Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 538157 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #3175 on: September 05, 2023, 03:13:42 am »
so long as it was humane.  :shrug:

It's a different picture for rural life. I know I see it different from most of y'all.
Someone else's cat, there's a claim, and a different story...  BUT a feral, or his own, don't see why the Law is involved.
"

Agreed, a while back some busy bodies got hot under the collar about other countries killing and eating dogs. I didn't see a problem with it, leave them alone. If a person raises dogs to eat here in the US, it is their business IMHO.

Back in the day we had "barn cats" that lived to keep the rat population down in the barn, when their population got to high, we shot them.

OMGGGGGGG  :MiniGun:  buh bye  ***hair on fire  8888madkitty 9999what

It was just country living. Of course we had a pet or two, but we had farm animals and cats were part of the ecosystem.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3176 on: September 05, 2023, 04:57:34 am »
It was just country living. Of course we had a pet or two, but we had farm animals and cats were part of the ecosystem.

Yeah. There's a different definition for 'pet' that folks don't  get I guess... many things are working animals, many are meant for harvest... and while they're all loved after a fashion, and cared for,, they're gonna have one bad day. And that day is comin, sure enough.

Sets different expectations on most things... Exceptions for us being dogs, horses, milk cows, house cats, and to some degree, barn cats. all of those tend to have long life on the ranch... with dogs, horses and house cats very likely to die of old age. everybody else has an expiration date - either by harvest or by nature.  :shrug:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3177 on: September 05, 2023, 01:15:38 pm »
From the  :poohappen: files ...

Delta flight forced into emergency landing by passenger’s diarrhea: ‘This is a biohazard’
By Marjorie Hernandez   
September 4, 2023 3:32pm

It was a crappy situation.

A Delta flight from Atlanta to Barcelona was forced to turn around and make an emergency landing after a passenger “had diarrhea all the way through the plane.”

The Airbus A350 aircraft was two hours into a trans-Atlantic flight from Georgia to Spain on Friday when the pilot asked to come back because of the fecal fiasco. ... NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3178 on: September 05, 2023, 02:26:09 pm »
The San Francisco of airplane flights.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3179 on: September 05, 2023, 02:31:21 pm »

Delta flight forced into emergency landing by passenger’s diarrhea: ‘This is a biohazard’
By Marjorie Hernandez   

A Delta flight from Atlanta to Barcelona was forced to turn around and make an emergency landing after a passenger “had diarrhea all the way through the plane.”

The Airbus A350 aircraft was two hours into a trans-Atlantic flight from Georgia to Spain on Friday when the pilot asked to come back because of the fecal fiasco. ... NY Post

Reminds me of a Knoxville bit in one of his movies.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYJjR3dd1I8
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3180 on: September 05, 2023, 03:00:41 pm »

By Marjorie Hernandez   

Well, $hit happens.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3181 on: September 05, 2023, 03:05:20 pm »
Sounds like something Joe Biden would do on AF1

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3182 on: September 05, 2023, 03:32:03 pm »
Sounds like something Joe Biden would do has done a zillion times on AF1
Fixed it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3183 on: September 05, 2023, 04:14:04 pm »

By Marjorie Hernandez   

My dog Chewy did that to the laundry room one time... 3ft up the wall all around, and the entire floor, not to mention most of himself... I seriously thought about lighting a match and burning the place down...

Online Wingnut

« Reply #3184 on: September 05, 2023, 05:16:53 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3185 on: September 05, 2023, 09:05:46 pm »
I've skinned a whole lot of critters, including cats. Ain't no abuse about it so long as the critter was properly dispatched.

@roamer_1

So,you would have no problem killing,skinning,and  eating a loyal pet?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3186 on: September 05, 2023, 09:14:30 pm »
so long as it was humane.  :shrug:

It's a different picture for rural life. I know I see it different from most of y'all.
Someone else's cat, there's a claim, and a different story...  BUT a feral, or his own, don't see why the Law is involved.

@roamer_1

I have seen my share of feral cats. Almost always former pets that  were taken to the island I live on and abandoned. They  tend to stay feral because they no longer trust humans,but it is still in their nature to hang around close and eat the local mice and other varmits that are their natural prey.

On the other hand,I have two of the nicest cats that were ever born living right here in the house with me that were abandoned house cats someone dumped off on the island because "cats are natural predators and can  always survive".

This is NOT true of cats that have lived inside their whole lives and been fed canned and bagged cat food. I came home from somewhere in both cases to find them trying to hide behind wind-blown grass,and trembling with fear. I walked right up to each  one  on  each  occasion,and  just picked them up and took them into the house.

They are super affectionate,and one even got between me and the rescue squad one night when they came to the house to take me to the hospital,and spit and snarled at the EMT's. I had to calm her down before they could get to me. VERY small "Sylvester" female cat that MIGHT weigh 5 lbs,and she was going to take on a 200+ lb EMT to protect me.

Or at least pretend to take him on in an  effort to scare him away. Happily,neither  me or the EMT had to  find out how serious she was  after  I petted her to  calm her down and then put her in another room.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 09:15:58 pm by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3187 on: September 05, 2023, 09:58:12 pm »
@roamer_1

So,you would have no problem killing,skinning,and  eating a loyal pet?

Nope. Not if I'm hungry enough... though I would have to be pretty dang hungry... And that is a pretty unlikely scenario - Something other is bound to come along. I won't be that hungry, because I'll be poaching long before I'd kill and eat my dog or my horse.

ETA: Not that I now have either a dog or a horse...😢
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 10:01:52 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3188 on: September 05, 2023, 10:11:29 pm »

I have seen my share of feral cats. Almost always former pets that  were taken to the island I live on and abandoned. They  tend to stay feral because they no longer trust humans,but it is still in their nature to hang around close and eat the local mice and other varmits that are their natural prey.

I know @sneakypete ... I have too. I made my bones as a hunter and trapper getting rid of varmints for farmers and ranchers... Among them, feral cats that can become a blight, bringing disease and parasites to barn and house cats. So I removed them.

That said, we have also had cats walk in and become exemplary and long lived barn cats. we've nursed young feral cats back from the brink of death, and have had feral mamma cats come get us to care for ailing kittens.

So it depends on the situation I guess. I ain't without mercy.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 10:12:29 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3189 on: September 05, 2023, 11:47:28 pm »
I know @sneakypete ... I have too. I made my bones as a hunter and trapper getting rid of varmints for farmers and ranchers... Among them, feral cats that can become a blight, bringing disease and parasites to barn and house cats. So I removed them.

That said, we have also had cats walk in and become exemplary and long lived barn cats. we've nursed young feral cats back from the brink of death, and have had feral mamma cats come get us to care for ailing kittens.

So it depends on the situation I guess. I ain't without mercy.

@roamer_1

I feed the stray cats abandoned behind the  dumpsters at a local shopping center every day. Found a new-born black kitten yesterday whose mama obviously dropped her off by the dumpsters hoping someone would rescue her. I say this because my experience with feral cats is they quickly abandon a kitten or two if they think they won't have enough milk to feed them all.

Also,it was obvious this newborn kitten  did NOT walk to the dumpster on her own. The kitten was laying in a little hole,and when I first spotted her,I was wondering "What is that black thing?" until I got the food and water all put out,and went to look,and damned if it wasn't a kitten. So tiny she was smaller than  the palm of my hand,and once I picked her up,she immediately  moved towards my half-folded fingers to warm up.

I drove to the nearest vet,and they were closed,so I drove to the next nearest vet 30 miles away,and damned if they weren't closed,too. I forgot all about memorial day.

Anyhow,I took her to a local farm woman who not only likes cats,but  needs a bunch  of them to keep the mice,snakes, and other varmits out of her grain bins. This woman has been through  this before,and had the special milk powder for new-born kittens,as well as knowing how to use it.

Hell,I even learned something. I had no idea that to get new-born  kittens to have  a bowel movement after eating/drinking the special milk,you have to take a moist rag and wipe  their butts with it. For some odd reason they won't have bowel movements and will die if you don't.

Called her around noon today,and she is working with her tractor with the kitten sleeping in her t-shirt pocket,and doing great according to  her.

I had planned on trapping (capture cage) all the young females I could find and getting them spayed  before this happened,but got sick and was unable to do it,so now I have bigger problems.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3190 on: September 06, 2023, 01:19:40 am »
@sneakypete being a softie for cats may be my favorite random thing about TBR.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3191 on: September 06, 2023, 04:17:42 pm »
Three-legged bear named ‘Tripod’ breaks into Florida home, guzzles ... wait for it ... three White Claws. Story at NY Post.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #3192 on: September 06, 2023, 04:35:37 pm »
Three-legged bear named ‘Tripod’ breaks into Florida home, guzzles ... wait for it ... three White Claws. Story at NY Post.

White Claw? 
Damn.  A Gen Z bear.

Jimmy Buffett would be rolling over in his grave :)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3193 on: September 06, 2023, 07:09:05 pm »
White Claw? 
Damn.  A Gen Z bear.

Jimmy Buffett would be rolling over in his grave :)
It's hard to make Margaritas when you don't have a leg to stand on. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3194 on: September 06, 2023, 07:37:19 pm »

If anyone can do it, it'd be Jimmy Buffet.  happy77

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3195 on: September 06, 2023, 08:42:43 pm »
If anyone can do it, it'd be Jimmy Buffet.  happy77
Yeah, he stepped on a pop top and blew out a flip-flop, but the booze was already in the blender... :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3196 on: September 06, 2023, 09:51:16 pm »
Yeah, he stepped on a pop top and blew out a flip-flop, but the booze was already in the blender... :shrug:

It's 5 o'clock somewhere...  :beer:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3197 on: September 06, 2023, 09:59:15 pm »
Always! :beer:

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3198 on: September 06, 2023, 11:02:24 pm »
That's what the bear said.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3199 on: September 07, 2023, 03:34:53 am »

HA! Had to come back because I missed the pirate/pegleg reference...  :laugh: :beer:  :patriot: