Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 538080 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2925 on: September 20, 2021, 09:30:45 pm »
Might be time for me to get new glasses. I thought he was arrested for LICKING  her down an escalator.

HAHAHAHAHA! I love getting old... The things I read, and the things people say...  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2926 on: September 21, 2021, 12:46:19 am »
HAHAHAHAHA! I love getting old... The things I read, and the things people say...  :beer: :seeya:
I just blame it on the bifocals.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2927 on: September 21, 2021, 01:28:52 am »
I'm not quite so enamored at getting old...because of the things I thought I read and the things I thought I heard people say  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2928 on: September 21, 2021, 01:52:18 am »
I'm not quite so enamored at getting old...because of the things I thought I read and the things I thought I heard people say  :shrug:

@GtHawk

The one thing that is essential when you start to get old is a sense of humor about yourself.

Don't ask me how I know this. I don't want to embarrass any neighbors.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2929 on: September 21, 2021, 08:24:43 am »

LOL! Nah... I know I don't hear it right... I don't remember now what she really said, but I got to hear my sainted mother tell my sister to go piss up a pipe... Of course those words would never enter her mind, not to mention leaving her tongue. But it still brings a giggle every time I think about it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2930 on: September 21, 2021, 08:26:49 am »
My sister heard 'In Purple Patootie' instead of 'in perpetuity' one time... That still cracks us both up. Now I use it all the time.

Offline verga

« Reply #2931 on: September 21, 2021, 11:29:14 am »
@GtHawk

The one thing that is essential when you start to get old is a sense of humor about yourself.

Don't ask me how I know this. I don't want to embarrass any neighbors.
MY mother and all of my friends parents are in the same age group (Over 85), and every single one of them has lost ALL of their filters. My mother is constantly saying things I would have got my mouth washed out with soap for, or grounded for a month. and then when you say something to them they reply, "Well it's  true."
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2932 on: September 21, 2021, 12:44:26 pm »
MY mother and all of my friends parents are in the same age group (Over 85), and every single one of them has lost ALL of their filters. My mother is constantly saying things I would have got my mouth washed out with soap for, or grounded for a month. and then when you say something to them they reply, "Well it's  true."

Know the drill. Several years ago  I was adjusting the pantry cabinets in my inlaws kitchen before floor remodeling, and my near blind and crippled Alzheimer mother in law, lumbered over to me and starting whacking me with her cane. Get up she yelled, you are not going to die on my clean floors.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2933 on: September 21, 2021, 12:46:37 pm »

@verga

Not much old wimmins love more than shocking their children and grandchildren. The grandchildren seem to handle it better than the children,though. Younger people and seniors seen ti have a better comic sense for the outrageous than middle-aged people.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2934 on: September 21, 2021, 03:13:14 pm »

Not to mention using terms that were common when they were younger but are now considered seriously politically incorrect.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2935 on: September 22, 2021, 04:43:47 am »
Not to mention using terms that were common when they were younger but are now considered seriously politically incorrect.
The sad thing is that no one considered them offensive then, but people have found ever more creative ways to be offended..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2936 on: October 08, 2021, 03:50:24 pm »
Curiously, not Florida Man. Pittsburgh man.
The man suspected of gunning down a mail carrier Thursday in Collier told investigators he believed the carrier had poisoned him, according to charges filed in federal court.

Eric Kortz, 53, of Pittsburgh, is charged with murder of an employee of the United States and possession of a firearm, court records show. ...

The complaint, filed by U.S. Postal Inspector Erik Bohin, said Kortz told investigators that he shot Vignone because he believed Vignone and his family had poisoned Kortz and his family with cyanide.

The complaint said Kortz told police that he and Vignone used to be neighbors.

According to investigators, Kortz said he was familiar with Vignone’s mail route and drove to where he was on Suburban Avenue to “put some bullets in him.” ...
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2937 on: October 09, 2021, 12:28:17 pm »
Man plunges nine stories from NJ high-rise, lands on BMW — and survives
By Natalie O'Neill and Reuven Fenton   
October 7, 2021 2:31pm
A man plunged nine stories from a high-rise in Jersey City, New Jersey, landed on a BMW — and miraculously survived, according to officials and a witness.

The 31-year-old  crashed through the roof of the black Beemer 330i parked below 26 Journal Square at 10:20 a.m. Wednesday, then stood up with his right arm  dangling at his side  and asked, “What happened?” onlooker Christina Smith, 21, told The Post. ...

She quickly called 911, then took jaw-dropping photos and videos of the aftermath, including graphic footage of the man screaming in pain with upper body injuries. The video also shows a face mask strap still dangling from the guy’s ear, despite falling roughly 100 feet.

According to one onlooker, the man popped up with a broken arm and asked, “What happened?”

The man, who jumped from an open window on the ninth floor, was rushed to a hospital by ambulance and was in critical condition Thursday, said Jersey City spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione. ...
Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert, speculated on Twitter the fellow's mask is what saved him.   :laugh:

Story and photos at NY Post

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2938 on: October 09, 2021, 12:47:38 pm »
Man plunges nine stories from NJ high-rise, lands on BMW — and survives
By Natalie O'Neill and Reuven Fenton   
October 7, 2021 2:31pmScott Adams, creator of Dilbert, speculated on Twitter the fellow's mask is what saved him.   :laugh:

Story and photos at NY Post

@mountaineer

Well,that,and the desire of the German car to seem to be unaggressive.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2939 on: October 15, 2021, 03:51:35 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong @ stillgray.substack.com
@stillgray
·
48m
Teen Vogue is teaching teens how to have anal sex and it’s referring to women as “non-prostate owners.”

11:02 AM · Oct 15, 2021

Just shoot me now.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2940 on: October 15, 2021, 05:55:14 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong @ stillgray.substack.com
@stillgray
·
48m
Teen Vogue is teaching teens how to have anal sex and it’s referring to women as “non-prostate owners.”

11:02 AM · Oct 15, 2021
Being a decades long owner of a prostate, and not be of the Buttjigger persuasion, I can state categorically that never once did I received pleasure or enjoyment during a prostate exam  **nononono* **nononono* :

Just shoot me now.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2941 on: October 15, 2021, 06:06:10 pm »
I think it's racist, bigoted, homophobic, transphobic and anti-woman - and enormously triggering - to refer to women as non-prostate owners, when they could just as easily refer to men as non-uterus owners.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2942 on: October 15, 2021, 06:32:46 pm »
I think it's racist, bigoted, homophobic, transphobic and anti-woman - and enormously triggering - to refer to women as non-prostate owners, when they could just as easily refer to men as non-uterus owners.

I personally don't see anything wrong with referring to men as men and women as women.

You know, the XY XX thing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2943 on: October 15, 2021, 07:17:11 pm »
I personally don't see anything wrong with referring to men as men and women as women.

You know, the XY XX thing.

IOW @Bigun , a little thing we like to call 'reality'.  :beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2944 on: October 15, 2021, 07:25:22 pm »
IOW @Bigun , a little thing we like to call 'reality'.  :beer:

Yeah! Exactly!   :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #2945 on: October 15, 2021, 07:29:35 pm »
I'm sure I was sheltered in my teen years...but I would not have had a clue what a prostate was...much less if I owned one. :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2946 on: October 15, 2021, 07:42:40 pm »

OR, we could just forget all this silly nonsense altogether and call them men and women, as has been the case across the breadth of history among Hoomin Beans.

It ain't that complicated.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2947 on: October 15, 2021, 07:46:58 pm »
I hope you know I was kidding about the non-uterus thing and being triggered.
 There's male and female. That's it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2948 on: October 15, 2021, 07:50:28 pm »

Of course.  :beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2949 on: October 15, 2021, 07:55:46 pm »

There is an art to being facetious @mountaineer and you are good at it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien