Author Topic: CNN Alters Photo of Umpqua Killer Chris Harper-Mercer to Make Him Look White  (Read 1920 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/10/cnn-alters-photo-of-umpqua-killer-chris-harper-mercer-to-make-him-look-white/

CNN photoshops the photo of Oregon killer Chris Harper-Mercer to make him look white

Chris was the son of Ian Mercer from Great Britain and Laurel Margaret Harper.

MotherLaurel Margaret on left and father Ian on right.

Chris lived with his mother Laurel.
He posted this selfie online.

CNN Alters Photo of Umpqua Killer Chris Harper-Mercer to Make Him Look White

Jim Hoft Oct 4th, 2015 12:23 am 167 Comments

CNN photoshops the photo of Oregon killer Chris Harper-Mercer to make him look white.
mercer cnn

harper mercer parents

mercer harper

But, according to Conservative Treehouse, CNN altered the image to make Harper-Mercer look white.

Via Conservative Treehouse: On the left is the selfie Christopher Mercer uploaded to his social media. On the right is how CNN presented the same selfie in broadcast stories about him. Why did CNN need to change the complexion (color) of their broadcast? Why is no-one showing pictures of mom, Laurel Margaret Harper?

His online profiles have been erased since the shooting.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:38:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
They can't claim technical issues either because.....(((drumroll)))

....they also made the nose smaller.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Has anyone actually confirmed seeing this on CNN themselves. Besides the fact that the editing is piss poor quality (why remove his mole as it is very identifiable?) but I'm a bit leery of Gateway Pundit right now as they are the ones who initially got everyone chasing that fake 4Chan thread then later with the fake Facebook profile that had him connected to a lot of communist groups. They have been jumping on a lot of unsubstantiated stuff lately.

(Disclaimer, I wouldn't discount CNN actually doing this but it would be good to get confirmation of any claims lest we are chasing fake rabbit trails).

Offline sinkspur

I've watched some CNN over the last few days and I haven't seen that pic on the right.    But I'm mainly watching to get news of the SC flooding; got some relatives there.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I've watched some CNN over the last few days and I haven't seen that pic on the right.    But I'm mainly watching to get news of the SC flooding; got some relatives there.

I'm glad you posted this, Sink....because it's just been suggested that it's bogus and that CNN did NOT alter the photo.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

Has anyone actually confirmed seeing this on CNN themselves. Besides the fact that the editing is piss poor quality (why remove his mole as it is very identifiable?) but I'm a bit leery of Gateway Pundit right now as they are the ones who initially got everyone chasing that fake 4Chan thread then later with the fake Facebook profile that had him connected to a lot of communist groups. They have been jumping on a lot of unsubstantiated stuff lately.

(Disclaimer, I wouldn't discount CNN actually doing this but it would be good to get confirmation of any claims lest we are chasing fake rabbit trails).

Ask Dan the boatman.  Does it really matter?

Offline ABX

Ask Dan the boatman.  Does it really matter?

The truth always matters, even if it doesn't fit the narrative we want.  Otherwise we are chasing imaginary rabbit trails, often ones left to distract from what we should be looking at.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

There are no reliable sources citing this story yet.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Follow up.

Nothing important - except that CNN has NEVER shown any picture of the shooter in any broadcast since it happened.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/45120_Jim_Hofts_Bogus_Story_About_CNN_Lightening_Oregon_Shooters_Photo_Goes_Viral
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

Follow up.

Nothing important - except that CNN has NEVER shown any picture of the shooter in any broadcast since it happened.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/45120_Jim_Hofts_Bogus_Story_About_CNN_Lightening_Oregon_Shooters_Photo_Goes_Viral

Yep, Gateway Pundit is walking this back too.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Follow up.

bleep LGF. LGF has a leftist agenda. However, I don't believe that CNN altered the photo. It's a hoax. Have you noticed that only fringe sites have reported this as fact?

Offline ABX

bleep LGF. LGF has a leftist agenda. However, I don't believe that CNN altered the photo. It's a hoax. Have you noticed that only fringe sites have reported this as fact?

Drudge had it up for a while. I really wish he would knock off linking to Infowars. It is hurting his credibility.

rangerrebew

CNN Refutes Rumor That They Altered Photo of Umpqua Killer Chris Harper-Mercer
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 05:31:13 pm »
CNN Refutes Rumor That They Altered Photo of Umpqua Killer Chris Harper-Mercer

Jim Hoft Oct 4th, 2015 12:23 am 339 Comments

UPDATED—-
CNN was accused online of altering a photo of Umpqua killer Chris Harper-Mercer.
On Sunday CNN Media correspondent Brian Stelter refuted the report.

harper mercer parents

mercer harper

But, according to Conservative Treehouse, CNN altered the image to make Harper-Mercer look white.
mercer cnn
Via Conservative Treehouse: On the left is the selfie Christopher Mercer uploaded to his social media. On the right is how CNN presented the same selfie in broadcast stories about him. Why did CNN need to change the complexion (color) of their broadcast? Why is no-one showing pictures of mom, Laurel Margaret Harper?

His online profiles have been erased since the shooting.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/10/cnn-alters-photo-of-umpqua-killer-chris-harper-mercer-to-make-him-look-white/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:36:52 pm by rangerrebew »