Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 537988 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2750 on: February 26, 2021, 04:00:12 pm »
Well the dog walker was shot in the process too.
Definitely a federal case!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2751 on: February 26, 2021, 04:28:51 pm »
Definitely a federal case!
If there is a ransom attempt, maybe.

(Seriously? Kidnap dogs over her singing at Biden's installation? Who watched that crap anyway?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2752 on: February 26, 2021, 04:57:20 pm »
Well the dog walker was shot in the process too.

@catfish1957

Yes,but the shooting is barely mentioned. Kidnapping GaGa's dogs is the headline.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2753 on: February 26, 2021, 04:59:21 pm »
If there is a ransom attempt, maybe.

(Seriously? Kidnap dogs over her singing at Biden's installation? Who watched that crap anyway?)

@Smokin Joe

Truthfully,I didn't even know anybody sang,or that the inauguration was public. I thought he was already being kept concealed in a special box to protect him and nobody was allowed to see or speak to him,even back then.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2754 on: February 26, 2021, 05:05:15 pm »
Just another bullshit attempt by the media to paint all people who disagree with their specific point of view as being the same as their Antifa stormtroopers. They want so badly for nice, polite, civilized people on the Right to be violently, criminally aggressive, like they are, that they just 'make it up' whenever they can. This accusation is pure propaganda nonsense. It is a Leftist fantasy, which of course they had no problem publishing to the worldwide media.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2755 on: February 26, 2021, 05:44:04 pm »
Just another bullshit attempt by the media to paint all people who disagree with their specific point of view as being the same as their Antifa stormtroopers. They want so badly for nice, polite, civilized people on the Right to be violently, criminally aggressive, like they are, that they just 'make it up' whenever they can. This accusation is pure propaganda nonsense. It is a Leftist fantasy, which of course they had no problem publishing to the worldwide media.
The problem is, as with any Big Lie, if they say it often enough people will believe it, at least until they realize 'that is ME they are talking about!'.

Some will be cowed by that nonsense, but frankly, like being called a 'racist' because of my skin color, it either wears out and has no effect on me, or it makes people angry that they are being so summarily, callously, and recklessly mischaracterized.

I, for one, am sick of being called and accused names appropriate for what the Left is doing and I am not, while they get lauded for their behaviour. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #2756 on: March 02, 2021, 02:17:47 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2757 on: March 02, 2021, 02:32:21 am »

@corbe

Do they have any sort of explanation for why they are doing this?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2758 on: March 02, 2021, 02:34:18 am »
WTH

Offline corbe

« Reply #2759 on: March 02, 2021, 02:40:55 am »
@corbe

You mean to tell me @sneakypete you never hung out at the methadone clinic parking lot in the mornings to 'swap spit' with a pretty junkie, they never swallow (much).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 02:43:20 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2760 on: March 02, 2021, 03:04:32 am »

You mean to tell me @sneakypete you never hung out at the methadone clinic parking lot in the mornings to 'swap spit' with a pretty junkie, they never swallow (much).

@corbe

Nope! I gotta admit,that one slipped by me,even though I was a "hit it and get it" guy from the 70's until,well,tomorrow. I can't remember even giving a female I met casually my real name,never mind tell her where I lived or worked.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2761 on: March 02, 2021, 03:35:15 am »
@corbe

I think the objective is to cut down on the needles all over...

C S Lewis

Offline Lincolncollector

« Reply #2762 on: March 11, 2021, 08:58:05 pm »
I heard today on Fox News that the House Democrats are looking to declare pronouns and any other reference to gender as "illegal" or something to be condemned. This has to do with pleasing the "LBGT community" with is offended by any references to gender. I guess everyone is now an "it" these days or better still "a comrade."

An exclusive private school in New York City sent a memo to parents telling them "mom" and "dad" are unacceptable. Now they are "family members." I guess we are headed toward that village that Hillary Clinton called for years ago in the raising of children.

"Merry Christmas" is also unacceptable, which has been true for a while. Now you must say, "Happy Holidays" or "Have a nice winter break."

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2763 on: March 13, 2021, 03:51:28 am »
I heard today on Fox News that the House Democrats are looking to declare pronouns and any other reference to gender as "illegal" or something to be condemned. This has to do with pleasing the "LBGT community" with is offended by any references to gender. I guess everyone is now an "it" these days or better still "a comrade."

An exclusive private school in New York City sent a memo to parents telling them "mom" and "dad" are unacceptable. Now they are "family members." I guess we are headed toward that village that Hillary Clinton called for years ago in the raising of children.

"Merry Christmas" is also unacceptable, which has been true for a while. Now you must say, "Happy Holidays" or "Have a nice winter break."
Just call them idiots. Idiots might not be bright enough to be offended, although there is always some halfwit in the wings who will be offended for them.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2764 on: March 13, 2021, 05:43:54 am »
Just call them idiots.

I think a more expressive and descriptive expletive should be employed, myself. No sense in being polite about it.  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2765 on: March 13, 2021, 05:44:59 am »
I think a more expressive and descriptive expletive should be employed, myself. No sense in being polite about it.  :whistle:
No matter what you say, they will have a fit. Just as soon not get the church ladies in on it... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2766 on: March 13, 2021, 05:54:41 am »
No matter what you say, they will have a fit. Just as soon not get the church ladies in on it... :shrug:

I am the sort to let it all hang out in such a situation. Better to apologize than ask permission... And most of the church ladies I know would titter and give me a pat on the way by for speaking truth... After a suitable apology for losing my patience.

Offline Lincolncollector

« Reply #2767 on: March 13, 2021, 12:31:24 pm »
When you think about it, all of this fuss about gender based pronouns might come down to a few questions.

Are the members of the LGBT community ashamed of what they are? Are they offended because because the use of a gender based pronouns makes them feel inferior? I remember when gay people talked about "gay pride." Has that now become unacceptable?

This foolishness is one more example of the "Throw it up on the wall and see if it sticks" school of politics. If it does stick, it represents one more way to control behavior and thoughts and destroy western civilization. That's what these people want, and the time has come to shout and emphatic NO! to them. The time has come for decent people to rise up and oppose the rule of political correctness before it destroys our lives.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #2768 on: March 26, 2021, 04:26:03 pm »
Under Biden, I think at least some public school systems will be encouraged to adopt this and kids will have to comply.Colleges certainly.

Of course, there are plenty of states under Republican control, and they could use the power of the budget to stop this nonsense. But as usual, they'll complain a lot and do nothing.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 04:28:51 pm by mikezpen »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2769 on: March 27, 2021, 02:51:30 pm »
‘Now we close the doggie door at night’; South Carolina woman finds coyote in her kitchen
by: Scottie Kay, Nexstar Media Wire
Posted: Mar 27, 2021 / 07:14 AM CDT   / Updated: Mar 27, 2021 / 07:14 AM CDT   
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – A South Carolina woman recently had a surprise guest in her kitchen.

“One of my dogs came through here, and he started barking and looking all over, like there was a mouse or something,” Sandie Ferguson said as she walked through her kitchen.

Ferguson is a dog-lover. She has two pups of her own and decorates her home with dog-themed art. But the kind of “dog” she got a surprise visit from last weekend was a coyote. She told WSPA he came through a doggie door and pinned himself in the corner of her breakfast room.  ...

When police got there, she said they used dog toys and were able to get the coyote back out the same doggie door he came in. ...

Full story

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2770 on: March 27, 2021, 02:55:44 pm »
‘Now we close the doggie door at night’; South Carolina woman finds coyote in her kitchen
by: Scottie Kay, Nexstar Media Wire
Posted: Mar 27, 2021 / 07:14 AM CDT   / Updated: Mar 27, 2021 / 07:14 AM CDT   
Full story

Small breed dogs are like caviar to coyotes. No doubt it thought it had a meal.

Probably wasn't a good idea to coax that critter out.  Coyotes are the 3rd most prevalant carriers of rabies, behind bats and skunks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 02:57:32 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2771 on: March 27, 2021, 04:06:02 pm »
Small breed dogs are like caviar to coyotes. No doubt it thought it had a meal.

Probably wasn't a good idea to coax that critter out.  Coyotes are the 3rd most prevalant carriers of rabies, behind bats and skunks.

@catfish1957

Probably because they eat skunks,bats,and anything else that doesn't eat them first.

I have been told that coyote's are VERY smart animals,but everything has to eat,no matter how smart it is.

Unfortunately for them,they are genetically inclined to wander instead of settle down and be tamed,so that is what they do.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2772 on: March 27, 2021, 04:10:19 pm »
@catfish1957

Probably because they eat skunks,bats,and anything else that doesn't eat them first.

I have been told that coyote's are VERY smart animals,but everything has to eat,no matter how smart it is.

Unfortunately for them,they are genetically inclined to wander instead of settle down and be tamed,so that is what they do.

They hang around the Castle, but I haven't had to shoot any yet....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2773 on: March 27, 2021, 04:14:02 pm »
They hang around the Castle, but I haven't had to shoot any yet....

@Cyber Liberty

I am at the stage of life where I no longer kill anything that doesn't have to be killed,with the exception of poisonous snakes and rabid animals. I will go after both to keep them from getting away.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2774 on: March 27, 2021, 06:25:20 pm »
Fayetteville man receives last paycheck in oil-covered pennies dumped on his driveway
By Janice Yu
Published 3 days ago
FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - A Fayetteville man said his last paycheck from his former employer came in the form of over 90,000 oil- or grease-covered pennies dumped on his driveway.

Andreas Flaten said he left his job at A OK Walker Autoworks in November 2020. He said he was supposed to get his final paycheck, but was having difficulty getting it. ...

In mid-March, Flaten said he finally received the $915 he was owed, but it was not in the form he was expecting.

Flaten said he was leaving his home to go to the store when he noticed the pile of oil-covered pennies. He said on top of the pile was an envelope that said "f--- you" and contained his last paystub.  ...
FOX5Atlanta