Author Topic: Michael Moore: 'I Think the Only Safe Place for Guns is in a Woman's Uterus'  (Read 359 times)

rangerrebew

Michael Moore: 'I Think the Only Safe Place for Guns is in a Woman's Uterus'

After a press screening last Friday to promote his new film "Where to Invade Next," filmmaker Michael Moore told [1] reporters believed the safest place to keep guns is in a woman's uterus.

Moore made the remarks during [2] the New York Film Fesitval. When asked about the 2016 election, Moore said this:

“The candidate [who will win] will appeal to the issues that women care about, that young people care about, and acknowledge that black lives matter and there are people of color in this country that have made it what it is. When they debated [the GOP] and say the American people, they’re thinking of the white guy, or the angry white guy, and that’s just not America anymore. That America is over. It is more of the melting pot...To just ignore that or to not address that or to say that you have the right to regulate a woman’s uterus but not guns? It’s like, I think the only safe place for guns is in a woman’s uterus, then they would be regulated by our Republican congress!”

On Sunday, during a Q & A with director Leslie Harris, Moore also called the lack of diversity in Hollywood “a form of apartheid”:

“Women [and] especially men need to say this, and say it over and over and then do something about it. My guild, the Writers Guild [of America], Directors Guild [of America], we have to fix this. This is absolutely wrong. This is the most liberal of all industries, when you use the word ‘industry’ in this country, and for it to be so shamelessly white and male?”

Quoting a USC statistic [3] that only 1.9 percent of the top 100 grossing movie of th last two years were directed by woman, Moore said, “I’m telling you, anthropologists are not gonna look kindly on us. We’re gonna look like Neanderthals, and they’re gonna say, ‘Even the liberal ones, the liberal ones let 1.9 percent of the majority gender make movies.' It’s a form of apartheid, folks, when a minority controls everything and the majority gets a bone thrown to them. That’s just absolutely wrong.”

"Where Do We Invade Next" will play at the Hamptons Film Festival October 10. It has no official release date.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/mark-judge/michael-moore-i-think-only-safe-place-guns-womans-uterus