Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 537944 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2950 on: November 23, 2021, 02:26:21 pm »
Woman tossed from church service after cilantro mistaken for weed
Churchgoer beseeches accusers to smell the plant to confirm she didn’t bring drugs into the place of worship.
Angela Stelmakowich
 Nov 22, 2021 
An Oklahoma woman is feeling anything but welcomed after she reports being kicked out of church for “weed” when, in fact, the green substance at issue was just cilantro.

In a recently posted TikTok video, which has since gone viral and is believed to be from the woman, she says she’s not looking to cause a fuss or gather sympathy. She’s just ticked that she was kicked out before any check was done to ensure the claim was, in fact, accurate. ...

In an interview with KOCO News, the woman reportedly said that she brought Menudo in a plastic bag with all the fixings, including onion, lime, cilantro and oregano. She and her sister planned to eat the meal at the church, as they had done before.

A church statement acknowledges the Nov. 14 incident involved “a person who was upset because the staff did not allow her to give a bag of food to a family member who is an inmate attending church services,” KOCO News reports.

The church is involved in a program that allows inmates to attend service. That said, inmates [I think they mean churchgoers] “are not allowed to give food items to the inmates to take back to correctional facilities,” it adds.   ...
some pro-MJ site called The Growth Op

I'm a cook, not a partaker of weed, but even I know marijuana doesn't look anything like this:

However, it appears the woman overreacted at least as much as people in the church.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2951 on: November 23, 2021, 02:57:29 pm »
As da Pastor seys,"Weeze gits high on da Lawd,not no wacky tabaccy!

Kin ah gets ah Amen?"

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2952 on: November 23, 2021, 03:31:13 pm »
I have done quite a bit of prison ministry with Residents Encounter Christ weekends, and there are VERY strict rules about what interactions are allowed with the inmates/residents. Any infraction at all can result in the shut down of the entire program if the warden decides to do so. At least for us, bringing food is a strict no-no, so it sounds like she was already pushing the limits.

Having said that, yeah, I would think one should be able to easily differentiate between weed and cilantro.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2953 on: November 25, 2021, 01:49:26 pm »
Dollar General Investigating After Store In McKeesport Had Santa Display With Gun
Customers at the store told KDKA that they were appalled by the decoration.
November 24, 2021 at 11:10 pm

MCKEESPORT, Pa. (KDKA) — A Santa Claus display is under fire in McKeesport after it was decorated with Jolly Old Saint Nick holding a gun and baton. ...

The Santa can also be seen in the picture wearing a necklace that reads. “Ho, Ho, Ho MF.”   ...

Full story at KDKA

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2954 on: November 25, 2021, 04:02:58 pm »
And Santa is black. Wonder why there was no mention of that?

Seems almost like the store manager is fed up,and WANTS to be fired,doesn't it?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2955 on: November 25, 2021, 04:04:41 pm »
And Santa is black. Wonder why there was no mention of that?
Well, it's McKeesport. I guess a white Santa would look out of place.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2956 on: November 25, 2021, 04:48:52 pm »
Well, it's McKeesport. I guess a white Santa would look out of place.  *****rollingeyes*****
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that if it had been a White Santa not a single damn would have been given?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2957 on: November 25, 2021, 06:48:25 pm »
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that if it had been a White Santa not a single damn would have been given?
It was the black folks in the neighborhood who reacted with outrage - some were interviewed on camera. They thought it sent a terrible message to children that Santa had a gun, not to mention the "MF" necklace.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2958 on: November 25, 2021, 09:34:01 pm »
It was the black folks in the neighborhood who reacted with outrage - some were interviewed on camera. They thought it sent a terrible message to children that Santa had a gun, not to mention the "MF" necklace.

@MountainMoment
I can see where the "MF" necklace would be a step too far.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #2959 on: November 25, 2021, 10:38:26 pm »
@MountainMoment
I can see where the "MF" necklace would be a step too far.

There is something wrong with a My Friend necklace? We used my friend as an alternative, among others, when we were doing work in somebodies lab instead at new construction sites.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2960 on: November 25, 2021, 10:43:33 pm »
There is something wrong with a My Friend necklace? 
@GtHawk

Hard to say. I don't know your friends.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #2961 on: November 25, 2021, 11:01:33 pm »
@GtHawk

Hard to say. I don't know your friends.
Ah Pete, ya don't need to know them, and they aren't really my friends. I have no doubt that you don't have to know someone to figure out they are a Mutha F****r, you could probably spot it at 25 yards at least :silly:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2962 on: November 25, 2021, 11:53:39 pm »
From England:
Teesside woman accused of exposing penis, using sex toy and masturbating in public
Chloe Thompson, 41, from Middlesbrough, has pleaded not guilty to the three charges
    by Georgia Banks
Gazette
    06:00, 25 Nov 2021  Updated 13:44, 25 Nov 2021
Okay, let's stop right there. Woman exposes whose penis? Hers? Well, then we're not talking about an actual woman, are we? Alright then, carry on:
A woman accused of indecent exposure, masturbating in public and using a sex toy in a public place, will stand trial early next year.

Chloe Thompson, of Borough Road, Middlesbrough, appeared at Teesside Magistrates' Court on Wednesday after denying the offences.

She is charged with committing a public nuisance by indecently exposing her penis to other members of the public, whilst masturbating from a property window.
There, now you've done it again. If this is a woman, it couldn't possibly be her penis she's exposing. Are the press somehow unaware that women do not have such body parts? 

Oh, here s/he is, trying to escape public scrutiny:

We'll wait to find out why this jackass is being referred to as a woman. Meanwhile, God save the Queen.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2963 on: November 26, 2021, 03:48:17 am »
It really is mind-boggling how adult reporters can't seem to understand something so basic that even 10 year olds "get it".

Online GtHawk

« Reply #2964 on: November 26, 2021, 05:16:30 am »
It really is mind-boggling how adult reporters can't seem to understand something so basic that even 10 year olds "get it".
Remember Kindergarten Cop, probably not but if they made it today you would never hear the kid say this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cs2pGXneA&ab_channel=Slydguitar

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2965 on: November 26, 2021, 02:46:41 pm »
Wait, this story gets even mo' better.
A transgender woman who was previously convicted of sexually assaulting a teenage girl, has been charged for allegedly exposing "her penis" to the public and masturbating from a property window. ...

Chloe Thompson, formerly Andrew McNab, is a sex offender convicted of carrying out a sexual assault on a teenage girl in 2011. Thompson was issued with a ten-year notification requirement order to alert authorities to Thompson's whereabouts and activities.

Earlier this year, Thompson violated the order for the 11th time since 2011. Thompson did so by creating an alias to go on TikTok, which is prohibited under the current guidelines of Thompson's legal penalty. ...
Post Millennial

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2966 on: November 29, 2021, 02:10:00 pm »
Woman At A Vegas Golden Knights Game Uses Her Fake Leg During A Brawl

A woman used her fake leg during a brawl in an insane video making the rounds online.

In a video tweeted by @hockey_db, a woman at the Vegas Golden Knights/Edmonton Oilers game popped off her prosthetic leg and swung it around during an altercation with some fellow fans.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/11/29/vegas-golden-knights-prosthetic-leg-fight-video/

------------

Gentleman do not let this one get away.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2967 on: November 29, 2021, 04:54:40 pm »
Woman At A Vegas Golden Knights Game Uses Her Fake Leg During A Brawl

A woman used her fake leg during a brawl in an insane video making the rounds online.

In a video tweeted by @hockey_db, a woman at the Vegas Golden Knights/Edmonton Oilers game popped off her prosthetic leg and swung it around during an altercation with some fellow fans.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/11/29/vegas-golden-knights-prosthetic-leg-fight-video/

------------

Gentleman do not let this one get away.

@Free Vulcan

No kidding. She's a real charmer. Could be useful if you lived near the border for smuggling,too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2968 on: November 29, 2021, 04:56:47 pm »
BTW,when did the Golden Knights become a sports team?

Last I heard,they were the official U.S. Army parachute team.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2969 on: November 29, 2021, 05:02:29 pm »
@Free Vulcan

No kidding. She's a real charmer. Could be useful if you lived near the border for smuggling,too.

@sneakypete

She would definitely have a leg up on that career choice.  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2970 on: November 29, 2021, 05:44:52 pm »
Was she ever married to Paul McCartney?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2971 on: December 06, 2021, 06:29:17 am »
Bomb squad called to ER after a patient turned up with a WWII artillery shell lodged in his rectum

Damn near killed him
Bomb disposal experts were called to a hospital in Gloucester, England after a man told doctors that there was a World War II anti-tank shell lodged inside of him, authorities said.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal team (EOD) arrived at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Wednesday morning after hearing that "a patient had presented with a munition in his rectum," a spokesperson for Gloucestershire Constabulary told Insider.

The item had already been removed by doctors by the time the bomb squad arrived, the spokesperson added, and the EOD confirmed that the shell was "not live" and "therefore not a danger to the public."

The Sun was first to report that the unnamed patient told doctors at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital that he "slipped and fell" on the two-inch-wide artillery shell.

https://news.yahoo.com/bomb-squad-called-er-patient-100800683.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2972 on: December 06, 2021, 08:56:52 am »
Bomb squad called to ER after a patient turned up with a WWII artillery shell lodged in his rectum

Damn near killed him
Bomb disposal experts were called to a hospital in Gloucester, England after a man told doctors that there was a World War II anti-tank shell lodged inside of him, authorities said.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal team (EOD) arrived at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Wednesday morning after hearing that "a patient had presented with a munition in his rectum," a spokesperson for Gloucestershire Constabulary told Insider.

The item had already been removed by doctors by the time the bomb squad arrived, the spokesperson added, and the EOD confirmed that the shell was "not live" and "therefore not a danger to the public."

The Sun was first to report that the unnamed patient told doctors at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital that he "slipped and fell" on the two-inch-wide artillery shell.

Lucky it was a 37mm or 47mm and not an  88...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

« Reply #2973 on: December 06, 2021, 04:11:00 pm »

Damn near killed him

Giving new meaning to the phrase 'blow it up your arse'.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2974 on: December 07, 2021, 02:44:51 am »
You just don't see headlines like that anymore.

I am temped to ask "WHY?" and "HOW" is got "there",but I am afraid he would tell me.