Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 538070 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1375 on: June 06, 2018, 01:10:47 pm »

Virginia police chase stolen armored personnel carrier for more than 60 miles, soldier arrested

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/06/virginia-police-chase-stolen-armored-personnel-carrier-for-more-than-60-miles-soldier-arrested.html

A solider stole an armored personnel carrier from a Virginia National Guard base and led authorities on more than a 60-mile chase before being arrested in the state's capital city on Tuesday, officials said.

Virginia State Police said in a news release the incident began around 7:50 p.m., when the armored personnel carrier was driven away from Fort Pickett in Nottoway County. The military vehicle, which moves on tracks similar to a tank, was not equipped with any weaponry and is the property of the Virginia National Guard.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1376 on: June 06, 2018, 06:31:11 pm »

Virginia police chase stolen armored personnel carrier for more than 60 miles, soldier arrested

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/06/virginia-police-chase-stolen-armored-personnel-carrier-for-more-than-60-miles-soldier-arrested.html

Logic ain't that boy's strong point,is it?

A solider stole an armored personnel carrier from a Virginia National Guard base and led authorities on more than a 60-mile chase before being arrested in the state's capital city on Tuesday, officials said.

Virginia State Police said in a news release the incident began around 7:50 p.m., when the armored personnel carrier was driven away from Fort Pickett in Nottoway County. The military vehicle, which moves on tracks similar to a tank, was not equipped with any weaponry and is the property of the Virginia National Guard.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1377 on: June 06, 2018, 11:34:18 pm »
More on the happy Schunk family, from FOX:
Survivors penning 'revenge obituaries' to settle scores with the departed
By Andrew O'Reilly | Fox News

The posthumous pillorying of the dead – or the "revenge obituary" – is part of a growing trend that has family members digging up dirt on the deceased and getting the final word.

The latest is a local newspaper obituary for Kathleen Dehmlow, who passed away last week at a nursing home in Springfield, Minn., and could barely have hit any harder.  ...

After reading Kathleen Dehmlow's obit, one of her relatives, Dwight Dehmlow, told the Star Tribune Kathleen was sorry for the way she treated her children.

“She made a mistake 60 years ago, but who hasn’t?” he said. “Has she regretted it over the years? Yes.”

Dwight Dehmlow added he believed that Kathleen's son was behind the obituary. “He’s very upset,” he said. “He decided to go out with hate. I can’t believe he did this. ... This is going to hurt a lot of people.”  ...
The article recounts other vengeful obits, as well.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #1378 on: June 06, 2018, 11:40:15 pm »
More on the happy Schunk family, from FOX:The article recounts other vengeful obits, as well.

F*cking your husbands brother and deserting you family after the birth of the bastard child made from that unholy union might leave a bad taste on the offspring left without their mother.  But what would I know?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1379 on: June 06, 2018, 11:43:31 pm »
F*cking your husbands brother and deserting you family after the birth of the bastard child made from that unholy union might leave a bad taste on the offspring left without their mother.  But what would I know?
I definitely understand their anger and pain. As noted in the article I posted, sometimes writing an angry obit serves as catharsis for the aggrieved family members.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #1380 on: June 06, 2018, 11:49:22 pm »
I definitely understand their anger and pain. As noted in the article I posted, sometimes writing an angry obit serves as catharsis for the aggrieved family members.

To head off any such nonsense after my passing I already paid for my Obit and left a copy for print at the Newspaper and county organ of record.  I also left instructions with my wife that it be posted here on TBR.   

It starts with a friendly opening:  "Kiss my Ass" 

You can read the rest later.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:51:00 pm by Wingnut »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1381 on: June 07, 2018, 12:01:41 am »
You'll outlive us all, just to be ornery.  22222frying pan

Offline WingNot

« Reply #1382 on: June 07, 2018, 12:10:52 am »
You'll outlive us all, just to be ornery.  22222frying pan

They say everyone needs a goal. :beer:

Offline thackney

« Reply #1383 on: June 07, 2018, 09:06:33 pm »
I listened to this on the way to work this morning, as they figured out it was a fake.

Boy Scout's novelty grenade prompts scare at Hobby Airport
http://abc13.com/boy-scouts-novelty-grenade-prompts-scare-at-hobby-airport-/3572413/
June 07, 2018

A security checkpoint at Hobby Airport is back open after authorities were sent in to investigate a suspicious device early Thursday morning.

Houston police confirmed the device was a novelty grenade found in a 17-year-old Boy Scout's bag...

- - - - - -

The radio broadcast turned into a discussion of what not to bring or discuss while at the security check-in for the airport.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

« Reply #1384 on: June 07, 2018, 10:00:17 pm »

TSA agent prepares for body cavity search of boy scout looking for other explosive devices.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1385 on: June 08, 2018, 01:24:40 am »
Cattle battle: Bulls caught fighting in California neighborhood

An impromptu “bullfight” broke out in a California neighborhood, police said Tuesday, after the animals reportedly took off from a rancher.

The Fremont Police Department shared video of two large, black bulls duking it out in the middle of the street. The pair charged at each other before one skittered away and the other lost its footing.

-----------------

I call BS.
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

« Reply #1386 on: June 08, 2018, 03:33:45 am »
Man Interviewed After Finding A Dead Body; Arrested Later For Murdering His Mom

He pretty much snitched on himself with this interview

Written by Wayne Dupree · 1 hour ago

A Pennslyvania man killed his 60-year-old mother and then took a TV interview about claiming he just found the body.

Matthew Haverly killed his mother Patricia and tried to trick the news crew and police as if he just found the body at the creek. During the interview, he tried to give scenarios of what he thought happened, and he couldn’t stop talking.

It was found it a few hours later that the dead body was his mom and the police quickly arrested him and charged him with murder.

VIDEO AT LINK

<..snip..>

https://www.waynedupree.com/man-kills-mom-then-gives-interview/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1387 on: June 10, 2018, 07:43:01 pm »
Man And His Monkey Are Caged By Cops
Capuchin named Monk was clinging to auto theft arrestee

JUNE 8--A man arrested this morning for auto theft had a small diaper-clad monkey clinging to his chest when Florida cops apprehended him after he drove the hot wheels into a ditch.

Investigators allege that Cody Blake Hession, 23, took a vehicle from the driveway of a St. Petersburg residence early this morning (keys to the unlocked auto were on the floorboard). Hession then drove the car about 35 miles to Holiday, a Tampa-St. Pete suburb, where he “drove off the edge of a parking lot, into a ditch,” according to a complaint affidavit.

When Pasco County Sheriff’s Office deputies detained Hession, who had fled the vehicle, there was a leashed Capuchin monkey attached to Hession’s pink polo shirt....

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/animals/man-and-his-monkey-029734

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1388 on: June 10, 2018, 07:48:43 pm »
FIGHT NIGHT Tyson Fury crowd explodes into huge 15-man brawl which distracts the boxers midway through fight

Blokes could be seen leaping out of their chairs to throw punches during the brutal rumble during Fury's victory over  Sefer Seferi
By James Cox

10th June 2018, 7:09 pm
Updated: 10th June 2018, 7:11 pm

The brutal rumble exploded during Fury's victory over Sefer Seferi as blokes leaped from their chairs to throw punches.

Fury, 29, even took some time out of his boxing clash to watch the punch-up at Manchester Arena.

Instead of taking advantage of Fury losing his concentration, Seferi stood motionless, and looked out over the ropes too...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/6491936/tyson-fury-sefer-seferi-crowd-15-man-brawl/

Oh, those blokes.   :laugh:

Offline verga

« Reply #1389 on: June 12, 2018, 01:50:04 am »
Oh, those blokes.   :laugh:
Wow the last time I went to a boxing match the only thing that happened was a Hockey game broke out.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1390 on: June 13, 2018, 03:48:23 am »
Man poops on another man in Pennsylvania road rage episode, police say
Associated Press  June 11, 2018
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/bs-pa-ap-road-rage-poop-20180611-story.html

Police say one man pooped on another man during a road rage episode in Pennsylvania.

Authorities say a New Tripoli man got into an argument with another man at about 8:45 a.m. Friday and defecated on the victim.

The altercation happened in Heidelberg Township, which is about 17 miles north of Allentown.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1391 on: June 13, 2018, 03:56:13 am »
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/bs-pa-ap-road-rage-poop-20180611-story.html

Police say one man pooped on another man during a road rage episode in Pennsylvania.

Authorities say a New Tripoli man got into an argument with another man at about 8:45 a.m. Friday and defecated on the victim.

The altercation happened in Heidelberg Township, which is about 17 miles north of Allentown.

[...]

TWFW*

*Too weird for words.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1392 on: June 13, 2018, 05:58:12 pm »

[...]

I have a question about this.....

The process takes time.

Why didn't the other guy just move out of the way?   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1393 on: June 13, 2018, 08:01:57 pm »
I have a question about this.....

The process takes time.

Why didn't the other guy just move out of the way?   :shrug:

@musiclady

I do not know and am only GUESSING,but MY best guess is there was throwing involved,and at least the thrower is from the Muddle East.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1394 on: June 13, 2018, 09:01:16 pm »
@musiclady

I do not know and am only GUESSING,but MY best guess is there was throwing involved,and at least the thrower is from the Muddle East.

Good guess.

But also even more disgusting if he picked it up with his own hand to throw it.   :terror:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1395 on: June 13, 2018, 09:06:04 pm »
Good guess.

But also even more disgusting if he picked it up with his own hand to throw it.   :terror:

@musiclady

No big deal for desert people. Not much toilet paper or any leafs in the desert. Why do you think they insist on only using one hand to eat with?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1396 on: June 13, 2018, 09:09:49 pm »
@musiclady

No big deal for desert people. Not much toilet paper or any leafs in the desert. Why do you think they insist on only using one hand to eat with?

Yeah......... I know.  Same is true in parts of India.  You eat with your non-wiping hand.  (No wonder every traveler gets sick in these parts!)

Nasty stuff.   **nononono*

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1397 on: June 13, 2018, 11:02:54 pm »
Asylum Seeker Raped Disabled Belgian Woman for Three Days Hoping for Anchor Baby

A 30-year-old asylum seeker in Belgium has been sentenced to four years imprisonment after he raped a mentally disabled woman hoping to get her pregnant so he could use the child as an excuse to remain in the country.

The migrant, named Karim, met with the 19-year-old girl in November 2014 in the city of Liege and held her for three days at a squat where he was living, raping her repeatedly, Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure reports.

The mother of the girl, who despite being 19 is said to have a mental capacity equal to a seven or eight-year-old child, told the court that 30-year-old Karim wanted to get the girl pregnant as he had previously been deported from the country and banned from living there for six years.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/06/13/asylum-seeker-rapes-mentally-disabled-belgian-woman-anchor-baby/
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1398 on: June 14, 2018, 02:07:46 am »
Asylum Seeker Raped Disabled Belgian Woman for Three Days Hoping for Anchor Baby

A 30-year-old asylum seeker in Belgium has been sentenced to four years imprisonment after he raped a mentally disabled woman hoping to get her pregnant so he could use the child as an excuse to remain in the country.

The migrant, named Karim, met with the 19-year-old girl in November 2014 in the city of Liege and held her for three days at a squat where he was living, raping her repeatedly, Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure reports.

The mother of the girl, who despite being 19 is said to have a mental capacity equal to a seven or eight-year-old child, told the court that 30-year-old Karim wanted to get the girl pregnant as he had previously been deported from the country and banned from living there for six years.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/06/13/asylum-seeker-rapes-mentally-disabled-belgian-woman-anchor-baby/

So he gets to spend the next 4 years living off the backs of the Belgian taxpayers,which is basically a paid vacation for scum like him?

And the Belgians SERIOUSLY believe that 4 years is a stiff sentence for kidnapping,raping,and beating a mentally defective woman?

Hell,let HIM out of prison and put the Belgian politicians in there in his place. They are more dangerous criminals than he is.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1399 on: June 14, 2018, 03:18:13 pm »
@musiclady

Well, it does say he's from New Tripoli!   Close enough?

I suppose he'd have to throw with his left hand.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn