Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 538059 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2050 on: July 30, 2019, 12:36:32 pm »
West Mifflin, PA: Woman urinates on potatoes in the Wal-Mart produce aisle, still at large
I just watched the local Pittsburgh TV coverage of this story. Good grief. I've shopped at that Walmart. In fact, I was there last Tuesday, but not to buy produce!  **nononono*

I think that's what you might call "peetatoes."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 02:00:28 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2051 on: July 30, 2019, 02:48:54 pm »
@mountaineer

It's a shame that Walmart has been getting such bad publicity lately.   People are starting to think that the stores are infested with lowlifes, gangbangers and weird people. and I fear many Walmarts  will lose business.  The store in West Mifflin that you mentioned is in an ok area, but it brings in bad people by some rather good bus service.  Now the one closest to me has only very sparse bus service and it requires a good bit of walking between the store and the closest bus stop.  So I have yet to see anyone there that would make me apprehensive to shop at that store. 

You and I are not lowlifes.  We shop at Walmart for groceries and maybe some other things.  Since I retired, I don't get dressed up much.  So I buy my casual wear there.  Why pay large amounts of money for, say, jeans at some upscale store when a pair from Walmart do nicely?  But when I tell people I shop at Walmart, they give me a rather disapproving look  as if to say, why are you shopping with all the low class people?  and more recently, I get, "aren't you afraid to shop at Walmart?" -- because of the recent crimes at some Walmart stores.

I think Walmart had better beef up security or their stores are going to end up like many of the shopping malls.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2052 on: July 30, 2019, 03:17:43 pm »
@mountaineer

It's a shame that Walmart has been getting such bad publicity lately.   People are starting to think that the stores are infested with lowlifes, gangbangers and weird people. and I fear many Walmarts  will lose business.  The store in West Mifflin that you mentioned is in an ok area, but it brings in bad people by some rather good bus service.  Now the one closest to me has only very sparse bus service and it requires a good bit of walking between the store and the closest bus stop.  So I have yet to see anyone there that would make me apprehensive to shop at that store. 

You and I are not lowlifes.  We shop at Walmart for groceries and maybe some other things.  Since I retired, I don't get dressed up much.  So I buy my casual wear there.  Why pay large amounts of money for, say, jeans at some upscale store when a pair from Walmart do nicely?  But when I tell people I shop at Walmart, they give me a rather disapproving look  as if to say, why are you shopping with all the low class people?  and more recently, I get, "aren't you afraid to shop at Walmart?" -- because of the recent crimes at some Walmart stores.

I think Walmart had better beef up security or their stores are going to end up like many of the shopping malls.

@Applewood

Maybe they can talk their Chinese masters into sending a platoon or two of Red Army troops to each of their China Outlet Stores to provide security? THAT would get the gangbangers high-stepping in a hurry!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2053 on: July 30, 2019, 03:30:01 pm »
@Applewood

Maybe they can talk their Chinese masters into sending a platoon or two of Red Army troops to each of their China Outlet Stores to provide security? THAT would get the gangbangers high-stepping in a hurry!

@sneakypete

Oh I knew you or some other anti-Walmart member here would make a crack about Walmart's Chinese-made goods.  Well, if you want to buy your American made casual clothes at some retailer that will charge you an arm and a leg, you have my permission. 

:tongue2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2054 on: July 30, 2019, 03:38:54 pm »
@sneakypete

Oh I knew you or some other anti-Walmart member here would make a crack about Walmart's Chinese-made goods.  Well, if you want to buy your American made casual clothes at some retailer that will charge you an arm and a leg, you have my permission. 

:tongue2:

@Applewood

Just stop whining about the Chinese taking over when you furnish them with the money and access.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:50:03 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2055 on: July 30, 2019, 03:55:20 pm »
@Applewood

Just stop whining about the Chinese taking over when you furnish them with the money and access.

@sneakypete

Well, dear, many products are made overseas because, thanks mostly to greedy unions, companies figured out if they wanted to make a profit and stay in business, they would have to have them made in other countries where production costs less.  Don't blame me for buying merchandise made in China or elsewhere.  In some cases, you can't find American made anymore and what little there is costs a fortune.  Maybe you are sitting on a pile of cash and can afford $100 jeans.    I can't and even if I could, I'm not going to spend that much on several yards of denim. 

If you want to complain, complain to the manufacturers and the unions which drove manufacturing away from the US.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:01:16 pm by Mod1 »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2056 on: July 30, 2019, 04:05:16 pm »
I'm trying to blame the Chinese for this trashy woman urinating on the potatoes, but just can't figure out how to do it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2057 on: July 30, 2019, 04:16:17 pm »
I'm trying to blame the Chinese for this trashy woman urinating on the potatoes, but just can't figure out how to do it.

:silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2058 on: July 30, 2019, 04:41:50 pm »
@sneakypete

Well, dear, many products are made overseas because, thanks mostly to greedy unions, companies figured out if they wanted to make a profit and stay in business, they would have to have them made in other countries where production costs less.  Don't blame me for buying merchandise made in China or elsewhere.

@Applewood

Why? Is someone forcing you to buy that junk crap against your will?

Or are you one of those "Me,Me,ME,DAMMIT!" people who think the world revolves around them,and what is good for them is good for the world.

I suspect the second question is the correct one. It fits in with your "I hate Trump and don't care if him losing the election results in the destruction of America because I am more important than any mere country!" POV.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2059 on: July 30, 2019, 04:44:31 pm »

I agree with @Sanguine    :beer: to both of you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2060 on: July 30, 2019, 05:07:55 pm »
@Applewood

Or are you one of those "Me,Me,ME,DAMMIT!" people who think the world revolves around them,and what is good for them is good for the world.

I suspect the second question is the correct one. It fits in with your "I hate Trump and don't care if him losing the election results in the destruction of America because I am more important than any mere country!" POV.

@sneakypete

Nobody forces me to buy anything.  A lot of what I buy at Walmart is actually rather good.  In fact, I've bought some American made items that were more junk than similar items I've bought at Walmart.    American made does not mean better quality.   

And your "I hate Trump" BS is just that.  Trump's trade war temper tantrums have not and will not bring manufacturing jobs back to the US on the scale this country enjoyed earlier in my lifetime.  All it has done is drive manufacturers to other countries, wreck a few retirement nest eggs, cause companies here to go bankrupt or teeter on the edge and raise prices for the American consumer.  I don't "hate" Trump; I just don't fall for his baloney as you do.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2061 on: July 30, 2019, 05:45:52 pm »
@Applewood

@sneakypete

I'm not forced, nor brainwashed, to purchase goods at Walmart. I've shopped at Walmart for a good portion of my life. I was shopping at Walmart much before my wife began working(17yrs. now) at Sam's, a Walmart company. I'm not saying that they don't sell some junk. Most/All discount stores sell some junk, but not all their products are junk.

You do know the sayin' " let the buyer beware".

With stores in general, the quality of goods has been going down for a long time. Especially tools. More and more I look at the used/surplus market first, and even antique stores, before looking at what goes for a new tool these days. People are now buying cheap tools to get them thru the present task they are working on. Instead of tools that will last for a lifetime. Harbor Freight, for example. There may not be a single good tool in the whole store. Sure they sell many that may get you by for a while. And Now Northern Tool is just as bad. When they were named Northern Hydraulics they weren't too bad, but not anymore. Junk, junk, junk.  I was fitting out  gin poles for my 56 to pull the engine/trans out of the hunting camp bus. I went to Northern tool for chain and fittings. Sure they had plenty of graded chain. But they had ZERO graded fittings. It was all ungraded Chinese fittings. NO SALE.

MY son had a mechanic swap engines in his Vette with a 454 Crate engine. Afterward my son noticed a vibration he hadn't felt before. And then he got orders to Guam. We trailered the car home and later I found that the shop had used the orig harmonic balancer and flex plate. Well the pulled engine must of been internally balanced and the new one externally. As there are only a few bolts connecting the flex plate to the trans I wanted to go with new bolts. What an ordeal. I started with auto parts stores. The only bolts of that type were blister packed from China with no grading. I wouldn't of trusted them even if they were graded. You have heard all about counterfeit graded bolts from China, haven't you? So I went to several "Speed Centers" They were selling the same crap.  I ended up buying a box of 50 graded Johansen bolts from McMaster for cheaper than those Chinese blister packs were going for.

So don't go hard on Walmart without realizing its all around you.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2062 on: July 30, 2019, 05:50:42 pm »
This has nothing to do with the spud piddler, which is infinitely more interesting than all this Walmart-bashing, but Walmart always has tried to buy American-made products, where available. Unfortunately, it's hard to find them. We just don't make a lot of consumer goods in this country anymore. So Walmart either gets its shower curtains, coffeemakers and the like from foreign sources, or they stop selling them altogether.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2063 on: July 30, 2019, 07:27:01 pm »
@sneakypete

I'm not forced, nor brainwashed, to purchase goods at Walmart. I've shopped at Walmart for a good portion of my life. I was shopping at Walmart much before my wife began working(17yrs. now) at Sam's, a Walmart company. I'm not saying that they don't sell some junk. Most/All discount stores sell some junk, but not all their products are junk.

You do know the sayin' " let the buyer beware".

With stores in general, the quality of goods has been going down for a long time. Especially tools. More and more I look at the used/surplus market first, and even antique stores, before looking at what goes for a new tool these days. People are now buying cheap tools to get them thru the present task they are working on. Instead of tools that will last for a lifetime. Harbor Freight, for example. There may not be a single good tool in the whole store. Sure they sell many that may get you by for a while. And Now Northern Tool is just as bad. When they were named Northern Hydraulics they weren't too bad, but not anymore. Junk, junk, junk.

@Elderberry

You know why? Because people were buying the junk because it was cheap. I once was forced to buy a hammer at a Dollar General while off on a road trip to bring a car home. My trailer deck is wooden,and I 2x8 wooder planks to make my ramp less steep. I needed a hammer to nail the wooden ramps to the wooden deck right behind the front tires and right ahead of the rear tires as an additional safely measure,and to keep them from blowing off going down the road. When I went to pull the nails out of the ramps so I could position them and winch the car up on the trailer,damned if the head didn't bend on the metal shaft. I ended up having to go to a home depot and buy a good hammer despite having 3 good hammers at home.

How much did I save? Not a nickel. I lost money by having to buy a hammer twice,I lost time by having to make two trips to buy a freaking hammer,and I lost money by having to pay for the diesel and the wear and tear on my truck  to find a Home Depot to buy a hammer.

I agree that most people not only don't need "contractor grade" hand or power tools,but that doesn't mean they should buy junk. Sears as well as other companies used to make and sell an "ecomomy" line of hand and power tools that was just as strong as the professional line,but not as well polished or "accessorized". Now,with the exceptions of a few stores,Sears sells nothing.

The reason for this is they lost their customers due to idiots buying Chinese junk that the Chinese sold below costs in order to destroy the  US manufacturing markets so they could later move in and sell their junk at the same price US manufactured items used to sell for.

Meanwhile,all the people that worked in the factories designing and manufacturing all those tools no longer have jobs.

Yeah,we saw a TINY amount of this after WW-2 when the Japanese were allowed to flood our market with cheap crap so they could rebuild their cities and get back on their feet,but that period didn't last very long because the Japanese took their profits and used the money to design and build better items.

With the Chinese there is no freaking end because the heads of the Dim and the alleged Republican parties are in bed with them Nancy Pelosi's husband is their chief legal counsel (Norinco) in the US,and it was Nancy that tipped her husband off on the BATF raid of their warehouses at Long Beach,Ca to confiscate the machine guns that Norinco was smuggling into the country and selling to drug gangs,as well as to drug gangs in Mexico

The BATF was/is required by law to brief a Senate Committee that she chaired (IIRC,the Foreign Relations Committee) on any upcoming raids or arrests of foreign nationals at least a day before it happens,so they did. That very same night every single Norinco official in the US flew out of America. Either straight back to China,on to some place they could get a direct flight.
Not a single one was arrested.

I was fitting out  gin poles for my 56 to pull the engine/trans out of the hunting camp bus. I went to Northern tool for chain and fittings. Sure they had plenty of graded chain. But they had ZERO graded fittings. It was all ungraded Chinese fittings. NO SALE.

MY son had a mechanic swap engines in his Vette with a 454 Crate engine. Afterward my son noticed a vibration he hadn't felt before. And then he got orders to Guam. We trailered the car home and later I found that the shop had used the orig harmonic balancer and flex plate. Well the pulled engine must of been internally balanced and the new one externally. As there are only a few bolts connecting the flex plate to the trans I wanted to go with new bolts. What an ordeal. I started with auto parts stores. The only bolts of that type were blister packed from China with no grading. I wouldn't of trusted them even if they were graded. You have heard all about counterfeit graded bolts from China, haven't you? So I went to several "Speed Centers" They were selling the same crap.  I ended up buying a box of 50 graded Johansen bolts from McMaster for cheaper than those Chinese blister packs were going for.

You are making my case for me. Thanks!

So don't go hard on Walmart without realizing its all around you.

Oh,I do realize that. I mostly go after Wal-Mart because it was probably the first to betray us .Bubba was governor of Ark,and Bubbette! was appointed to a board seat at Wal-Mart based on her extensive business experience of none at all. The Bush Crime Family was in the WH,and they had to pull the political strings to lower tariffs and let Chinese crap into the US.
EVERYBODY got to dip their beaks into that one. The thing that pisses me off the most about it is this was happening at the same time that Wal-Mart was advertising "Our products are 98 percent made in America!" That may have been true for about 15 minutes,but the Chinese cargo ships were already at sea.

BTW,the Bush Crime Family connection is related to Poppy having been the 1st US Ambassador to China,and had also been the head of the CIA. He knew who was who there,and who to make the connections with. China opened up to the US,and Poppy immediately sent his uncle there to open the "US-China Chamber of Commerce" to handle the paperwork for all the deals between the Chinese government and US Merchants.

I'm sure that and Bubbette! being on the Board of Directors of Wal-Mart is just a coinkydink,and has nothing to do with why they are still such great good friends,even today.

Now we have given them American money in exchange for cash,and created a monster in Asia we are going to have to deal with for the foerseen future. 

And this ain't even getting into how Poppy and Boy Jorge opened the flood gates to US schools for members of the PLA to steal our technology.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2064 on: July 30, 2019, 07:29:52 pm »
This has nothing to do with the spud piddler, which is infinitely more interesting than all this Walmart-bashing, but Walmart always has tried to buy American-made products, where available.

@mountaineer

What are your other favorite fairy tales?

Unfortunately, it's hard to find them. We just don't make a lot of consumer goods in this country anymore.

Gee,I wonder why?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2065 on: July 30, 2019, 08:17:46 pm »
@sneakypete

Please!  This is a lighthearted thread!  Leave the Bush thing to a serious thread?

TIA
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2066 on: July 30, 2019, 08:35:43 pm »
Well, in case anyone cares -- the woman who allegedly did her business on the produce at Walmart turned herself in.

https://www.wtae.com/article/police-search-for-woman-accused-of-urinating-on-produce-at-west-mifflin-walmart/28547837

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2067 on: July 30, 2019, 09:31:23 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2068 on: July 30, 2019, 09:35:35 pm »
Well, in case anyone cares -- the woman who allegedly did her business on the produce at Walmart turned herself in.

https://www.wtae.com/article/police-search-for-woman-accused-of-urinating-on-produce-at-west-mifflin-walmart/28547837

I wonder if it's sinking in that for the rest of her life when anyone does a search for her name, the fact that she climbed up into a bin of potatoes in a grocery store and peed on them is going to show up? 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2069 on: July 30, 2019, 09:41:41 pm »
I wonder if it's sinking in that for the rest of her life when anyone does a search for her name, the fact that she climbed up into a bin of potatoes in a grocery store and peed on them is going to show up?

She might think it's cool!   :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2070 on: July 31, 2019, 01:09:20 am »
Seriously? Haven't you heard of the "Yellow Peril"?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2071 on: July 31, 2019, 01:11:09 am »
Seriously? Haven't you heard of the "Yellow Peril"?

HA!
 888high58888

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2072 on: July 31, 2019, 01:14:48 am »
Finally!  The link has been made.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2073 on: July 31, 2019, 01:31:49 am »

@Applewood

She is claiming she made a mistake. Maybe she thought she was urinating on a bag of carrots or tomatoes?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2074 on: July 31, 2019, 01:36:44 am »
@Applewood

She is claiming she made a mistake. Maybe she thought she was urinating on a bag of carrots or tomatoes?

Give her a break. Pissing is hard.