”

Three months ago Jordan, chairman of the Subcommittee on Health Care, Benefits and Administrative Rules of the House Oversight and Government Operations Committee, was only willing to say that the House “should consider impeaching” Koskinen.

Two months ago, in July, Jordan said the House should impeach Koskinen if President Obama doesn’t fire him.

continued

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rep. Jim Jordan Says House Will Impeach Head of IRS
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 12:54:00 pm »
Why don't they just impeach the entire IRS and be done with it!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 01:06:27 pm »
blah blah blah, we are great, blah blah blah.... when's the next cocktail party?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 01:11:56 pm »
Actions speak louder than words. Shut up and act, for Pete's sake.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 01:14:33 pm »
Actions speak louder than words. Shut up and act, for Pete's sake.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 01:17:04 pm »
Ok, I've given up on going to Brietbart. The popups and endless annoyances make it not worth it.

So, if they impeach her, what does that mean? A demerit? A black check mark? Is there any real world impact on her?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 01:19:18 pm »
Ok, I've given up on going to Brietbart. The popups and endless annoyances make it not worth it.

So, if they impeach her, what does that mean? A demerit? A black check mark? Is there any real world impact on her?

It's a him and his impeachment would mean that Obama would just have to be bothered to appoint someone else to fill the job.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 01:20:29 pm »

Brietbart has ruined their site..I rarely go there anymore...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 01:25:24 pm »
It's a him and his impeachment would mean that Obama would just have to be bothered to appoint someone else to fill the job.

Ahhh, another empty gesture that our politicians are so fond of providing. They can do their "duty" then retire to an evening of their usual games of corruption and debauchery.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 01:33:19 pm »
Ahhh, another empty gesture that our politicians are so fond of providing. They can do their "duty" then retire to an evening of their usual games of corruption and debauchery.

Ours, it would seem, and never "theirs".  It seems as if Democrats always do exactly what they say they are going to do, even if they are in the minority. Yet Republicans never follow through on their promises, even when they are in the majority.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 01:40:49 pm »
Ours, it would seem, and never "theirs".  It seems as if Democrats always do exactly what they say they are going to do, even if they are in the minority. Yet Republicans never follow through on their promises, even when they are in the majority.

This is one where GourmetDan has it right. The sole purpose of the Republican party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat party.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 02:08:26 pm »
Jim Jordan has been consistently one of the few honorable representatives...... and I am not aware that that has changed.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm going to wait on this one, in spite of the Republicans' overall impotence, and see if something happens here.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 02:28:03 pm »
The Constitution provides for impeachment of appointed agency heads?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln