Author Topic: Why Jeb Bush Sees Himself as the John McCain of 2016  (Read 508 times)

Offline flowers

Why Jeb Bush Sees Himself as the John McCain of 2016
« on: September 30, 2015, 08:39:22 pm »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bush-sees-john-mccain-2016/story?id=34156877

As polls show Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush slipping, and though his donors may be worried, he’s certainly not, at least visibly.

Speaking to ABC News today, Bush offered an anecdote about a previous GOP candidate whose chances seemed slim.

“This time, eight years ago, John McCain was traveling through the Atlanta airport. I saw him and he had no aide, no person, [he was] by himself because his campaign was supposed to be ended," Bush said of the Arizona senator. “He won the Republican primary that year. This is how the process works; you have to go earn it.”

The Top 3 Things Worrying Jeb Bush Donors

Trump and Carson Neck and Neck in New National Poll

While Bush’s events are well-attended, they are no match for the likes of fellow candidates Donald Trump and Ben Carson, who have seen their stadium events packed with thousands of people.

“It doesn’t frustrate me at all,” Bush said. "Because I know at the end, the people I’m talking to and listening to are going to be the ones who will decide who the nominee will be and I believe I will be that person.”

Not oblivious to the polls, however, his campaign has started to ramp up its advertising efforts. Here in New Hampshire, they’ve dropped a whopping $4.6 million for ads slated to air in January and February.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Why Jeb Bush Sees Himself as the John McCain of 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:43:51 pm »
It is a very apt analogy, though I don't think Jeb understands exactly why.

For a host of reasons, McCain had little chance in a national election...perhaps he knew that going in, he certainly ran like he knew he could never win.

For entirely different reasons, Jeb is a certain loser.  As certain as the sun rises in the east in the morning.  He has absolutely no chance whatsoever of winning a national election.

Maybe he sees it too.  Maybe not.  But EVERYONE else, everywhere, knows it with absolute certainty.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:44:17 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:25:22 pm »
It is a very apt analogy, though I don't think Jeb understands exactly why.

For a host of reasons, McCain had little chance in a national election...perhaps he knew that going in, he certainly ran like he knew he could never win.

For entirely different reasons, Jeb is a certain loser.  As certain as the sun rises in the east in the morning.  He has absolutely no chance whatsoever of winning a national election.

Maybe he sees it too.  Maybe not.  But EVERYONE else, everywhere, knows it with absolute certainty.

Yes, it's astonishing that he would pick McCain as his example to calm supporters.  I don't think he wants to win.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 09:58:46 pm »
...hmm...I would for once have to agree with Jeb on this one.  I see him as the John McCain of 2016 as well....RINO's and losers.

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.