Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 537887 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #3225 on: September 22, 2023, 02:09:49 am »
What is a vault toilet?
What used to be called an outhouse. Vault toilet sounds classier. Like the kind Scrooge McDuck would have inside his money vault.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3226 on: September 22, 2023, 02:21:15 am »
What used to be called an outhouse. Vault toilet sounds classier. Like the kind Scrooge McDuck would have inside his money vault.

That's still an outhouse up in here. A vault is for gold or guns... Dunno what you fellers are a'guarding  :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3227 on: September 22, 2023, 02:24:05 am »
That's still an outhouse up in here. A vault is for gold or guns... Dunno what you fellers are a'guarding  :whistle:

Vaults are also what people are buried in...as a sarcophagus for a coffin.  Made of concrete.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3228 on: September 22, 2023, 02:28:02 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxyw38tODKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3229 on: September 22, 2023, 05:25:34 am »
[...]

:laugh:

Ya know... Next week some time I am to receive a brand new chair... Not a Lazy Boy for the first time in my life - I'll never buy another. But the funny part is, I mentioned to my dear sainted mother that it's brandy-spankin' right from the factory, whereupon she informed me I'd still have to fart in it a while before I could call it my own...  :silly:

But the really funny part is that she was right.  :silly: :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3230 on: September 22, 2023, 03:14:10 pm »
:laugh:

Ya know... Next week some time I am to receive a brand new chair... Not a Lazy Boy for the first time in my life - I'll never buy another. But the funny part is, I mentioned to my dear sainted mother that it's brandy-spankin' right from the factory, whereupon she informed me I'd still have to fart in it a while before I could call it my own...  :silly:

But the really funny part is that she was right.  :silly: :beer:

Your Mother is a saint!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3231 on: September 22, 2023, 05:13:13 pm »
Are you saying fecal material can't have value?    9999hair out0000

Online corbe

« Reply #3232 on: September 22, 2023, 05:17:25 pm »
   Maybe Trump had it right, after all   :shrug:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3233 on: September 22, 2023, 06:50:04 pm »
Are you saying fecal material can't have value?    9999hair out0000

Of course not. But now you are talking about Yah's economy, not Man's...

As for valuable fecal matter, I've a fair hill of it out behind the barn, just sitting there... never had anyone try to take it.  happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3234 on: September 22, 2023, 06:51:16 pm »
Your Mother is a saint!

A veritable font of wisdom... That she is.  :beer:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3235 on: September 22, 2023, 08:11:28 pm »
Of course not. But now you are talking about Yah's economy, not Man's...

As for valuable fecal matter, I've a fair hill of it out behind the barn, just sitting there... never had anyone try to take it.  happy77
"never had anyone try to take it."

Ever consider advertising?  :tongue2:

Offline DB

« Reply #3236 on: September 23, 2023, 05:48:23 am »
A veritable font of wisdom... That she is.  :beer:

It sounds like you are feeling better. I'm glad.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3237 on: September 23, 2023, 06:20:20 am »
It sounds like you are feeling better. I'm glad.

Oh, I feel terrific! Have ever since the back surgery - Came out with way less pain than when I went in... And now, virtually none... That's twenty years of screaming pain... ~GONE~. Virtually no pain now.

Now the trouble is in getting my undercarriage to work. Not a lot of feeling south of the border, balance is bad, because my feet ain't where my brain says they are... I'm alright on my buggy, but pretty tippy on my stick. And walking without either is out of the question.

100 ft of driveway is my entire world right now. But, good Lord willing, improvements will happen over the next 16 months. Even if I'm never mobedda, just being out of pain is a miracle.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3238 on: September 23, 2023, 09:10:15 am »
Oh, I feel terrific! Have ever since the back surgery - Came out with way less pain than when I went in... And now, virtually none... That's twenty years of screaming pain... ~GONE~. Virtually no pain now.

Now the trouble is in getting my undercarriage to work. Not a lot of feeling south of the border, balance is bad, because my feet ain't where my brain says they are... I'm alright on my buggy, but pretty tippy on my stick. And walking without either is out of the question.

100 ft of driveway is my entire world right now. But, good Lord willing, improvements will happen over the next 16 months. Even if I'm never mobedda, just being out of pain is a miracle.

@roamer_1

This is a common problem. I SUSPECT part of it is your body still remembers the "adjustments" it had to make over the last couple of decades so you  could walk,and it is reluctant to toss them away. Muscles have memories,and they are NOT real fond of the idea of making adjustments. Don't ask me how I know this.

As I am sure you already know,the "key" is to not make any sudden moves when you first try to stand up and take a step. You have to take your time and make sure everything is working properly  before you get too "cocky wid it".

Sadly,the only physical thing that happens quickly are missteps that lead to pain.

On the positive side,what do you have to do that is more important than learning to make the adjustments you need to make?

"No sudden moves" are words to live by.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3239 on: September 23, 2023, 02:24:22 pm »

:beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3240 on: September 23, 2023, 03:19:07 pm »
Sadly,the only physical thing that happens quickly are missteps that lead to pain.

On the positive side,what do you have to do that is more important than learning to make the adjustments you need to make?

"No sudden moves" are words to live by.

Your whole post is right @sneakypete

Right now, as big as I am, I cannot fall down. Even now the surgeon is insisting upon the critical care protocols I came out of surgery with. In this gig, my large frame is working against me, and even yet, a fall might burst the wound open.

It's pretty frustrating, since I feel so good. Right now I can't leave the cabin without using a handicap van service, and that only for appointments... So I have been NOWHERE but to doctors since Aug 1 when this whole thing started.

All of which matters damn little when it's all I can do to get a couple hundred feet on a dang buggy. So frustration has replaced pain in equal measures at this point. Grabbing my 45/70 and walking off into the bush seems a very long way off... And I might not get that far.

But I will get what I can. It's just a damn long row to hoe... A year and some in recovery is a long, long time.

Thanks for your words. I will take my time. I can do no other. And I will get through this just fine. It's what is on the other end that is in question.

Offline DB

« Reply #3241 on: September 23, 2023, 03:43:43 pm »

That's great news! Having things turn around and go in the right direction for a change after so many years of pain is huge. Now for your body to relearn how to do things again, and it will with practice.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3242 on: September 23, 2023, 03:50:55 pm »
That's great news! Having things turn around and go in the right direction for a change after so many years of pain is huge. Now for your body to relearn how to do things again, and it will with practice.

:beer:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3243 on: September 23, 2023, 08:44:52 pm »

Good grief!  Sorry to hear about your pain problems. Glad you're getting better. :seeya:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3244 on: September 23, 2023, 09:10:43 pm »
Your whole post is right @sneakypete

Right now, as big as I am, I cannot fall down. Even now the surgeon is insisting upon the critical care protocols I came out of surgery with. In this gig, my large frame is working against me, and even yet, a fall might burst the wound open.

It's pretty frustrating, since I feel so good. Right now I can't leave the cabin without using a handicap van service, and that only for appointments... So I have been NOWHERE but to doctors since Aug 1 when this whole thing started.

All of which matters damn little when it's all I can do to get a couple hundred feet on a dang buggy. So frustration has replaced pain in equal measures at this point. Grabbing my 45/70 and walking off into the bush seems a very long way off... And I might not get that far.

Yeah,but with some patience and some luck,some day  in the near future the bush WILL be close enough to touch. And truthfully,what else do you  have to do that is more important than healing? Healing will put you back on your feet and back in the hills again,and both are priceless accomplishments.

But I will get what I can. It's just a damn long row to hoe... A year and some in recovery is a long, long time.

True,but what else do you have to do with your  time?

BTW,here is a little tech-tip from someone who has been there.  IF the time comes when you find yourself temped to just say "Screw it,I ain't getting no better so why bother to  put myself through  all this pain",force yourself to turn on your tv and watch soap operas for a couple of weeks. If THAT doesn't inspire you to be willing to deal with  the pain  in order to get better,nothing will.

CAUTION! Do NOT have any loaded firearms within reach while viewing that swill because both you and your tv may be at risk.

And while watching it,stop to remember that there are people out there who are "whole" (physically,if not mentally) who look forward to viewing that crap,and call it entertaining.

Thanks for your words. I will take my time. I can do no other. And I will get through this just fine. It's what is on the other end that is in question.

That will always remain the unanswered question for as long as you are able to ask yourself questions. It is the  same for all of us.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 09:12:46 pm by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3245 on: September 23, 2023, 10:12:28 pm »
Good grief!  Sorry to hear about your pain problems. Glad you're getting better. :seeya:

It's all good.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3246 on: September 23, 2023, 10:37:03 pm »
Yeah,but with some patience and some luck,some day  in the near future the bush WILL be close enough to touch. And truthfully,what else do you  have to do that is more important than healing? Healing will put you back on your feet and back in the hills again,and both are priceless accomplishments.

Well, that's kinda right @sneakypete ... First, while I will heal up from the surgery (I pretty much AM healed up), there is no guarantee that my actual infirmity will get any better at all. I may never get balance back. I may never get feeling back. This may be it, right now. All I was guaranteed was that I would not get any worse. As it is, *ALL* my pain left, and that's a huge gain. I already got more than I deserve out of it.

Now, since there is a God in heaven (heh, heh), I don't believe that. He's told me I will get up off my ass and see the Chinese Wall again. That's 10 days to 2 weeks walking back up in there to that escarpment on the Great Divide, And I will cling to that. Some day I will be there again, at least once more... And there are only two means of doing that... A'horseback, or on these two feets. Either way is fine by me.  happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3247 on: September 23, 2023, 10:56:28 pm »
Well, that's kinda right @sneakypete ... First, while I will heal up from the surgery (I pretty much AM healed up), there is no guarantee that my actual infirmity will get any better at all. I may never get balance back. I may never get feeling back. This may be it, right now. All I was guaranteed was that I would not get any worse. As it is, *ALL* my pain left, and that's a huge gain. I already got more than I deserve out of it.

Now, since there is a God in heaven (heh, heh), I don't believe that. He's told me I will get up off my ass and see the Chinese Wall again. That's 10 days to 2 weeks walking back up in there to that escarpment on the Great Divide, And I will cling to that. Some day I will be there again, at least once more... And there are only two means of doing that... A'horseback, or on these two feets. Either way is fine by me.  happy77

@roamer_1

Not true. There is also 3 and 4 wheelers. I suspect you  may dislike that concept even more than I do,but it IS an option if all else fails,and believe it or not,but *I* am one of those people who fill themselves with hope when that is all that is left. Getting there to suck in the peace,quiet,and the beauty is more important than HOW you get there.

And,who knows,just being able to get there at some time in the near future on a 3 wheeler just might inspire you to work a miracle or two?

Yeah,it sucks to even think about the noise disturbing the solitude of those areas,but you can turn the damn thing off once you  get there. The important thing is getting there and sucking in the beauty and peace of nature,not how you  arrived.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3248 on: September 23, 2023, 10:58:01 pm »

I am glad to hear @roamer_1 that you are not in pain! Your surgery hasn't been that long ago. There is no doubt in my mind that if you want to go  China, the holler or down by the creek to fish...you will do it! Now riding a horse...that's a different matter. :rolling:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3249 on: September 23, 2023, 11:02:25 pm »

I am glad to hear @roamer_1 that you are not in pain! Your surgery hasn't been that long ago. There is no doubt in my mind that if you want to go  China, the holler or down by the creek to fish...you will do it! Now riding a horse...that's a different matter. :rolling:

I'm pretty darned sure that @roamer_1 will do whatever he puts his mind to doing @berdie . He'll figure out a way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien