Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 538143 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2325 on: December 15, 2019, 11:30:49 pm »
I am really starting to foster an extreme extreme dislike of animal rights activist. 

Just think if every $ wasted at PETA and ASPCA was re-directed to local pet shelters.  Now that's a Christmas wish.
For the most part it is best to keep your charity local. We give to St Jude's and a couple of other larger outfits, but most goes locally.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2326 on: December 16, 2019, 01:20:38 pm »
For the most part it is best to keep your charity local. We give to St Jude's and a couple of other larger outfits, but most goes locally.

I give to St Jude’s too, but I agree with local.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2327 on: December 16, 2019, 01:55:56 pm »
Man posted photos of himself with stacks of cash after stealing from bank, charges say

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/12/man-posted-photos-of-himself-with-stacks-of-cash-after-stealing-from-bank-charges-say/

A newly unsealed criminal indictment says a North Carolina man who posted photos on social media of himself posing with stacks of cash is now facing theft, embezzlement and fraud charges.

Henderson is accused of stealing more than $88,000 from a vault at a Charlotte bank where he worked, the release says.

News outlets, including the Charlotte Observer, have published photos that reportedly show Henderson posing with large sums of cash. The release says Henderson posted photos of himself holding stacks of cash in July and August.

He allegedly took tens-of-thousands of dollars in cash over the course of 18 or more occasions this year and used some of the money as a $20,000 cash down payment on a 2019 Mercedes-Benz.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2328 on: December 16, 2019, 02:15:48 pm »
used some of the money as a $20,000 cash down payment on a 2019 Mercedes-Benz.
Nothing suspicious about that!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2329 on: December 16, 2019, 02:37:00 pm »
You would think a person who commits a crime would keep quiet about it.  Did this guy really think law enforcement doesn't follow social media?  Or did he want to get caught?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2330 on: December 16, 2019, 02:42:30 pm »
You would think a person who commits a crime would keep quiet about it.  Did this guy really think law enforcement doesn't follow social media?  Or did he want to get caught?

@Applewood

Can you say "AA Quota Hire"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2331 on: December 16, 2019, 02:46:19 pm »
@Applewood

Can you say "AA Quota Hire"?

@sneakypete

Maybe.  But I see this kind of behavior in people of all ethnic backgrounds.  I guess arrogance and stupidity know no skin color. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2332 on: December 16, 2019, 02:51:07 pm »
@sneakypete

Maybe.  But I see this kind of behavior in people of all ethnic backgrounds.  I guess arrogance and stupidity know no skin color.

@Applewood

Exactly! A feeb is a feeb,and a feeb is an AA hire.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 03:24:36 pm by sneakypete »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2333 on: December 16, 2019, 09:00:50 pm »
Creditors want to exhume body of cryptocurrency boss who died with passwords
By James Rogers | Fox News
Dec. 16, 2019

Lawyers representing users of the collapsed QuadrigaCX cryptocurrency exchange want Canadian authorities to exhume the body of the company’s founder amid ongoing controversy over the firm’s demise.

Gerald Cotten, the 30-year-old founder of QuadrigaCX, died in India on Dec. 9, 2018, due to complications from Crohn’s disease, according to a sworn affidavit by his wife following his death. Cotten’s body was reportedly brought back to his native Canada for burial.

At the time of his death, Cotten was the only person with the passwords to access the customers' funds. ...

Cotten’s death left customers unable to access more than $160 million in funds and controversy still swirls around the company and its founder.  ...
Full story
It's not that they want to see whether the passwords were buried with him. They seem to doubt he died at all.  :pondering:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2334 on: December 16, 2019, 10:09:27 pm »
Full story
It's not that they want to see whether the passwords were buried with him. They seem to doubt he died at all.  :pondering:

I'm glad you explained that.  I was thinking, how do they suppose to elicit passwords from a dead guy?   :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2335 on: December 16, 2019, 10:39:36 pm »
I have always heard "There is a fool born every minute",but it sounds like that number needs to be raised considerably.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2336 on: December 17, 2019, 04:13:47 pm »
It's a sad story, it's ridiculous that this would happen too.

California groom, 30, is beaten to death with baseball bats at his reception by 'wedding crasher brothers' as he tried to protect guests
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7801573/Groom-beaten-death-reception-wedding-crasher-brothers.html

There's details but the headline is basically the story, those who killed apparently did not even know who the groom was.  Pointless violence barring any unforeseen details that show this was more than about crashing a party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2337 on: December 17, 2019, 04:24:36 pm »
What California needs is a new Bat Control and Confiscation Law so that senseless tragedies like this can never happen again!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2338 on: December 17, 2019, 09:18:27 pm »
What California needs is a new Bat Control and Confiscation Law so that senseless tragedies like this can never happen again!
That would be awesome, if we could get rid of old bats like Pelosi, Feinstein, waters............Oh, not the kind of bats you were talking about?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2339 on: December 17, 2019, 11:21:46 pm »
That would be awesome, if we could get rid of old bats like Pelosi, Feinstein, waters............Oh, not the kind of bats you were talking about?

@GtHawk

I'm flexible on this issue,and willing to go either or both ways.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2340 on: December 17, 2019, 11:44:58 pm »
Umpteenth reminder that we never know how long we have on this earth.
A Georgia man is facing charges after a tire flew off his truck and hit the head of a woman who was walking her dog — killing her in a “freak accident,” authorities said.

Brian Seth Carmichael, 25, of Fort Valley, was driving his 2003 Dodge Ram pickup late Sunday when one of its tires somehow got loose and shot 400 yards from an overhead bridge into a trailer park below, Houston County Sheriff’s Lt. Kent Bankston told The Post.

The tire struck Kimberly Touchton, 22, who was walking her dog at the time near Georgia State Route 49 and Highway 11. She was likely unaware what hit her, Bankston said.

“It severed her spine,” Bankston said. “It broke her neck and although they did attempt life-saving measures out there on the scene, she was dead when they got to the hospital. I don’t think she even knew what hit her.” ...
Full story

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2341 on: December 17, 2019, 11:55:16 pm »
It's a sad story, it's ridiculous that this would happen too.

There's details but the headline is basically the story, those who killed apparently did not even know who the groom was.  Pointless violence barring any unforeseen details that show this was more than about crashing a party.
Sounds like a classic 'mob hit' from the 50s.
The attackers may not have known the groom, but likely somebody who sent them there did.
I would guess that there is a deeper side to this story.
The story seems too stupid and too random to be completely random.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2342 on: December 18, 2019, 12:01:31 am »
Umpteenth reminder that we never know how long we have on this earth.Full story

Wheel in the sky keeps on turning...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2343 on: December 18, 2019, 12:08:06 am »
In the same vein as the young woman struck by a tire from 400 yards away is the story about the architect walking along a NYC street when part of a building fell on her and killed her. It must be freak accident week.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2344 on: December 18, 2019, 12:10:56 am »
Oh, the humanity!
Tractor carrying 17 tons of M&Ms crashes, shuts down interstate
By Tamar Lapin
December 16, 2019 | 10:15pm

...  A tractor-trailer carrying 17 tons of M&Ms crashed in Tennessee last week, spilling some candy and shutting down an interstate for hours.

The sticky situation started when the driver swerved to avoid hitting something on the exit ramp of Interstate 40 at around 5:30 a.m. Friday, the Knoxville Sentinel reported. ...
Story at NY Post

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2345 on: December 18, 2019, 12:39:48 am »
Oh, the humanity!
Tractor carrying 17 tons of M&Ms crashes, shuts down interstate
By Tamar Lapin
December 16, 2019 | 10:15pm

...  A tractor-trailer carrying 17 tons of M&Ms crashed in Tennessee last week, spilling some candy and shutting down an interstate for hours.

The sticky situation started when the driver swerved to avoid hitting something on the exit ramp of Interstate 40 at around 5:30 a.m. Friday, the Knoxville Sentinel reported. ...
Story at NY Post

This is precisely why there is always a #2 scoop shovel in the back of my truck  happy77

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2346 on: December 18, 2019, 02:59:30 pm »
Brentwood woman receives more than a dozen packages that weren’t hers from FedEx

A woman from Brentwood received more than a dozen packages that weren’t hers from Fed Ex.

Rose Stack said, "There's probably Christmas presents in there and things people need."

Stack said it took a week for the company to respond to her request to pick up the packages.

More, including video of interview with Miss Stack at:

https://www.wtae.com/article/fed-ex-package-mix-up/30263414

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2347 on: December 18, 2019, 03:15:43 pm »
Brentwood woman receives more than a dozen packages that weren’t hers from FedEx

More, including video of interview with Miss Stack at:

https://www.wtae.com/article/fed-ex-package-mix-up/30263414

So that's where my stuff went!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2348 on: December 20, 2019, 03:44:40 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

BNO News
@BNONews
·
14h
WATCH: The moment a pickup truck crashes into Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport in Florida; the driver has a history of DUIs and was seriously injured
(Video)

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1207829679572426752 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/2019/12/19/video-shows-sarasota-bradenton-international-airport-truck-crash/2700635001/

How anyone could drive like that is beyond me but one is under the influence, I guess it could happen.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2349 on: December 20, 2019, 04:42:46 pm »
In the spirit of Christmas.    :rolling:    This one had me laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks.   

Dad orders wrong inflatable Santa, watches it inflate to the size of his two-story house

Santa Claus is comin’ to town — and he’s looming ominously over an English man’s home.

Matty James, 32, is now the proud owner of a 25-foot inflatable Santa decoration after accidentally ordering the wrong item on eBay around “a month ago.”

James, from Southport, was reportedly expecting an 8-foot-tall Santa, and only became aware of his mistake once he started inflating.

“I remember thinking it looked weird and then all of a sudden, once I started putting the air in it, it kept growing and growing,” James said, according to The Sun. “I did wonder if it was ever going to stop.”

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/dad-orders-wrong-inflatable-santa
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.