Author Topic: McCarthy announces run for House speaker  (Read 1188 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy announces run for House speaker
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:56:02 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/28/mccarthy-calls-for-beefed-up-us-response-against-isis-russia/

Published September 28, 2015FoxNews.com

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, as widely expected, announced Monday that he will run for speaker as John Boehner prepares to step down at the end of next month.

"I have decided to run for Speaker of the House and graciously ask for your support," he said in a statement.

McCarthy, R-Calif., made the announcement three days after Boehner stunned Washington by announcing his resignation. Even before Monday's statement, McCarthy was seen as the heavy favorite to replace the Ohio Republican in the top post.

McCarthy indicated he's interested in patching up the divisions in the caucus.

"We can't ignore the differences that exist, but we can and must heal the divisions in our conference with work, time, and trust," he said, adding that's why he's decided to run. "... I am running to be your Speaker because I know that the People's House works best when the leadership you elect listens to members and respects the legislative process entrusted to committees."

He added that he's also "sensitive to what is happening outside of the Beltway."

"If elected Speaker, I promise you that we will have the courage to lead the fight for our conservative principles and make our case to the American people. But we will also have the wisdom to listen to our constituents and each other so that we always move forward together," he said. "I look forward to fighting with you for our shared conservative principles."

McCarthy released the statement shortly after delivering a foreign policy speech in which he denounced President Obama's foreign policy, saying the U.S. has "lost the respect of allies and adversaries alike."

McCarthy, who spoke after the president addressed the United Nations, said the U.S. should consider putting some special forces on the ground in Iraq to help coordinate airstrikes against Islamic State militants.

He also backed a no-fly zone in northern Syria to stem the flow of refugees, and provide a space for Syrian rebels to fight the militants -- steps the White House has so far opposed.

"We must wage this war against radical Islam as if our life depended on it. Because it does," said McCarthy, who also reiterated his criticism of the international nuclear deal with Iran.
"We have lost the respect of allies and adversaries alike. We have isolated Israel while emboldening nations like Iran. We let North Korea threaten South Korea, Russia encroach on Ukraine and now China is asserting a greater sphere of influence," McCarthy said. "Wherever we look, the world is less safe and less secure because America is less engaged."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: McCarthy announces run for House speaker
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »
No more RINO leadership period!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »
No more RINO leadership period!

The fix was in before Boehner announced...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 08:56:26 pm »
The fix was in before Boehner announced...

Yes, but Boehner thought he was untouchable.  Until he found out he wasn't.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 09:15:22 pm »
I heard on a L.A. radio station that McCarthy is against the global warming agenda.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 12:39:17 am »
I heard on a L.A. radio station that McCarthy is against the global warming agenda.

That's a start .... but where is he on illegal immigration and honestly repealing and replacing Obamacare?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 12:39:52 am »
That's a start .... but where is he on illegal immigration and honestly repealing and replacing Obamacare?

Or, honesty in general?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 05:19:15 am »
I wrote this on Sept 8th
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,179711.msg708998.html#msg708998

If Boehner didn't have the votes he would walk, and be replaced by another establishment Rep. like McCarthy.

Finally we are all happy. ^-^

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 04:28:14 pm »
they said he wants to dismantle Obamacare. They did mention he is also against Jerry Browns high speed train. In fact they said he was against anything Jerry Brown was for. It is radio station kfi640am John and Ken show.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:35:24 pm by flowers »