Author Topic: Watch: Carson Serves Up Missile To Anchor- ‘Why Do You Guys Always Leave That Part Out?’  (Read 402 times)

rangerrebew

Watch: Carson Serves Up Missile To Anchor- ‘Why Do You Guys Always Leave That Part Out?’

The controversy may have helped Carson's standing in race.

Randy DeSoto September 28, 2015 at 9:51am
Share on Facebook Tweet Email Print

The media continues to try to get Ben Carson to back down from the comments he made last Sunday about not advocating for a Muslim to be President of the United States.

While appearing as a guest on ABC’s This Week on Sunday, host Martha Raddatz asked Carson multiple questions on the subject.

“I want to go back to your controversial comments on the possibility of a Muslim president,” she said. “The question seemed quite clear. The question was, should a president’s faith mattered? You said, ‘I guess it depends on what that faith is.’ The question was, ‘So, do you believe Islam is consistent with the Constitution?’ And you said, ‘No, I do not. I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.’ Do you stand by that now?,” Raddatz wondered.

Carson responded: “Well, first of all, you know what I said is on a transcript and it’s there for anybody to see.”

“I’m reading the transcript Dr. Carson, that’s exactly what you said,” Raddatz interjected.

“Read the paragraph before that. Where I said, anybody, it doesn’t matter what their religious background, if they accept American values and principles and are willing to subjugate their religious beliefs to our Constitution, I have no problem with them. Why do you guys always leave that out, I wonder?,” the candidate questioned.

“I don’t think we do Dr. Carson and it was really quite clear,” she replied. “’I would not advocate we put a Muslim in charge of this nation.’ You also talked about Sharia law, that they must denounce Sharia law. Do you assume that all Muslims embrace Sharia law?”

“What we should be talking about is Islam, and the tenets of Islam, and where they come from. They come from Sharia,” Carson stated. “They come from the Quran. They come from the life examples of Muhammad…What I would like for somebody to show me is an approved Islamic text that opposes Sharia. If you can show me that, I will begin to alter my thinking on this.

“But right now, when you have something that is against the rights of women, against the rights of gays, subjugates other religions, and a host of things that are not compatible with our Constitution, why would you take that chance?,” he said.

Do you support Dr. Ben Carson? Like the page:

As reported by Western Journalism, Carson also appeared on CNN’s State of the Union on Sunday, telling the host Jake Tapper that he would oppose any candidate who would seek to impose a “theocracy” on America: Muslim and Christian, alike.

The controversy does not appear to have hurt Carson’s candidacy, and in fact, may have helped his standings in the race. The latest presidential poll, conducted by the Wall Street Journal and NBC News, shows Carson neck-and-neck with long-time front runner Donald Trump. Trump garners 21 percent support followed by Carson at 20. Carly Fiorina and Marco Rubio are both at 11 percent and the rest of the candidates are in single digits.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-carson-serves-up-missile-to-anchor-why-do-you-guys-always-leave-that-part-out/?utm_source=MailChimp&utm_medium=email&utm_content=best-top&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmail10.04.15
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:31:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline andy58-in-nh

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. (George Orwell)

Our news media lie far more commonly and effectively by omission rather than commission.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GourmetDan

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. (George Orwell)

Our news media lie far more commonly and effectively by omission rather than commission.

Is the media lying again?  Oh my...

“Read the paragraph before that. Where I said, anybody, it doesn’t matter what their religious background, if they accept American values and principles and are willing to subjugate their religious beliefs to our Constitution, I have no problem with them. Why do you guys always leave that out, I wonder?,” the candidate questioned.

Is Carson implying that the media is controlled?  Like in a conspiracy?  Oh my...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

Carson is always sticking his foot in his mouth.

We do not have religious tests for elective office in the US. He is getting pounded over his stupid remarks, and should.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.