Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 538243 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #3250 on: September 24, 2023, 12:29:35 am »
@roamer_1

Not true. There is also 3 and 4 wheelers. I suspect you  may dislike that concept even more than I do,but it IS an option if all else fails,and believe it or not,but *I* am one of those people who fill themselves with hope when that is all that is left. Getting there to suck in the peace,quiet,and the beauty is more important than HOW you get there.

Not up in there @sneakypete No motors allowed past Spotted Bear, and that, road only... Spotted Bear is 80 miles in at the back of Hungry Horse Reservoir, And the start of the White River Trail - The 10 days to 2 weeks begins right there... That's where I am used to going... Where there are no roads - Not even trails - and it's too dang straight up and down for anything but feet or a horse. And there's hundreds of miles like that all around me.

And,who knows,just being able to get there at some time in the near future on a 3 wheeler just might inspire you to work a miracle or two?

Yeah,it sucks to even think about the noise disturbing the solitude of those areas,but you can turn the damn thing off once you  get there. The important thing is getting there and sucking in the beauty and peace of nature,not how you  arrived.

That's right - where it's possible. And I ain't against it. Already looking for a wore out side by side to fix up, and around a 22 ft tandem axle camper busted enough that I can afford it. Heck, I'm looking for a 3/4T full size utility van with a 4x4 conversion because I can get in the side door of that sooner than the regular doors. I can get into that right now.

So I ain't blind to it... and I can say I am already re-rigging for overlanding, somewhat like you said. But I am not under the idea that those places I can go to like that... Well, that's not anywhere near the deep woods. and nothing like it. But I DO appreciate your thought... And I am already looking that way, as a faster way to get up and around a bit.

Anyhow, if you care to reply, let's take this PM so the ridiculous thread can get back to being ridiculous.  :beer:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 12:31:24 am by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3251 on: September 24, 2023, 12:51:15 am »

I am glad to hear @roamer_1 that you are not in pain! Your surgery hasn't been that long ago. There is no doubt in my mind that if you want to go  China, the holler or down by the creek to fish...you will do it! Now riding a horse...that's a different matter. :rolling:

@berdie

The Chinese Wall is not the one in China... It's a 50 mile long escarpment hundreds (maybe a thousand) feet high, way back in the Bob Marshall Wilderness... And my favorite playground.  happy77

As to a horse, getting on it is the hard part... I have every confidence that once I am on it, I ain't coming off - At least on an older duffer horse like me, not interested in shaking his giggles out before we go on... Couldn't handle a hot-rod right now.

An old friend of mine is still around... An apple jack (Appaloosa Mule) that I used to drag around the mountains when he was young. He'd be surprised to see me (though he will remember me as a friend), and even more surprised for me to try to get up on him, as I always lead him... But I bet we could figger it out.

IF I can get on him, the rest is second nature to me. And if I can't use my feet, a horse would be next best.  happy77 :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3252 on: September 24, 2023, 01:07:41 am »
I'm pretty darned sure that @roamer_1 will do whatever he puts his mind to doing @berdie . He'll figure out a way.

As much as is possible @Bigun ... Not as much I can do if I never get my legs back to right. But thanks for your confidence.  :beer:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3253 on: September 24, 2023, 02:19:09 am »
As much as is possible @Bigun ... Not as much I can do if I never get my legs back to right. But thanks for your confidence.  :beer:

We've never met in person @roamer_1 but I'm sorta familiar with the type.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3254 on: September 24, 2023, 03:27:29 am »
@roamer_1

Just a reminder: All things are possible with The Lord.

He who can move mountains, can surely get your ass up one (and back).
He might require some faith and a lot of sweat on your part, though.
I believe you are capable of both.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3255 on: September 24, 2023, 05:45:57 pm »
@roamer_1

Just a reminder: All things are possible with The Lord.

He who can move mountains, can surely get your ass up one (and back).
He might require some faith and a lot of sweat on your part, though.
I believe you are capable of both.

Thanks for that Smoke...  I know it, and that's what I am shooting for...  happy77 :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3256 on: September 24, 2023, 05:46:32 pm »
We've never met in person @roamer_1 but I'm sorta familiar with the type.

:beer:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3257 on: October 09, 2023, 11:12:29 pm »
Parents in Seattle, Washington, confront a naked man at a JCPenney store after he allegedly attempted to inappropriately touch their children.

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1711483127812808940
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3258 on: October 09, 2023, 11:18:28 pm »
Parents in Seattle, Washington, confront a naked man at a JCPenney store after he allegedly attempted to inappropriately touch their children.

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1711483127812808940

Take your damn millennial manbag backpacks off and beat the shit out of him.  God we have bred a generation of pu$$y's.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3259 on: October 10, 2023, 12:13:22 am »
Take your damn millennial manbag backpacks off and beat the shit out of him.  God we have bred a generation of pu$$y's.

There are plenty of usable weapons on all the shelves they passed.  I'd have grabbed the first thing that would cause pain.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3260 on: October 10, 2023, 01:16:18 am »
There are plenty of usable weapons on all the shelves they passed.  I'd have grabbed the first thing that would cause pain.

Yup.  A real man would have beat him like  Kunta Kinte  on holiday.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

« Reply #3261 on: October 10, 2023, 05:17:24 am »
I'm an opportunist...

I'll use whatever is handy as a weapon...

A place like that is filled with opportunity...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3262 on: October 11, 2023, 07:56:04 pm »
Ukraine's English-speaking spokesperson is an American male leftist activist who wears a wig and calls himself Sarah Ashton. I'm not making this up.
Still: Do you think anyone will take Ukraine’s army seriously with a man wearing a wig as the face of the military?

https://twitter.com/OliLondonTV/status/1711960657749221409

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3263 on: November 02, 2023, 12:00:56 pm »
Wild video shows moment NAKED man beats up a Las Vegas cop then steal his patrol truck
  • Las Vegas residents got a Halloween fright when they saw a naked man acting 'suicidal' in the middle of the road
  • The exposed individual started a brawl with the officer and took off in his cop car
  • A car chase began and the suspect slammed the stolen vehicle into another car
(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12698697/Naked-man-Vegas-steal-cop-car-brawl-video.html

All persons named Sara Conner were notified to be careful.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3264 on: November 21, 2023, 12:15:06 pm »
R A W S A L E R T S
@rawsalerts
🚨#BREAKING: Police are responding to a report of Numerous angry raccoons surrounding a vehicle trapping a person inside in Seattle Washington. 🦝
10:30 PM · Nov 20, 2023

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1726820630732177793

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3265 on: November 27, 2023, 02:08:13 pm »
Turkey fryer explodes in home after cook falls asleep
by: Kenzie Finch   
Posted: Nov 26, 2023 / 05:09 PM EST   
Updated: Nov 27, 2023 / 05:38 AM EST   

BURLINGTON, N.C. (WAVY) — A North Carolina family is lucky to be alive after a turkey fryer exploded inside their home.

According to authorities, a propane tank fueling the fryer exploded at a home in Burlington earlier this week. The explosion was so strong, it blew out the windows in the back of the house.

Investigators said the person cooking the turkey fell asleep and left the boiling oil unattended.  ...
More

Not just falling asleep while frying, but operating a turkey fryer inside a house. Good grief.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3266 on: November 27, 2023, 04:00:14 pm »
More

Not just falling asleep while frying, but operating a turkey fryer inside a house. Good grief.

And THAT is why I invested in an ELECTRIC turkey fryer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3267 on: November 28, 2023, 01:28:03 am »
More

"Investigators said the person cooking the turkey fell asleep and left the boiling oil unattended"

Was it a Jukes or a Kallikak? 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3268 on: November 29, 2023, 10:56:09 pm »
Rapper making a music video has his house shot at by rivals in the middle of it.  :silly:

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1729993379210264706

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3269 on: November 29, 2023, 11:09:14 pm »
Rapper making a music video has his house shot at by rivals in the middle of it.  :silly:

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1729993379210264706
You asked for the Thug life so enjoy living the Thug life! Of course you know he will make it part of his cRAP video which will make him very popular with all his Thug admirers.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3270 on: November 30, 2023, 01:57:07 am »
It be gettin' really real on the reel...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3271 on: January 25, 2024, 01:14:59 pm »
Woman arrested after shredding pet gecko in garbage disposal
Lootpress News Staff   by Lootpress News Staff   
Wednesday, January 24, 2024 5:00 pm

PUTNAM COUNTY, WV (LOOTPRESS) – A couple who planned on having sex when they got home turned violent, leading to their pet gecko being shredded to pieces in the garbage disposal.

Hurricane Police say they responded to Hickory Mills Apartment about a potential domestic in progress earlier in the day. When police approached the apartment, they made contact with a male victim and the suspect, Hannah Nicole Jones. The male victim told police that they were going to have sex when they got home, but it did not work out as planned. An argument allegedly started, and the male victim stated that he called Jones a slut, in which she then struck him twice on the forearm with a curtain rod.

When police spoke to the suspect, Hannah Nicole Jones, she advised that they got into a verbal argument, where she got distraught and began to throw things. She said she threw flowerpots against the wall and busted a fish tank. She further stated that she took their pet gecko, put it in the garbage disposal, and then turned it on. The pet gecko was shredded to pieces in the garbage disposal. ...
No, she said, I don't want your %*$# home and auto insurance!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3272 on: January 25, 2024, 01:56:13 pm »
No, she said, I don't want your %*$# home and auto insurance!

@mountaineer

My advise to the husband is to file charges,and while she is locked away,to run for your life! Maybe even change your name,for safety sake.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3273 on: January 25, 2024, 04:00:20 pm »
@mountaineer

My advise to the husband is to file charges,and while she is locked away,to run for your life! Maybe even change your name,for safety sake.
File for divorce, too.

You think shredding his lizard might have been a warning?

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3274 on: January 25, 2024, 11:28:03 pm »
File for divorce, too.

You think shredding his lizard might have been a warning?

@Smokin Joe

I'd call it a pretty good first clue.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!