Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 538057 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1600 on: November 06, 2018, 11:39:17 am »
As is much of life.

@Sanguine

Which itself can be pretty damn random. I personally knew a man that was shot between the eyes with a AK-47 at less than 50's yards,and survived.  He was knocked unconscious and placed face down on a stretcher to be medi-evaced,and ended up coughing the bullet up.

Look at all the couples who tried to have children and couldn't,but had the wife get pregnant after adopting a child.

Not much more random than life itself.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:41:57 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1601 on: November 06, 2018, 02:44:37 pm »
HE COULD BE FACING A DIFFICULT RE-ELECTION ... The mayor of Achille, Okla., and his roommate, who were both high on meth, crashed a car into a ditch and walked 15 minutes to a house in Calera, which they began to burglarize when the homeowner woke up, pulled a shotgun on them, and held them for police. Boston Herald
The mayor then explained the whole situation:
... Mayor David Northcutt said he and his friend were backroading in a Jeep along the river bottom. He said wild hogs ran in front of their vehicle that they hit and killed. That's when it all started.

"We had no intention of burglarizing, no intention of stealing," said Northcutt.

Northcutt said he and Joshua Doughty were driving to his cousin's house.

"I got the Jeep stuck in mud, and we were going to walk down the road either to his home, or to find assistance to help us get the jeep out of the mud," Northcutt said.

He said they knocked on the door of a house that he thought was his cousin's or one of that cousin's neighbors.

"Someone did aid us and we went through the front door and we were given blankets, and we were planning on sleeping until daylight," he said.

Northcutt said they woke up about an hour and a half later.

"I found myself at the end of a shot gun and being chased off that property," he said.  ...
KXII

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #1602 on: November 06, 2018, 03:46:16 pm »
Antarctica Scientist Stabbed Colleague for Spoiling Book Endings

This is the coldest case ever.

In the first attempted murder ever on the frozen continent of Antarctica, a Russian scientist reportedly snapped and allegedly tried to stab a colleague to death because the victim kept giving away the endings of books.

Sergey Savitsky had been trying to use literature to pass the lonesome months at Bellingshausen Station on King George Island, but his colleague Oleg Beloguzov was making it impossible to enjoy his hobby.

“[He] kept telling [him] the endings of books before he read them,” The Sun reported, citing an unnamed source.

He was completely justified!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #1603 on: November 07, 2018, 03:53:09 am »
He was completely justified!
In Russia mystery book murders you.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1604 on: November 07, 2018, 06:38:41 am »
BARE BUNS: HALF-NAKED WOMAN FALLS THROUGH COOK OUT CEILING
Police in Tennessee say a half-naked woman fell twice through a restaurant's ceiling and landed in its kitchen.
Posted: Nov. 1, 2018 10:34 AM  Posted By: AP

Cook Out/Twitter

KINGSPORT, Tenn. (AP) - Police in Tennessee say a half-naked woman fell twice through a restaurant's ceiling and landed in its kitchen.

News outlets report 26-year-old Harley C. Morton was arrested Tuesday on charges including trespassing and disorderly conduct.

A Kingsport police report says a Cook Out employee called 911 when the naked bottom half of a woman dropped through the ceiling tiles.

[...]

https://www.waaytv.com/content/news/Bare-buns-Half-naked-woman-falls-through-Cook-Out-ceiling-499291561.html

If the ass end looked as bad as the fore, I feel really sorry for the poor restaurant employees!  ***suicide***

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1605 on: November 07, 2018, 02:42:39 pm »

If the ass end looked as bad as the fore, I feel really sorry for the poor restaurant employees!  ***suicide***

@GtHawk

I disagree. She would clean up nice if you gave her a couple of days to get "sober",comb her hair,etc,etc,etc.

I can understand a junkie planning on breaking in through the ceiling to steal after the joint is closed,but I can't even begin to guess why she was naked from the waist down. Was she drunk and fell down while trying to get undressed so she didn't get cooking grease on her clothes?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1606 on: November 07, 2018, 03:51:45 pm »
@GtHawk

I disagree. She would clean up nice if you gave her a couple of days to get "sober",comb her hair,etc,etc,etc.

I can understand a junkie planning on breaking in through the ceiling to steal after the joint is closed,but I can't even begin to guess why she was naked from the waist down. Was she drunk and fell down while trying to get undressed so she didn't get cooking grease on her clothes?
@sneakypete
Or, if you're in a hurry............... 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1607 on: November 10, 2018, 07:21:35 pm »
Man dies after injecting silicone in genitals, mom blames sex ‘cult’ master
By Alexandra Klausner
November 7, 2018

A Washington kink enthusiast died last month after silicone injections in his genitals led to fatal bleeding, but his mom believes a gay sex “cult” is to blame.

Jack Chapman, a 28-year-old Australian living in Seattle, died from “silicone embolism syndrome” resulting in hemorrhaging in the lungs, the King County Medical Examiner’s Office told The Stranger this week.

Chapman — who went by “Tank Heathcliff Hafertepen” and “Pup Tank” — was an active member of San Francisco and later Seattle’s gay BDSM community. Chapman served as one of several slaves to master Dylan Hafertepen, known as the nickname “Noodles and Beef.”  ...

Chapman’s mother, Linda, is blaming Hafertepen for turning her son on to the dangerous body modification that resulted in his death. She likened her son’s relationship with his master to a cult. ...

Linda detailed a contract her son signed with Hafertepen which promised his master total control over his mind and body. She said her son was required to take Hafertepen’s last name, give him his salary, wear a chain around his neck and cut off contact with anyone outside his BDSM circle. ...
Rest of story

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1608 on: November 10, 2018, 09:19:55 pm »
Rest of story

Linda detailed a contract her son signed with Hafertepen which promised his master total control over his mind and body. She said her son was required to take Hafertepen’s last name, give him his salary, wear a chain around his neck and cut off contact with anyone outside his BDSM circle. ...

@mountaineer

If she has proof of that,his death is partially her fault because all she would have had to have done was take the contract to court and she could have had her son declared mentally incompetent and gained custody  to have him put away.

Why do people expect the government to do all the work for them?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1609 on: November 10, 2018, 11:08:40 pm »
"kink enthusiast"?  That's a thing, huh?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1610 on: November 10, 2018, 11:09:49 pm »
@mountaineer

If she has proof of that,his death is partially her fault because all she would have had to have done was take the contract to court and she could have had her son declared mentally incompetent and gained custody  to have him put away.

If he signed it of his own free will, nothing a court would have done about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1611 on: November 10, 2018, 11:26:16 pm »
If he signed it of his own free will, nothing a court would have done about it.

@Sanguine

Someone found to be mentally incompetent by docs has no free will,and this boy was "barking at the moon" mad.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:26:49 pm by sneakypete »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1612 on: November 11, 2018, 12:24:15 am »
Having someone legally declared incompetent is much easier said than done, even when the subject truly is incapable of properly caring for himself.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1613 on: November 11, 2018, 08:15:42 pm »
Judge calls Toronto cop who ate marijuana-laced chocolate bar seized in raid a ‘complete idiot'
LIAM CASEY | THE CANADIAN PRESS | PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

A Toronto police officer who stole and ate a marijuana-laced chocolate bar seized during a pot-shop raid was a “complete idiot” for tampering with evidence, a judge said Friday as the man pleaded guilty in the case.

Vittorio Dominelli, a 36-year-old constable who resigned from the force this week, pleaded guilty to attempting to obstruct justice in connection with the January incident.

[...]

“From the point of view of public interest, the impact is profound,” she said. “The conduct here you cannot describe as anything other than stupid.”

Misener added that the fact that Dominelli had taken a marijuana-infused item was not the issue.

“He might have taken cough syrup or a pair of woolly comfortable socks that he wanted to try on his feet,” she said. “It’s interfering with evidence.”

[...]

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cannabis/article-judge-calls-toronto-cop-who-ate-marijuana-laced-chocolate-bar-seized/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1614 on: November 11, 2018, 08:16:31 pm »

What...like interfere with a contract?  Sounds like she probably tied to deal with it herself, rather than involve the government.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1615 on: November 11, 2018, 09:08:35 pm »
What...like interfere with a contract?  Sounds like she probably tied to deal with it herself, rather than involve the government.

@Suppressed

Ok,please splain how you are going to overthrow a legal contract without going to a court. The court isn't going to take notice of a wrong unless someone presents that wrong to the court. In cases like this,that is the responsibility of a family member.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1616 on: November 11, 2018, 09:55:21 pm »
@Suppressed

Ok,please splain how you are going to overthrow a legal contract without going to a court.

@sneakypete

Convince someone not to sign it, or, after the fact, try to get it revoked voluntarily.  Which is what she probably was trying to do.  I can only speculate.  But in any case, your solution involves government.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:56:33 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1617 on: November 11, 2018, 09:57:25 pm »
@sneakypete

Convince someone not to sign it, or, after the fact, try to get it revoked voluntarily.  Which is what she probably was trying to do.  I can only speculate.  But in any case, your solution involves government.

@Suppressed

When the problem involves the government,so does the solution.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1618 on: November 11, 2018, 10:01:22 pm »
@Suppressed

When the problem involves the government,so does the solution.

Agreed.  That's why I think that before having socialized medicine, we need to socialize the legal profession. 

But that's another topic . . .
+++++++++

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1619 on: November 11, 2018, 10:05:34 pm »
Agreed.  That's why I think that before having socialized medicine, we need to socialize the legal profession. 

But that's another topic . . .

@Suppressed

Ahhhh,leftist lawyers flinging themselves off bridges,hanging themselves,setting their Porsche's on fire with them in them,etc,etc,etc. That will make pleasant pictures in my mind of a better world as I lay down to go to sleep tonight.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1620 on: November 11, 2018, 10:07:48 pm »
@Suppressed

Ahhhh,leftist lawyers flinging themselves off bridges,hanging themselves,setting their Porsche's on fire with them in them,etc,etc,etc. That will make pleasant pictures in my mind of a better world as I lay down to go to sleep tonight.

:beer:
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1621 on: November 14, 2018, 05:12:57 pm »
Boy gets six points on future driving licence for scooter speeding
Boy, 15, caught by police who clocked him at ‘high speed’ on electric scooter in north-east England

It is perhaps not unusual for overexcited new drivers to clock up a few points on their licence in their first year or two behind the wheel.

But pity the 15-year-old boy who, having never put pedal to the metal on a public highway, already has six points on his licence. The teenager appeared in court last month after he was caught by police in Cleveland, north-east England, for clocking a “high speed” on an electric scooter.

[...]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/14/boy-gets-six-points-on-future-driving-licence-for-scooter-speeding
+++++++++

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1622 on: November 14, 2018, 11:53:32 pm »
This thread is a grab bag of craziness!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1623 on: November 15, 2018, 12:18:29 am »
This thread is a grab bag of craziness!
I believe that's the point.  It's wild, it's wacky, it's ridiculous. :pondering:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1624 on: November 15, 2018, 02:26:25 pm »
Boy gets six points on future driving licence for scooter speeding
Boy, 15, caught by police who clocked him at ‘high speed’ on electric scooter in north-east England

It is perhaps not unusual for overexcited new drivers to clock up a few points on their licence in their first year or two behind the wheel.

But pity the 15-year-old boy who, having never put pedal to the metal on a public highway, already has six points on his licence. The teenager appeared in court last month after he was caught by police in Cleveland, north-east England, for clocking a “high speed” on an electric scooter.

[...]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/14/boy-gets-six-points-on-future-driving-licence-for-scooter-speeding
I have a grandson who has been clocked over 40 MPH on a conventional (foot powered) scooter on one of the longer hills in town. (speed limit there is 35) I have little doubt he has gone faster....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis