Author Topic: Ann Romney Says Mitt Still Super Popular, Still Assessing Possible Run  (Read 1564 times)

rangerrebew

Ann Romney Says Mitt Still Super Popular, Still Assessing Possible Run

By Emily Zanotti on 9.30.15 | 4:04PM

The prospect of a third Mitt Romney candidacy hangs like the Sword of Damocles over the head of the GOP.

He wants it. The big time donors want it. The Establishment wants it. And according to Ann Romney, basically everyone she's talked to ever is totally into it, including random strangers who happen to recognize her on the street. And she thinks there's still plenty of time to make it happen.

“All I can say is, we are in New York City, Mitt’s been with me a lot today, over the last few days and we have been walking the streets and people are screaming out there windows, I mean people on the street, people stop us on the street, everyone is saying ‘come, get in, jump in’, we hear it, we get a lot of phone calls, people are calling all the time, from our past donors saying ‘it’s time to think about it again’.

We are assessing, it’s not like we are making a different decision, we are on the sidelines, we made a decision in January not to jump in. Like everyone, we are mystified by this race and entertained at the same time but there’s a lot of ups and downs in a primary and we went through this too by the way in our race, a lot of ups and downs. It’s a long way from being over.

Let me finish that "assessment" for you, Ann:

Nope.

NOPE.

I'd add a third one, but I'm not fully convinced that even Ann thinks this is a good idea. They'd do better waiting until the field has whittled down and then not endorsing anyone, but perhaps buying a third home on a Carribbean Island, where they could live out the rest of the election year on a beach without cellphone or Internet service, like I wish I could.

The American Spectator Foundation is the 501(c)(3) organization responsible for publishing The American Spectator magazine and training aspiring journalists who espouse traditional American values. Your contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Each donor receives a year-end summary of their giving for tax purposes.

Copyright 2013, The American Spectator. All rights reserved.
Source URL: http://spectator.org/blog/64216/ann-romney-says-mitt-still-super-popular-still-assessing-possible-run

rangerrebew

Re: Ann Romney Says Mitt Still Super Popular, Still Assessing Possible Run
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »
Could this portend a match up of presidential wannabe losers -Gore and Romney? :dropjaw:  :drunk:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:16:27 pm »
Could this portend a match up of presidential wannabe losers -Gore and Romney? :dropjaw:  :drunk:

If JEB goes by the wayside look for MITTENS to come in. THE RINOGOP last hope? Same thing will happen he will LOSE, AGAIN. If JEB stays in MITTEMS will take some of the little support he has and split the RINOGOP vote ONLY. JMO MITTENS name is as toxic as BUSHIE, HILLARY, GORE to the people.:patriot:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 03:30:43 pm »
"The prospect of a third Mitt Romney candidacy hangs like the Sword of Damocles over the head of the GOP."

That's a pretty desperate line.  No it doesn't.  Maybe the Hangnail of Damocles...Mitt is irrelevant.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 08:49:09 pm »
"The prospect of a third Mitt Romney candidacy hangs like the Sword of Damocles over the head of the GOP."

That's a pretty desperate line.  No it doesn't.  Maybe the Hangnail of Damocles...Mitt is irrelevant.

??? What?  Still assessing a possible run?  Perhaps I am mistaken, but I though Mitt had made the decision not to run and Ann wasn't on board with him running either.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline raml

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:04:06 pm »
He is as tarnished as Jeb Bush. Do the republican party rino's want to lose because they will if either of these is a candidate people like I have been saying and you  now can see are fed up with the status quo and won't vote for them.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 12:56:51 am »
He is as tarnished as Jeb Bush. Do the republican party rino's want to lose because they will if either of these is a candidate people like I have been saying and you  now can see are fed up with the status quo and won't vote for them.
Romney's worse at this point, because he's already lost. Once in a general, once in a primary.

Look, admittedly this is a strange year for politics with Trump and his unusually huge army of sycophants throwing the whole system into chaos this time around, but bringing back a retread like Romney is probably not going to have any impact this late into the race. There is no groundswell for this guy, and even if there were, it'd probably flame out fast.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 01:10:34 am »
Romney's worse at this point, because he's already lost. Once in a general, once in a primary.

Look, admittedly this is a strange year for politics with Trump and his unusually huge army of sycophants throwing the whole system into chaos this time around, but bringing back a retread like Romney is probably not going to have any impact this late into the race. There is no groundswell for this guy, and even if there were, it'd probably flame out fast.

What does it say when Trump's army of sycophants comprise a broad swath of the ideological spectrum?

Make no mistake, a lot of conservatives are giving Trump a serious look. As are independents, mainstream Republicans, libertarians etc.

Not suggesting you do this, but characterizing that large a group of the electorate as idiots and morons is a cop out, not to mention condescending. There's got to be something there to explain his popularity.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 01:43:52 am »
Romney running again will yield the same results as Adlai Stevenson's second run obtained in 1956.