Author Topic: ‘What an embarrassment!’ Why couldn’t Ruth Ginsburg stay awake for the pope?  (Read 1060 times)

rangerrebew

‘What an embarrassment!’ Why couldn’t Ruth Ginsburg stay awake for the pope?
September 24, 2015 | Michael Dorstewitz |

As Pope Francis rose to address the assembled members of Congress and the justices of the Supreme Court, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s head dropped and her eyelids closed in a repeat performance of January’s State of the Union address.

And just like the time before, it didn’t go unnoticed and people took to social media with their observations, including one that summed it up pretty well: “What an embarrassment.”

The last time this happened, Ginsburg claimed she wasn’t entirely sober during the president’s address.

“Oh — what I meant was that I had a glass of wine with dinner,” she said in an interview with MSNBC’s Irin Carmon airing on “The Rachel Maddow Show.” “And that on top of having stayed up all night. I was writing something.”

But the pope’s address took place Wednesday before noon — wine in the morning?

Conservatives are less concerned about her sleeping habits than they are that the 82-year-old Ginsburg makes it trough January of 2017. Then, with any luck at all, it’ll be a Republican president who nominates her successor.

H/T: National Review

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/09/24/what-an-embarrassment-why-couldnt-ruth-ginsburg-stay-awake-for-the-pope-255820#ixzz3mgCHJp3i

rangerrebew

And she's one of the band of 9 who now makes law in America? savme

Offline GourmetDan

And she's one of the band of 9 who now makes law in America?

I'm thinking she's better than anyone Bammy would replace her with...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

that is a valid point GD!

Offline GourmetDan

that is a valid point GD!

If for no other reason than she won't be around much longer than 2017... if she makes it... and I hope she does.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

If for no other reason than she won't be around much longer than 2017... if she makes it... and I hope she does.

Good point. Gotta start mentioning her in nightly prayers.

1.20.17  :0001:

rangerrebew

I humble yield to your superior wisdom on t he subject. ****cute kitty

Godzilla

Ginsberg is Jewish. 

Tuesday night/Wednesday was Yom Kippur.

She probably went to synagogue on Tuesday night and most of Wednesday.  And on those days it's a requirement to fast.

Wednesday night, she probably had a large dinner to break the fast, with - as she said - a glass of wine.

At her age, that would be taxing.

---

Not to mention the fact it's only the pope.  How many articles have been posted here about how he's the nigh anti-Christ?

Why would you want anyone to actually pay respect to the person generating such outrage?

Offline musiclady

Good point. Gotta start mentioning her in nightly prayers.

1.20.17  :0001:

hehe..................
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline raml

So what is wrong with falling asleep when a heretic is speaking?

rangerrebew

Ginsberg is Jewish. 

Judging be her statements and votes, she can't be a practicing Jew.