Author Topic: Paul Ryan backs Tom Price for GOP leader  (Read 1301 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan backs Tom Price for GOP leader
« on: September 28, 2015, 05:52:27 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/255162-ryan-backs-price-for-gop-leader

September 28, 2015, 01:40 pm
Paul Ryan backs Tom Price for GOP leader

By Cristina Marcos

House Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-Ga.) has secured two coveted endorsements in the race for majority leader.

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, threw his support behind Price on Monday afternoon, giving his candidacy a major boost.

A few hours earlier, House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) endorsed Price as he opted to forgo a leadership bid of his own.

"Tom Price is a committed conservative and a good friend. He and I have served for years together on the Budget and Ways and Means Committees, working to pay down our debt, fix our tax code, and grow our economy," Ryan said in a statement.

"Tom has a proven record of advancing conservative solutions and principles. He has the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective Majority Leader, and I'm proud to support him," the 2012 vice presidential candidate added.

Price faces at least three competitors for the majority leader slot: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (La.), GOP Conference Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (Wash.) and Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.), a former chief deputy whip.

The majority leader post is expected to open up if current House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is elected Speaker after John Boehner steps down at the end of October.

The date for leadership elections has not yet been announced. House Republicans plan to gather for a special conference meeting Tuesday evening at 5 p.m. to discuss their options.

Ryan’s endorsement carries real weight. He is seen as one of the most influential figures in the Republican Party, in part for the fiscal blueprints he crafted as chairman of the House Budget Committee — the panel Price now leads.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Paul Ryan backs Tom Price for GOP leader
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:34:44 pm »
With Paul Ryan endorsing anyone that brings speculation ? Tom Price is suppose to be CONSRVATIVE but RYAN is a RINO and something does not sit right, IMO?

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:44:00 pm »
With Paul Ryan endorsing anyone that brings speculation ? Tom Price is suppose to be CONSRVATIVE but RYAN is a RINO and something does not sit right, IMO?

'Conservative Review' scorecard only gives him a "C".  Definitely NOT the conservative we need and I agree an endorsement by Ryan shouldn't be viewed as a positive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 09:00:54 pm »
Tom Price is the best name I've heard to date! I would love to see him in the Speaker's office!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 12:41:19 am »
Tom Price is the best name I've heard to date! I would love to see him in the Speaker's office!

Hmmm... I've got to do some research!   :whistle:

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 01:49:19 am »
...hmm...there seems to be quite a stark contrast between the two websites that I normally refer to.

http://www.ontheissues.org/GA/Tom_Price.htm

https://www.conservativereview.com/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 03:38:30 am »
...hmm...there seems to be quite a stark contrast between the two websites that I normally refer to.

http://www.ontheissues.org/GA/Tom_Price.htm

https://www.conservativereview.com/

Everything with the word "Conservative" in its title isn't conservative. That is for sure.

Tom Price is as solid a conservative as you will find anywhere.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 05:23:22 am »
I don't know Rep. Price, but if he has your backing Bigun, that is good enough for me. :beer: