Author Topic: Fox is reporting another possible mass shooting  (Read 19485 times)

bkepley

Re: Fox is reporting another possible mass shooting
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2015, 03:49:28 pm »
Sounds like a real sweet-heart.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2015, 04:12:08 pm »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2015, 04:13:05 pm »
I cannot imagine the intestinal fortitude and faith that it took Christians to stand up in that situation, and I have to ask myself if I would have had the courage to do so.  Incredible!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2015, 04:14:22 pm »
I have two middle names.

I do too!  What does that make us?

:beer:

bkepley

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2015, 04:18:00 pm »
Christopher Harper Mercer...Recent Muslim convert.

But keep that under your had until the media tells you!

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2015, 04:28:00 pm »
I have two middle names.

Aw geez.....do we need to call somebody, or what?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2015, 04:28:55 pm »
I do too!  What does that make us?

:beer:

Uh....scary??   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2015, 04:51:01 pm »

Offline flowers

« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2015, 04:57:59 pm »
Oregon gunman Chris Harper-Mercer lived in Torrance, graduated from Switzer Center

http://www.dailybulletin.com/general-news/20151001/oregon-gunman-chris-harper-mercer-lived-in-torrance-graduated-from-switzer-center

Lists of South Bay graduates from 2009 published in the Daily Breeze showed Harper Mercer graduated from the Switzer Learning Center in Torrance with four other students. Switzer teaches students with learning disabilities and emotional issues.

A former behavioral aide at Switzer, who did not want her name used, said the majority of the students at the school are from foster, low-income and single-parent homes. Some of these students were expelled from other schools or had been in trouble with the law.

The school is divided among special needs students and those with behavioral problems.

Records showed Harper Mercer and his mother moved to Winchester, Ore., in 2013. In addition to Torrance, Harper showed previous addresses in Lomita, Harbor Gateway and Lomita.

CBS News reported that Harper Mercer’s stepsister said he was born in England and moved to the United States as a young boy. Harper Mercer’s father, who lives in Tarzana, married her mother, and the stepsister said the last time she spoke with Harper-Mercer was a year ago.

In Torrance, Medrano said it was shocking to learn Harper Mercer reportedly shot his victims after asking them if they were Christian.

“I wonder what happened in his life that brought him to that point,” Medrano said. “It’s heartbreaking.”

On a profile that appeared to belong to Harper-Mercer on the Spiritual Passions dating website, where he listed himself as Ironcross45, Harper Mercer said he was “looking for someone who shares my beliefs, and is similar to me.”

He described himself as a straight college student, a “teetotaller,” a conservative Republican and into punk industrial rock music. He described his interests and hobbies as “Internet, killing zombies, movies, music, reading.”

“Socially, I am shy at first, but warm up quickly, better in small groups,” he wrote. “I’m looking for romance, soulmate, conversation ... the yin to my yang, dating, penpal, friends only, relationship, miss right.”

He described himself as “not religious” and listed his groups as “Doesn’t Like Organized Religion,’ “Left-hnd path,” “Magick and Occult,” and “Not Religious but Spiritual.”

He wasn't born here. He came here when he was very young. So once again we have a immigrant killing us.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2015, 05:07:03 pm »
My son has 2 middle names.  He's a beast.  He refuses to sleep during the day--aside from two naps of 15 minutes each--and it makes mommy crazy.  For his 6-month birthday I'm getting him an iPod with recordings of Barry's speeches.  That should cure the daytime insomnia problem for the little tyke.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2015, 05:20:53 pm »
“I wonder what happened in his life that brought him to that point,” Medrano said. “It’s heartbreaking.”
Well, judging by the article alone, this would indicate a socially awkward guy, frustrated by rejection (possibly by a Christian girl, and I have heard and experienced several stories about so-called Christian girls who'd rather spend the rest of their lives alone than actually date a man), going ballistic a là Elliot Rodger. Yet usually there would be a rationale for the target in question. The attendees of a community college are mostly 18, 19, 20 years old—a little too young for the typical 26-year-old to be interested in dating. He didn't seem to have a direct connection to the college, at least as far as we know.

I'm not sure how reliable that supposed dating profile of his might be, or how long it may have been up there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2015, 05:31:21 pm »
Obama Blames Everyone But The Gunman For The Oregon Community College Shooting

Brian Anderson
October 2, 2015

After Chris Harper-Mercer killed at least 9 people and wounded 7 others at an Oregon community college on Thursday, Obama gave a brief angry response. He blamed guns, the NRA, Congress, and even us for not demanding our 2nd Amendment rights be taken away. But you know who he didn’t blame? The bleep that actually did the killing. Weird, huh?

This is the only time Obama references Harper-Mercer and he completely excuses the killer’s horrific actions:

“We don’t yet know why this individual did what he did. And it’s fair to say that anybody who does this has a sickness in their minds, regardless of what they think their motivations may be.”

Since the killer was obviously mentally ill and can’t be held responsible for his actions, here’s where Obama feels the blame belongs:

“And what’s become routine, of course, is the response of those who oppose any kind of common-sense gun legislation. Right now, I can imagine the press releases being cranked out: We need more guns, they’ll argue. Fewer gun safety laws.”

Clearly that was a jab at Wanye LaPierre and the NRA. He would double down on his attack on the NRA, but he’s apparently too afraid to actually utter the organization’s name:

“And I would particularly ask America’s gun owners — who are using those guns properly, safely, to hunt, for sport, for protecting their families — to think about whether your views are properly being represented by the organization that suggests it’s speaking for you.”

Then he blames Congress for not bowing to his whacko gun control agenda:

“And this is not something I can do by myself. I’ve got to have a Congress and I’ve got to have state legislatures and governors who are willing to work with me on this.”

And finally he blames all of us for not surrendering our constitutionally protected rights:

“This is a political choice that we make to allow this to happen every few months in America. We collectively are answerable to those families who lose their loved ones because of our inaction.”

He really wants us to feel responsible for the shooting and to give up our gun rights:

“I’d ask the American people to think about how they can get our government to change these laws, and to save lives, and to let young people grow up. And that will require a change of politics on this issue. And it will require that the American people, individually, whether you are a Democrat or a Republican or an independent, when you decide to vote for somebody, are making a determination as to whether this cause of continuing death for innocent people should be a relevant factor in your decision.”

This entire speech was a big gun control push and had very little to do with the actual victims of the shooting. Obama is so shameless he doesn’t even pretend to give a shit any more. It’s all about exploiting a tragedy to shove his agenda down our throats:

“And, of course, what’s also routine is that somebody, somewhere will comment and say, Obama politicized this issue. Well, this is something we should politicize.”

It’s pretty amazing that Obama managed to blame this shooting on every single American except the one guy that actually did the killing. The NRA didn’t shoot anyone. Congress, even the angry lefty radicals, didn’t pull the trigger. You and I had absolutely nothing to do with this. Chris Harper-Mercer committed these atrocious acts of violence and he alone bears the responsibility for what he did.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/obama-blames-everyone-but-the-gunman-for-the-oregon-community-college-shooting
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:32:44 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2015, 05:31:29 pm »
Umpqua Gunman Chris Harper Mercer Hated Religion Online

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/01/umpqua-gunman-id-d-as-chris-harper-mercer.html

In a blog linked to that identity, Mercer expressed admiration for Roanoke shooter Vester Flanagan.

People “like him have nothing left to live for,” Mercer wrote on Aug. 31. “On an interesting note, I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are... A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems the more people you kill, the more you’re in the limelight.”

The MySpace page features a photo of Mercer holding a gun and smiling into the camera. The profile includes images of pro-Irish Republican Army propaganda.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2015, 05:39:00 pm »
Or he is just getting ahead of the story. Creating the perception in people's minds before it is replaced. The first perception people have is generally hard to change. After the first perception, confirmation bias plays a part.

Yep... steering the discussion the way he wants it to go before the facts come out...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »
Official: 13 weapons recovered from Oregon school shooting, 6 at school and 7 at gunman's residence; some were not purchased by the shooter, all purchased legally

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/shooting-at-umpqua-community-college-in-roseburg-ore/

Offline flowers

« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2015, 05:50:36 pm »
Oregon college gunman was kicked out of the Army in 2008 as it emerges police have found seven more weapons at his home - as well as six guns at school including assault rifle and three pistols

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3257921/Oregon-college-gunman-kicked-Army-2008-emerges-police-seven-weapons-home-six-guns-school-including-assault-rifle-THREE-pistols-used-massacre.html

Chris Harper-Mercer, 26, was discharged from the U.S. Army after 5 weeks
    He was training at Fort Jackson but failed to meet 'minimum standards'
    Oregon college gunman had 13 weapons in total, all purchased legally
    Seven were discovered at his home, with six guns found at the school
    Mercer killed at least nine people and wounded 20 before being shot dead

He also may have left a manifesto.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2015, 06:23:54 pm »
Uh....scary??   :laugh:

I would say "formidable".  But, that's a good thing!

Offline raml

« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2015, 12:47:54 am »
 jmyrlefuller  I don't know any Christian woman except nuns that aren't married or have at least once been married and I am a real Christian as are all the people I pal around with. I don't know what you are trying to imply about Christian woman when you single just Christian women out and say some never want to date a man I have never met one yet that was a real Christian that had that type of agenda but the fact is some woman may not ever want to date a man and may reject them but if they don't want to date them how could he have been rejected by one since they would never have dated him in the first place. Logic is missing on your statement. Now he may have been rejected by a woman who was a Christian or his own mother who may be one we don't know why he choose to single out Christians yet and I have a few thoughts but since the media will squash what I think I will keep it to myself since many here actually don't believe Obama and the media keep us from the truth.

bkepley

« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2015, 12:53:31 am »
Oregon gunman Chris Harper-Mercer lived in Torrance, graduated from Switzer Center

http://www.dailybulletin.com/general-news/20151001/oregon-gunman-chris-harper-mercer-lived-in-torrance-graduated-from-switzer-center

He wasn't born here. He came here when he was very young. So once again we have a immigrant killing us.

Naughty..naughty..you were supposed to add the qualifier "illegal" to your condemnation. :)

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2015, 01:44:49 am »
We're hearing "assault" weapon, but what was it really? Just a semi-auto rifle?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2015, 02:16:55 am »
jmyrlefuller  I don't know any Christian woman except nuns that aren't married or have at least once been married and I am a real Christian as are all the people I pal around with. I don't know what you are trying to imply about Christian woman when you single just Christian women out and say some never want to date a man I have never met one yet that was a real Christian that had that type of agenda but the fact is some woman may not ever want to date a man and may reject them but if they don't want to date them how could he have been rejected by one since they would never have dated him in the first place. Logic is missing on your statement. Now he may have been rejected by a woman who was a Christian or his own mother who may be one we don't know why he choose to single out Christians yet and I have a few thoughts but since the media will squash what I think I will keep it to myself since many here actually don't believe Obama and the media keep us from the truth.
My only point there was to say that the story that article was trying to convey doesn't make sense. There are too many other points of evidence, the way he was so enamored with militant groups being first among them, to really point the finger at a woman spurning him. No, this was something deeper—an attack on society.

I only singled out Christian women because Christianity was a stated motive for the killings. So, if it had been a woman spurning him, it would have had to be a Christian woman.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:19:13 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2015, 03:00:13 am »
My only point there was to say that the story that article was trying to convey doesn't make sense. There are too many other points of evidence, the way he was so enamored with militant groups being first among them, to really point the finger at a woman spurning him. No, this was something deeper—an attack on society.

I only singled out Christian women because Christianity was a stated motive for the killings. So, if it had been a woman spurning him, it would have had to be a Christian woman.

Initial reports from all media stated that he targeted women.

Yet, of the nine that died, 'only' three were female.  And IIRC, at least one of them was in her 40's.   

It's back to the drawing board, Jay Myrle. 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2015, 02:44:29 pm »
My opinion is that he targeted killing Christians because he is an ISIS convert.  We're probably never going to get confirmation of that, but I've seen that he is a Muslim convert.  I saw somewhere else that one of the Americans that helped to thwart the terrorist attack on the French train had previously attended that same community college.  Was that a factor in why he chose to attack that school?

I think if it is found that he has ties to ISIS - we'll never hear about it.

Oh, and I hate Obama's guts.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »
My opinion is that he targeted killing Christians because he is an ISIS convert.  We're probably never going to get confirmation of that, but I've seen that he is a Muslim convert.  I saw somewhere else that one of the Americans that helped to thwart the terrorist attack on the French train had previously attended that same community college.  Was that a factor in why he chose to attack that school?

I think if it is found that he has ties to ISIS - we'll never hear about it.

Oh, and I hate Obama's guts.

Why stop at guts...he's got plenty more for me to hate. The worst part is he's the one that made hating him racial. That, in and of itself, is reason enough to hate him, guts and all.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2015, 03:16:53 pm »
There is going to be some fancy dancing if this guy was a recent convert to Islam who targeted Christians. Obama can't let those thoughts move forward, so he will make sure the media is in line.  They won't show his picture, they'll focus on the weapons he used and they will claim he had racist tendencies and was upset about being rejected by girls (like the Santa Barbara killer).  He won't allow a connection to Islam or anti-Christianity.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan